1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Amazon - 30% off Pioneer Products

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Chad, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Jul 30, 2010 at 6:41 PM
    Chad

Chad [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    09 V6 Access Cab TRD Sport
    Kenwood DMX-7704S Headunit -- Blackvue DR-470 Dashcam -- Pioneer TS-A1685R Speakers in Front -- Suntek CXP 40 Front Tint -- Access Vanish Roll-up Tonneau -- Wet Okole Seat Covers -- Fog Lights on Anytime -- PnL Powered Tailgate Lock -- DTRL "Stealth Mode" -- LED Footwell and Cup Holder Lights -- Map Lights ON with Dome Light -- Shorty Antenna -- AC Line Extension Mod -- Access Cab Rear Headrest Removal
    Yeah they have to be "sold and shipped by Amazon.com" to qualify for the discount. They also have to be in stock also. Refer to the link on the first post for a list of qualifying items.

2. Jul 30, 2010 at 7:56 PM
    trdracing5

trdracing5 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2003 Tacoma SR5
  3. Jul 30, 2010 at 8:16 PM
    Chad

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    Kenwood DMX-7704S Headunit -- Blackvue DR-470 Dashcam -- Pioneer TS-A1685R Speakers in Front -- Suntek CXP 40 Front Tint -- Access Vanish Roll-up Tonneau -- Wet Okole Seat Covers -- Fog Lights on Anytime -- PnL Powered Tailgate Lock -- DTRL "Stealth Mode" -- LED Footwell and Cup Holder Lights -- Map Lights ON with Dome Light -- Shorty Antenna -- AC Line Extension Mod -- Access Cab Rear Headrest Removal
  4. Jul 31, 2010 at 5:52 AM
    trdracing5

trdracing5 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2003 Tacoma SR5
    I really don't have any true plans for the amp. I just couldn't pass up a GREAT deal! I am sure it will find its way in one of my vehicles.

5. Jul 31, 2010 at 8:14 PM
    Madtown Taco

Madtown Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Sport SR5 DC LB 4x4
    Gun Metal FJ Cruiser TRD Wheels, Black Head Lights, I-pod Patch Cable for Stock Head Unit, In-Cab 115V outlets, Aries Bull Bar, 12V outlets in Bed, Snug Top Super Sport Topper, Hard-Wired Valentine 1 Radar Detector, Disabled Automatic Air Conditioning for Windshield Vent Setting, Additional D-Rings in Bed, 12-Volt Pop-N-Lock Solenoid in Tailgate Handle, TRD Front Seat Covers, WeatherTech Floor Mats
    So....there I was minding my own business, sitting with about a grand in my "play" money account, waiting to pull the trigger on the 3" Old Man Emu lift and some new UCAs, when I actually did the math on some of the deals this Amazon code could provide. Now granted, I had always wanted a touch screen in my ride, but the last time I looked at technology like this a few years back, the deck alone was about a thousand bucks, which was more than I was willing to pay.

So, long story short, I'm about $625 lighter and awaiting some sweet gear. Here's the break down of my order:

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]1[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]"SCOSCHE TA02B Wiring Harness for 1987 and up Toyota"[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [SIZE=-1][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]Electronics; $7.00[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC [/FONT][/SIZE][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]1[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]"Sylvania 9003 XV BP TWIN XtraVision Halogen Headlight - Pack of 2"[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [SIZE=-1][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]Automotive; $16.50[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC [/FONT][/SIZE][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]1[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]"Scosche 010TA2053B 2005-UpToyota Tacoma Double DIN Kit Color Matched (Silver)"[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [SIZE=-1][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]Electronics; $28.75[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC [/FONT][/SIZE][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]1[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]"PAC SWI-PS Sony and Pioneer Steering Wheel Radio Control Interface"[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [SIZE=-1][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]Automotive; $39.64[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC [/FONT][/SIZE]
    [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]1[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]"PIONEER GEX-P20HD - HD TUNER FOR HD READY PIONEER HEADUNITS"[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [SIZE=-1][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]Electronics; $95.00[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC [/FONT][/SIZE][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]1[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]"Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD In-Dash Double-DIN DVD Multimedia AV Receiver"[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [SIZE=-1][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]Electronics; $495.00[/FONT][/SIZE]

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]1[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]"Pioneer ND-BC4 Universal Rear View Camera"[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [SIZE=-1][FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]Electronics; $195.00[/FONT][/SIZE]

So, needless to say, I went for it. All these gadgets should hold me for a while. I'm stoked for the SD card option. It should pretty much make my iPod unnecessary to have in the truck anymore, which will give me piece of mind when I go to a movie or something. Now I just need to devise a dummy stereo face to cover up the touchscreen and make it look factory when not in use.

