1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Am I nuts or what

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Rizzo, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Mar 27, 2008 at 6:21 PM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    i get over 20 but my average mileage is under.

as far as gas prices go, what we do in iraq in the next few years will determine what prices do. it could continue to go up and up and up...

2. Mar 27, 2008 at 6:30 PM
    mowey01

mowey01 Member

Member:
    Altoona, PA
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Off-Road Silver
    AVS vent visors, Extang Fulltilt bed cover
    I got my 08 dbl cab short bed TRD off-road package with tow pack and auto trans. 3 weeks ago.
    With the off road, tow pack, and 6 disc in dash premium sound it was $30000 before the $1000 rebate.
    I traded in a 04 Power stroke 250 xtend cab. The milage is about the same as the diesel around town, but the fuel is $1.00 a galon cheaper:)
    The power is great and it rides like a car!!
    I sometimes pull a 102" wide by 14 ft. long trailer with a couple of snow blowers or lawn tractors on it around town for pick up and deliveries and don't really know its back there on the hills.
    I am in Altoona, Pa which is about the same terrain as Pittsburgh.
    I am currently getting about 14.5 mpg with this winter blend gas and cold weather in 70% city and 30% high way driving.

3. Mar 27, 2008 at 7:51 PM
    WilsonTheDog

WilsonTheDog Kylie's dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5 DC/SB V6
    Magnaflow 12576 muffler & chrome tip, Westin step bars, 27% tint, Pop N Lock, AFE ProdryS, bed mat, Husky liners, D-rings added, Access Literider tonneau, Pioneer 4-ways all around, GY Wrangler Duratracs 265/75/16, 5100's @ 1.75", 1.5" AAL
    Honestly, Iraq really isn't the problem. We get 0% of our oil from them. China and India are the bigger problem as they're just eating up more and more oil every year. Oil is a traded commodity but nobody complained when we paid $.77 a gallon in the late 90's. Same with the housing situation. Nobody complained when they were buying houses at a steal and mortgage rates were 4% then they made a killing off of them when values skyrocketed. Now everybody bitches because values are down again. The markets always correct and oil will do the same thing housing has, it will go down in value again.

4. Mar 27, 2008 at 8:23 PM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    i use to think the same thing but then i read a very interesting letter written by a retired military advisor about how retreating from Iraq will upset the balance of power blah blah blah no oil from teh middle east anymore blah blah blah. its really intersting but i'm bad at repeating stuff i read. i'll post the letter or pm it to you or something next week. its a good read. i'd do it now but its on my work computer and i'm done for the week and wont be back till monday. i hope you're right though. remind me to send it to you, its very enlightening. later Wilson

5. Mar 27, 2008 at 8:33 PM
    WilsonTheDog

WilsonTheDog Kylie's dad

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Myrtle Beach SC
    Vehicle:
    07 Prerunner SR5 DC/SB V6
    Magnaflow 12576 muffler & chrome tip, Westin step bars, 27% tint, Pop N Lock, AFE ProdryS, bed mat, Husky liners, D-rings added, Access Literider tonneau, Pioneer 4-ways all around, GY Wrangler Duratracs 265/75/16, 5100's @ 1.75", 1.5" AAL
    ^I see what you're saying now: whether or not we pull out. Makes sense. Yeah, send it when you get a chance.

Products Discussed in

To Top