1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Alternate way for locker anytime?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by sdbrun1, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Jan 9, 2010 at 7:35 PM
    sdbrun1

sdbrun1 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Chippewa Falls WI
    Vehicle:
    10 Trd Off Road
    Fog light mod
    Has any one tried this on a 2010 off road yet. Tried it today and the check engine lite would come on and stay on until i unhooked the ground cable. Also the traction control stayed off and would not reset except by doing the same thing. I did work except for these two little dilemmas!

2. Jan 9, 2010 at 8:59 PM
    Chester

Chester Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nor Cal
    Vehicle:
    07 Access Cab TRD-OR M-V6 4x4
    Rear Spring TSB,Locker Mod,In bed cargo lights,Fully de-badged,TRD Seat Covers,Trailer Harness Relocation,Painted wheels,Extra tie-downs,5100's,Biceman lighting,09 stereo with sirius & isimple ipod interface,Rear diff breather mod,K&N Air Filter
    Triple check your work,you may have done something wrong.I can not speak for the 10.But Mine worked perfect.

3. Jan 9, 2010 at 9:02 PM
    Chester

Member:
    Nor Cal
    Vehicle:
    Rear Spring TSB,Locker Mod,In bed cargo lights,Fully de-badged,TRD Seat Covers,Trailer Harness Relocation,Painted wheels,Extra tie-downs,5100's,Biceman lighting,09 stereo with sirius & isimple ipod interface,Rear diff breather mod,K&N Air Filter
    Which method did you use?

4. Jan 10, 2010 at 5:50 AM
    sdbrun1

sdbrun1 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Chippewa Falls WI
    Vehicle:
    10 Trd Off Road
    Fog light mod
    It was the single wire and one switch not the relay one

5. Jan 10, 2010 at 8:41 AM
    Chester

Member:
    Nor Cal
    Vehicle:
    Well other that hooking up the wrong end of the wire,I dont think there is much you can get wrong on that style.From what I understand its only implying your truck is in 4lo,which should work in any model.I used the relay method and have never had a problem.Good luck on finding a 10 owner that has done it,you may be the first.

6. Jan 10, 2010 at 10:46 AM
    David K

David K Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Marcos, Alta California
    Vehicle:
    2010 4WD Off Road DC
    Differential Breather Mod Light Bar: 2 Hella 4000 HID, 1 Cibie Halogen. Bilstein 5100s Ride Rite Air Bags
    How about a link to the place that shows the method he is talking about? I would like to have the option of the RR Locker in H4... However, my first off road tests sure make using TRAC and A-TRAC seem like the RR Locker may no longer be needed...?

7. Jan 10, 2010 at 11:13 AM
    Chester

Member:
    Nor Cal
    Vehicle:
    The ATRAC system would take time to engage the braking system and in turn not be locked or 100% power applied to both wheels,Where as the locker mod would be on and you would not encounter loss of traction or momentum loss before the ATRAC system kicked in.So it truely depends on how you plan to use your truck and what type of wheeling you do.As far as the method he is using,To each his own but seems like a pain in the ass to trip another switch unless you are a clumsy fuck when it comes to a button on your dash.It will not engage at freeway speed and its pretty hard to miss the light on the dash.As for the link The OP should post it so we can see how he is going about this.

8. Jan 10, 2010 at 11:21 AM
    David K

David K Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Marcos, Alta California
    Vehicle:
    2010 4WD Off Road DC
    Differential Breather Mod Light Bar: 2 Hella 4000 HID, 1 Cibie Halogen. Bilstein 5100s Ride Rite Air Bags
    Agreed...

The RR Locker is used for steep, slow climbing in poor traction (off road) conditions. I have used mine often in my '01 and '05 Tacomas.

When I tested my new 2010 with A-TRAC, I didn't notice any greater amount of traction when the RR Locker was activated, over the A-TRAC. But, it is still a new Toy!

To Top