I had a couple of weird experiences on the Amazon's website over the afternoon. I know the model 4200 was out of stock, but it still let me purchase it, informing me it will ship when it is in stock. I'm OK with that, as it still honored the promo code. Also, for whatever reason, from my multiple trips in and out of my Amazon shopping cart & checkout page while researching and adding items, it applied a portion of the promo code again, or an additional code of some sort, giving me more money off the purchase price than it should have. Hopefully this will pan out...we'll see.

All in all, thanks for the code. It threw a wrench in the order of my build plans for the truck, but sometimes you have to strike when the iron is hot, and in this case, it was tough to pass up those prices. Thanks guys.

6. Jul 31, 2010 at 9:56 PM
    jdkeller

jdkeller How many words can be fit in this s

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    Yea if you add an additional pioneer item like the remote, you get another 10% off!

7. Jul 31, 2010 at 10:23 PM
    jdkeller

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    Figured it out!

8. Jul 31, 2010 at 11:05 PM
    jdkeller

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    Very confused on all of this. I don't plan on ever running an aftermarket amp. I'm not radio inclined. Is there an amp built into a double din? I just bought the 4200DVD. I just want everything to work. I DO have the jbl upgrade. So do I use that expensive metra harness or the normal $7 one? Thanks People!

9. Jul 31, 2010 at 11:12 PM
    jdkeller

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    Also, does anyone know what bluetooth adaptor I need?

10. Aug 1, 2010 at 11:24 AM
    Chad

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    I can't help you much on the JBL deal, apparently there is some extra adapter you have to buy. Hopefully someone chimes in.

As for the steering wheel control, you can get the PAC SWI-PS device for like $40 at Amazon. With that you can customize your buttons to any of the available options.

11. Aug 1, 2010 at 11:28 AM
    hoeflich

hoeflich Its all mod on the inside

Member:
    florida
    Vehicle:
    96 3.4L 4X4
    Stuff
  12. Aug 1, 2010 at 11:41 AM
    jdkeller

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    Thanks guys. As for the dash kit I am getting the metra grey. Heard good things about it. I guess the scoche doesn't math perfectly and it rattles.

13. Aug 1, 2010 at 12:22 PM
    Chad

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    I think the Bluetooth adapter was part of the 30% off deal.

Also I thought you had said steering wheel not Bluetooth controls in that post above... my bad lol.

14. Aug 1, 2010 at 1:57 PM
    jdkeller

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    I kept trying the Bluetooth but there was none directly through Amazon.

15. Aug 1, 2010 at 9:45 PM
    m3zy6

m3zy6 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    '17 TRDSport AC 6spd 4x4
    Awesome deal! Thanks!

Just ordered a AVH-P4200DVD and a ND-BC4 for $414 out the door, so nice.

I played with different bundle ideas a few days ago and it still showed the promo discount in my cart today, so I'm not sure if I just got lucky, or if the code still works.

16. Aug 1, 2010 at 10:24 PM
    memario1214

memario1214 Hotshot Offroad Moderator Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Colton
    Missoula, MT
    Vehicle:
    SOLD - 05 Dub Cab TRD Sport 4x4, CURRENT - '21 Tundra MGM Limited
    Just got mine all installed! Will post pictures when I can get to it. Very excited!

17. Aug 2, 2010 at 4:15 AM
    Chad

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Cary, NC
    Vehicle:
    Congrats!

I'm doing phase 2 of the install this afternoon. I already took out all the stock components and now i need to connect all adapters and cables and wire bluetooth mic and gps antennas.

18. Aug 2, 2010 at 1:42 PM
    taco084gb

taco084gb No matter where you go there you are.

Member:
    First Name:
    Galen
    NorCal
    YAHOO just had UPS bring some stuff. Pioneer back up camera,steering wheel control module and Crutchfield face plate adapter and wiring harness.
    Just waiting on head unit now.:popcorn:

Just recieved the rest of it this morning. Now need a good wknd to install it. Hope it isnt to hard to do. Have a lot of things to hook up and have never installed my own stereo components.

19. Aug 2, 2010 at 10:33 PM
    Madtown Taco

Madtown Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Sport SR5 DC LB 4x4
    Gun Metal FJ Cruiser TRD Wheels, Black Head Lights, I-pod Patch Cable for Stock Head Unit, In-Cab 115V outlets, Aries Bull Bar, 12V outlets in Bed, Snug Top Super Sport Topper, Hard-Wired Valentine 1 Radar Detector, Disabled Automatic Air Conditioning for Windshield Vent Setting, Additional D-Rings in Bed, 12-Volt Pop-N-Lock Solenoid in Tailgate Handle, TRD Front Seat Covers, WeatherTech Floor Mats
    Tell me more of this "Crutchfield face plate adapter" you speak of....is this required for the install?

20. Aug 3, 2010 at 6:29 AM
    m3zy6

m3zy6 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    '17 TRDSport AC 6spd 4x4
To Top