1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Alpine INA-W900BT *Lots Of Pics*

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by 06BLUEDBLSPORT, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Feb 7, 2011 at 4:18 PM
    06BLUEDBLSPORT

06BLUEDBLSPORT [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Fort Wayne Indiana
    Vehicle:
    12 Tundra DC SR5 4x4 5.7L
    True Dual Flowmaster 40 Series exhaust, Volant CAI, HIDs, Raptor series Side Steps, Weathertech Floorliners, OME 613 Shocks and Coils with Diff Drop, Rear Bilstein 5100 Shocks, ToyTec AAL, Fearless Fabrication Front Bumper
    What do you mean? like how flush it is in the dash kit?

2. Feb 7, 2011 at 4:19 PM
    06BLUEDBLSPORT

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Fort Wayne Indiana
    Vehicle:
    True Dual Flowmaster 40 Series exhaust, Volant CAI, HIDs, Raptor series Side Steps, Weathertech Floorliners, OME 613 Shocks and Coils with Diff Drop, Rear Bilstein 5100 Shocks, ToyTec AAL, Fearless Fabrication Front Bumper
    oh shoot I'm sorry i didnt post up those pictures, i completely forgot :sorry:
    Ill get them up this weekend ;)

3. Feb 7, 2011 at 4:38 PM
    john94

john94 Member

Member:
    i just bought this unit going to do the install myself.

4. Feb 7, 2011 at 4:42 PM
    06BLUEDBLSPORT

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Fort Wayne Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Im not sure, i had some one install it for me so im not sure, but there is no antenna on the roof, if anything its in the headliner if i was to guess, sorry i cant give you exact location of it

5. Feb 7, 2011 at 4:57 PM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Assuming you shopped around before you bought the Alpine HU, what sold you on the Alpine? I'm getting close to making this sort of upgrade and was wondering what pushed you toward Alpine as opposed to Kenwood or Pioneer?

6. Feb 7, 2011 at 5:09 PM
    gusher

gusher SUPERCHARGED!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Hudson NH
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4 long bed, TRD Sport
    '08 Indigo Double Cab TRD Sport 4x4 Long Bed, Grillcraft grill, Pioneer AVH-P3200BT head unit, XM receiver, Boyo backup camera, Custom devil horns Toyota logo, Black headlight mod, Fog lights on anytime mod, Maglight mount, Weathertech floor liners, Debadged, Trex color-matched eyelids, Access tonneau cover, Toyota bed divider, Sno-way 7'4" snow plow, Auxiliary backup lights, Rear spring TSB, Removed front mud flaps, 2.5" Hell Bent Steel front lift, 285/70-17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, Satin black MB TKO wheels, Black Go Rhino Dominator II nerf steps, custom HomeLink install, CompuStar remote starter, Redline Tuning QuickLift Elite hood struts, Toyota bed mat, Custom short Taco antenna, TRD cold air intake, TRD exhaust, TRD supercharger
    Nice job man...that looks sweet! :thumbsup:

7. Feb 7, 2011 at 5:24 PM
    06BLUEDBLSPORT

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Fort Wayne Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Well I've always been an Alpine fan. But reading up on the features and seeing the video demonstrations on youtube sold me on it, it has quick start up, a large touch screen. I know the kenwoods are equally good and so are the pioneers, i almost did buy this one kenwood but comparing the screeen quality showed the alpine had a better screen quality. Plus the alpine had easy ipod controls, it was the easiest to flip through the songs etc.

It's all about seeing it in person and playing with it and seeing if it is easy for you to use and suites your needs.

plus at this point i decided to go all out and just buy an expensive headunit that i know has great quality and wont break on me and soo far its been a great investment

8. Feb 7, 2011 at 5:26 PM
    meantaco

meantaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andres
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prerunner. Gone,but not forgotten.
    Retrofit,bull bar,hellas and color matched grill.
    how much do you like the alpine speakers , are they a big difference compare to the stock ones ?

