1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Am I doing (wiring) this right? ((lights))

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by blairrad, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Dec 1, 2016 at 11:12 AM
    blairrad

blairrad [OP] Yoter

Member:
    Missouri
    It's about time I hook up some lights to my Tacoma.

After gathering information and researching, I will be wiring an accessory fuse box. I want to know if I am/will be doing this correctly before I begin.

I'll include "step" numbers to make it easier to pinpoint and correct errors.

So, I will mount the fuse box somewhere, then connect it to my battery's positive(1).
    I will ground my lights, switch, and relay(2). or do I not need a relay if I'm going to use an acc. fuse box?
    Then connect the light and the switch's positive to the relay(3).
    Then connect the relay to the fuse box(4). but wouldn't I still need an add-a-fuse here to connect to the fuse box??

edit: ORIGINALLY, I was going to ground the lights, then connect the positives to a relay. Ground the relay, and connect this to an add-a-fuse in the under-dash box. Then connect the relay to the grounded switch.
    then I was suggested to add a fuse box if I plan on adding other lights eventually, which I do, and got confused from there.

Products Discussed in

To Top