1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Am I just Really Stupid??? Coverking seat cover question

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by kingston73, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Nov 19, 2009 at 1:39 PM
    kingston73

kingston73 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    North eastern Ohio
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4.0L 4x4
    So I finally got my Costco Coverkings delivered and installed. I took the seats out to do it so I could deep clean the inside, and the seats where decently easy to do. My question is "what the hell do I do with the armrest cover?????" Looking at it, either they sent me the wrong one, there's a piece missing, or they designed it so that you can't use the inside of the armrest, which I use daily for change, paper, pens, etc. I know at least a few of you must have these, could you tell me what I'm doing wrong???

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Nov 19, 2009 at 1:41 PM
    neontrail

neontrail ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈

Member:
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2004 NISSAN XTERRA XE/SE
    De-badged, Tint 20%, Blue 48 LED dome-light, .......
  3. Nov 19, 2009 at 1:45 PM
    kingston73

Member:
    North eastern Ohio
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4.0L 4x4
    Yes to stupid, yes to designed for no access, yes to???

4. Nov 19, 2009 at 2:15 PM
    kingston73

Member:
    North eastern Ohio
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4.0L 4x4
    After F**ing with it for a while, it makes the most sense and seems to be designed to be 2 pieces, with the piece I have in my pictures wrapping around the bottom of the arm rest, and a second piece (which I do not have) wrapping around the top. Can anybody confirm this? Is this just completely wrong? Or is the top not supposed to have any cover (which doesn't make sense to me)

[​IMG][​IMG]

5. Nov 19, 2009 at 2:22 PM
    kingston73

Member:
    North eastern Ohio
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4.0L 4x4
    OK, let me try to re-explain - arm rest cover only 1 piece. Can't figure out how to install arm rest cover. Is it supposed to be only 1 piece? If so, is the top of the console either supposed to be covered and not be able to be opened, or did I install it the correct way and the top is not supposed to be covered?

6. Nov 19, 2009 at 2:40 PM
    topgun155

topgun155 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Richmond, TX
    Vehicle:
    2018 F-150 5.0
    RIP to my 08 Prerunner DC
    Yes it does look like you are missing the piece for the top might wanna make a few calls figure it out.

7. Nov 19, 2009 at 2:43 PM
    kingston73

Member:
    North eastern Ohio
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4.0L 4x4
    Yeah, I ended up calling Coverking twice, the first girl I talked to was a little useless, but I emailed them pictures and called them back, and the 2nd girl said yes, I'm missing a piece. So now they have to make me one, and send it, so it'll be another week to 9 days before I have my fully complete seat cover set.

8. Nov 19, 2009 at 2:44 PM
    topgun155

topgun155 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Richmond, TX
    Vehicle:
    2018 F-150 5.0
    RIP to my 08 Prerunner DC
    That sucks. At least you figured out this one.

9. Nov 19, 2009 at 5:48 PM
    MTgirl

MTgirl too many frogs, not enough princes... Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Weesa
    Bob's secret mod lair
    Vehicle:
    Then: 12 T4R SR5 Now: 99 - 3.4L SR5 4WD
    Wheeler's/Alcan 5-pack leaf springs, OME 881's, de-badged, Jungle Fender Flares, Herculined bed, HomerTaco grille, Anzo headlights, clear corners,
    i thought about getting similar covers for my truck but didnt - looked kind of "one size fits all" even though they claim otherwise. i ended up getting a set of GT Covers through http://www.toyotapartsstore.com/default.php?cPath=15_43 and i love them. great fit (arm rest included), well made and color is a perfect match to the interior. once they were installed i couldnt tell they werent the original upholstery. thinking maybe you should ditch the covers and try something else.

Hamer95USA likes this.
  10. Nov 20, 2009 at 4:32 AM
    kingston73

Member:
    North eastern Ohio
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 4.0L 4x4
    I'm wicked happy about the seat covers themselves, they fit like a glove and look and feel great. If it weren't for the missing piece I'd be 100%, and I don't think it was Coverking's fault. UPS beat the s**t out of the box, and it was partially opened when I got it, so I'm thinking the smallest piece just fell out somewhere on the truck. I really got no use for UPS, they're slow, don't work on saturdays, and this is the 3rd or 4th time I've gotten a box from them that looked like it was dragged behind the truck instead of inside it. I'll post pictures when I can, it's raining today and it was dark yesterday when I finally got them in. I'm sure I'll need to readjust everything in a week or so, I didn't tighten the straps down as far as possible yet and there's a couple of wrinkles that should flatten out soon. I looked at the GT covers, looked good but expensive. This full front set from Costco was only $190 total and only took about 8 days from the day I ordered. Comes with everything (as long as UPS doesn't lose a piece) and you can see in the pictures the armrest will be fully functional after you put on the neoprene. I almost went with the leatherette, I think it would look a little better and feel a little better, but it would have been at least $60 more, and I don't think it would be $60 better.

Products Discussed in

To Top