1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

alternator

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by Menametony, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Oct 9, 2009 at 10:15 AM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Thats BS....Call Corperate, or try a different dealer. Also....Consider explaining it to the Manager of the Dealer you went to.

2. Oct 9, 2009 at 10:17 AM
    fireturk41

fireturk41 I like to break shit!

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    High Point, NC
    Vehicle:
    280k miles
    SAS, Locked front rear, Ufab sliders and bumpers, air compressor, 35" BFG KM2 on steelies and 36" TSLs
    id try a different dealer, my toyota dealer here doesnt even know about the first gen frame rust recall

3. Oct 9, 2009 at 11:19 AM
    Menametony

Menametony [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Oahu
    Vehicle:
    09 Black 4x4 DC Offroad
    Flow Master 40 Series, TRD CAI, Kings 2.5 remote res front and back, All Pro Front bumper, All Pro Skid Plate, PIAA 4" 510 XT SMR, TC UCA's, 265/75/16 WildPeak AT3 on ATX Artillery, LightForce 240 Blitz HID's, WeatherTech Vents and FloorMats, Cobra 19 CB & PA, Maglite mod both driver and passenger, safari snorkel, TRD supercharger, warn 10k winch, PRINSU CabRack, Cali Raised 42" Light Bar, OEM bed mat, softtopper. WeatherTech Mudflaps On order dissent bed rack and retrofits.
    so i called another dealership.. the one i bought it from.. told them my problem.. and said that the mud/water isnt due to normal wear and tear.. i told them that i bought the "off road" version so i can take it off road.. i mean why wouldnt i... she says that when we take the truck off road... that is "intentional" wear and tear.... ahhhhhhhhhhhhh i hate the dealership!

4. Oct 9, 2009 at 3:29 PM
    fireturk41

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    High Point, NC
    Vehicle:
    280k miles
    SAS, Locked front rear, Ufab sliders and bumpers, air compressor, 35" BFG KM2 on steelies and 36" TSLs
    tell her that technicly just driving the truck around is intentional wear and tear, you use it you wear it and it tears, you didnt mean to kill your alternator but you did intend to wear (use) it. so therefore all claims would be denied ask to refund the truck for the price you want it because it is a clear misadvertisement of a warrenty, or suggest you may speak with a lawer or attorney (i get em mixed up), because you in tend to use it, you intend to wear it, however it "tore" long before it was supposed to, not even a year after you got it

5. Oct 9, 2009 at 3:30 PM
    fireturk41

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    High Point, NC
    Vehicle:
    280k miles
    give me that number, i will give them a whole diff scenario and give em hell :DDD

Products Discussed in

To Top