9. Feb 7, 2011 at 5:27 PM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    Thanks, looks great!

10. Feb 7, 2011 at 5:33 PM
    06BLUEDBLSPORT

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Fort Wayne Indiana
    Vehicle:
    I like the speakers alot! they definitely are louder than stock, but i have to admit the stock speakers had better bass compared to the Alpines, thats the only thing i miss is the bass on the stock speakers, but ill soon fix that with a small sub :D

i mean the alpines do have decent bass, but i like to crank the music up loud and when they are that loud the bass is useless

11. Feb 7, 2011 at 5:33 PM
    06BLUEDBLSPORT

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Fort Wayne Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Thank you! :)
    any time, let me know if you have any more questions :thumbsup:

12. Feb 7, 2011 at 5:54 PM
    meantaco

meantaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andres
    Vehicle:
    2005 Prerunner. Gone,but not forgotten.
    Retrofit,bull bar,hellas and color matched grill.
    i bet those speakers will sound much better with an amp powering them or even better you could buy the head unit power pack! by the way what number of hids are you running?

13. Feb 7, 2011 at 6:01 PM
    06BLUEDBLSPORT

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Fort Wayne Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Yeah i was so close to buying a powerpack but my dad said wait. Ill buy one soon hopefully , if not a sub and amp. :D

as for the HID's, i was told they are 8,000K, my friend sold them to me and he got them in an unmarked box, but buy the looks of it he says they are 8,000k because of their brightness. THey also have high and low beam

14. Feb 7, 2011 at 8:03 PM
    krudawg

krudawg Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ted
    Goodyear, AZ
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner V6 SR5
    Bitchen!

15. Feb 7, 2011 at 8:38 PM
    06BLUEDBLSPORT

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Fort Wayne Indiana
    Vehicle:
    haha thanks :D

16. Feb 7, 2011 at 11:06 PM
    Mack83

Mack83 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Orlando
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD OR DCSB Silver Streak Mica
    Man, thanks for this. I'm still trying to figure out if I want to get this unit, or a couple of other, slightly cheaper models I'm looking at. It sure does look slick man, congrats.

17. Feb 7, 2011 at 11:38 PM
    06BLUEDBLSPORT

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Fort Wayne Indiana
    Vehicle:
    Haha I'm glad it helped ya
    If you have any questions feel free to ask or request in pictures. Also check out on YouTube the INA-W900 under the user name of Alpineusa I think, it's a great demonstration video

18. Feb 8, 2011 at 2:46 AM
    Mack83

Mack83 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Orlando
    Vehicle:
    2014 TRD OR DCSB Silver Streak Mica
    By the way, how does well does your dash kit fit? Looks like it fits pretty well but I'm reading all kinds of things about the different dash kits, no clear consensus.

19. Feb 8, 2011 at 9:43 AM
    Big Ed5150

Big Ed5150 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Bella Vista, Ar
    Cd player thats it
    Unit looks great...

Also to let you all know, alpine has there own dash kits they are doing for this model as well as there new 910 nav unit coming out. The kit actually forms with the angle of the nav face, so i looks flush in all vehicles. Right now alpine does have some i believe and they are adding cars later this year. We saw them at CES in vegas last month, gives a great look in the dash.

20. Mar 3, 2011 at 7:51 AM
    ILikeTacosToo

ILikeTacosToo Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    VA
    Vehicle:
    08 DC 4X4 TRD Off Road
    ARB front locker, alpine nav, image dynamics i5800, Polk audio front rear and subs, TOYTEC 3 inch coilovers wiht AAL, awesomest driver ever!
    Hey man, looks awesome. I have the same HU that I am installing myself this weekend. I have been looking over the wiring and it all makes sence with the exception of one thing. The yellow power wire and red accessory power wire that power the Bluetooth module have two connectors at the end of the wire. I can not figure out why they would have two unless there are other modules out there that you might want to tap into these lines for. I dont want to cut them off but i dont want the yellow power wire to touch ground somewhere and kill my battery over night either. Any thoughts on why they have the extra connector? stranger still is that the two connectors are one male and one female, maybe it's a perpetual motion self powering bluetooth... has alpine surpassed all others in the laws of physics?

How do you like those speakers? I ran a set of Type R's in my old truck and loved them. Decided to go with Polk Audio MM comps in the front and coax in the back with some MM 8 inch subs under the back seats.

If you are looking for a great amp for your speakers get on Amazon and go with the alpine f300... real clean power perfectly matched for your speakers and only about 130 bucks since they came out with the new line of amps.

I am going with the Image Dynamics i5800 5 channel to power my Speakers and subs... if you are looking at adding subs in the future a 5 channel is something to consider.

Thanks for all the pictures... i cant wait to get mine installed!

Products Discussed in

To Top