1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

almost crashed

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 08 tacoma, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Aug 10, 2010 at 1:14 AM
    08 tacoma

08 tacoma [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    08 Sr5
    so yesterday i was driving my tacoma which has a 3 in lift, and i was about to take a right onto a street but it was a red light so i make a complete stop and then pressed the gas a little and my truck drifted into the second lane(luckly there was no one on the road near by) and i quickly got control and straightened it out before i went over the sidewalk into the light post, it was raining that day and was sprinkling during when this happened..

2. Aug 10, 2010 at 3:01 AM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2014 DCSB TRD 4x4
    something doesnt click

either you didnt make the complete stop or you didnt just press the gas a little

slow down if its raining

3. Aug 10, 2010 at 4:50 AM
    rhodehard09

rhodehard09 sometimes nonsense is the only sense someone has

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    tampa, fl
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road 4x4 doublecab
    3" lift, allpro u-bolt flip kit,285/75/16 km2s, hella hid lights, hid conversions for headlights and foglights, led everything, debadged, 9145 reverse light bulbs, black tail lights, black headlight mod,trail-gear rock sliders, dynomax ultra flo muffler,satoshi with custom woven stainless grill,hella 100watt floods in grill, pioneer 4100 in dash dvd player, pioneer 800watt 4 channel amp, pioneer 4way 6x9s, pioneer 4 way 6.5s, 2 rockford p3 10's,rockford power 500.1 mono amp w/bass knob, 7 pin relocated, highlift and mount in bed, diff breather mod, led bed lights, secondary air filter removed,t-rex eyelids, mefab bumper bar, muddy under carriage
    x2

4. Aug 10, 2010 at 5:50 AM
    06redtacoma

06redtacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Alabama
    Vehicle:
    06 Trd Offroad
    Lifted, Slider, stock rack, rear mounted winch in stock bumper, brush guard, Sound system, ipod to car, tint, wheel spacers, 285 bfg AT,
    i have had this happen and upon closer inspection there was oil all in the turn guessing a car had broken down early in the day and they had not bothered to clean up, Thanks, and it was raining. almost lost it into a telephone poll. what they said just slow down, i was still going to fast for the conditions.

5. Aug 10, 2010 at 5:57 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    DC or New Jersey - Depends on the day....
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast. Pilots live by those words- You should to.

Even if you did come to a complete stop- You musta punched the gas or had something else going on. Gotta take your time and be ready for things out of the ordinary.

Glad that you only ALMOST crashed.

To Top