1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

almost done with the "mod-swap" on the 08 Tacoma...

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas' started by P. Bauer, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Feb 2, 2010 at 12:38 AM
    P. Bauer

P. Bauer [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Jose
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off-Road
    TRD S/C :: Intake Camburg SwayAway Magnaflow American Racing Donahoe Racing Wheelers OffRoad
    Backstory: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/60323-happy-alive.html

Finally was able to locate an American Racing Crater Teflon wheel to complete the set. AR for some reason, discontinued a few wheels from their lineup, including the Crater Teflon series. After the accident, I was able to get -2- good wheels from the 06 Tacoma (R.I.P.). Finding two wheels was quite a task. I was able to locate -1- wheel back east and then my luck ran out. Finally had to purchase another part number AR Crater Teflon from Jeg's (limited supply of AR wheels). Same bolt pattern, same backspacing, but wrong hub diameter (GMC/Chevy). Took my chances and purchased -1- wheel and took it to a wheel shop to get the hub bored. Wheel Techniques in Santa Clara, CA. did a great job, best $40 I have ever spent.

I will post a FOR SALE ad later this week, but if anybody is looking for 2008 TRD Off-Road OEM wheels with BFGoodrich Rugged Trails (70% tread left), email me. OEM Toyota Lugs included.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My fault for the sub-standard photos.... =D

To Top