1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Always Blowing Air

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by printman2000, Nov 5, 2010.

1. Nov 5, 2010 at 6:31 AM
    printman2000

printman2000 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Amarillo, Tx
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab TRD
    It is gotten down to the 30's here in the mornings. I keep my truck in the garage so I do not need the heat on the way to work, but I do not want anything blowing. This will be the first cold weather since owning the truck.

It seems, though, that by default, the outside vents are open and when I am moving air is blowing in (which I do not want). Is this how it is designed?

I tried pressing the recirculate button and that fixed it, however it automatically shuts off after a minute or two so I have to keep pressing it. I then changed over to have it send the air flow to the windshield, but it still comes out the side vent.

Other than closing all the vents (which is a pain cause I need the A/C sometimes in the afternoon), is there something I can do to keep air from coming in?

2. Nov 5, 2010 at 6:51 AM
    tiger955

tiger955 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Carson City
    Vehicle:
    06 Access 4WD
    trd suspension
    I get a slight bit of air through mine also, I think it is the nature of the design. I think the easiest fix is what I do, adjust the temp control knob to midway so incoming air is about the same temp as cabin temp. That way the airflow is barely noticeable. I usually have it on the def setting and the side vent turned toward the window.

3. Nov 5, 2010 at 2:51 PM
    DDD

DDD Shine bright like a hymen

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Santa Clarita, CA
    On my 2006, if I press the recirculate button no air will come out of the vents.

Maybe your vent selector is on defog or defrost/foot vent. If that is the case the vehicle will not go into recirculate mode. And if the selector is on upper vents and recirculate, then you switch to defog it will turn off the recirculate.

Its designed that way because recirculate will not defog the windows.

4. Nov 5, 2010 at 2:55 PM
    Wile

Wile Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    08 4x4 DC TRD Offroad
    Pioneer AVH-5600BHS, ScanGauge, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Allpro Aluminum front bumper, Allpro Aluminum IFS skid plate, Allpro APEX rocksliders, Warn 9500s winch
    ^^^^^^ Yup if you hit recirc on air will flow thru truck.

5. Nov 5, 2010 at 2:56 PM
    printman2000

printman2000 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Amarillo, Tx
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab TRD
    No, it is on AC, it will only leave the recirculate button on for a minute or two if the fan is not on. Mine is a 2009.

Products Discussed in

To Top