1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Amazon Light Bars

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by schecter517, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Dec 1, 2017 at 5:17 AM
    Gasturbine

Gasturbine Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Central Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2011 Regular Cab 2.7l 5-speed 4WD
    32" BFG KO tires on MT rims, Front lifted 2", N-Fab 12,000lb front pull point w/10,000lb red clevis, mud flap delete, tail pipe delete, 20" LED light bar, 2 Hella 500s, N-Fab light bar mount, tinted windows.
    Sorry man, I disagree. Blinding people a half mile away is too much, and the law says a max of 55 watts anyway.

Only a 20".

2. Dec 1, 2017 at 8:50 AM
    paranoid56

paranoid56 Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    14 double cab taco
    not really, in his context hes talking about them as a AUX light. so hes correct, you cant have to bright of light. now if you are talking about headlights then yes, law says 55w max

TacomaKing11 and westpalmdoc like this.
  3. Dec 1, 2017 at 11:08 AM
    Gasturbine

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Central Ohio
    Vehicle:
    32" BFG KO tires on MT rims, Front lifted 2", N-Fab 12,000lb front pull point w/10,000lb red clevis, mud flap delete, tail pipe delete, 20" LED light bar, 2 Hella 500s, N-Fab light bar mount, tinted windows.
    The poster said he wired his light bar to his bright light circuit, and uses them while on the road, potentially breaking 2 laws...more than 4 lights on, and surpassing the max on-street wattage limits.

4. Dec 1, 2017 at 12:20 PM
    TacomaKing11

TacomaKing11 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathon
    Western KY
    Vehicle:
    ‘11 Reg. cab Tacoma 4x4
    Yukon 4.88, ATH Bumper, Smittybilt 10k X2O, Rigid Radiance, 285/70R17 Ridge Grapplers, 17x9 Pro Comp 7031, OME 886 coils, OME dakar leaf springs, Bilstein 5100s, BAKflip bedcover
    Kentucky law doesn’t limit the number of lights I can use. And like I said, I only use my high beams if I’m off road or “ALONE” on the road. Meaning, if I see head / tail lights in front of me, my low beams are on. So no laws broken. I’ve actually lit up a few parked cop cars on the interstate with no problem.

It’s funny, earlier you posted this bragging about your Amazon bar but in your information you claim it’s a Rigid. You also answered my question of, “What kind of Rigid bar do you have” with
    So which is it?

5. Dec 1, 2017 at 12:24 PM
    Red Baron

Red Baron Let's call it livabetes, no more die

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Lost on a roundabout
    Vehicle:
    07 Radiant Red DCSB
    Things with metal, dog hair, more metal and lights
    I got the niilight brand off Amazon, was a kit that had 2 pods and a 20" bar and are still working great (gave them to other people when I changed) ran them for about 2 years with out any issues iirc it was about $100

6. Dec 1, 2017 at 1:36 PM
    paranoid56

paranoid56 Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    14 double cab taco
    well these just came in for a customer :D soo nice and bright.
    BDlights1.jpg

Crgrey42 and TacomaKing11 like this.
  7. Dec 3, 2017 at 8:50 AM
    Gasturbine

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Central Ohio
    Vehicle:
    Are you sure? It may be federal law.

Federal DOT law says you cant have a headlamp operating on the road thats over 55 watts. If any of your lights are over 55 watts, and you turn them on at anytime on-road, you are in violation.

I had a Rigid, and it was stolen. I replaced it with an Amazon bar.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  8. Dec 5, 2017 at 12:16 PM
    pescadoman66

pescadoman66 Pescadoman66

Member:
    First Name:
    CJ
    Livermore, CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD OR 4X4 Pro Wannabee Stormtrooper
    Tacoma Pro Front Grille Tailgate Letters Console Organizer Clazzio Seat Covers TRD front Grille Emblem Westin Drop Steps Front Widow Tint Tow Strap LED lights Sunshade Prinsu Rack BackFlip Cover rack accessories crutchfield speakers Front Tweeter speakers Tuffy box sound deadening mat Westin LED light bar Led switch Light bar bracket TRD Pro Tail lights TRD Pro Wheels BF Goodrich KO2 tires from America's Tire Old Man Emu Lift Coils - Coil Selection: 2887 Bilstein 5160 Rear Shock with Reservoir Bilstein 5100 Adjustable Front Struts HeadStrong 3 leaf progressive Add-a-leafs JBA UCA's Low Range OFF-Road 1.25" Cast aluminum blocks in the rear
    Picked up a 40" Westin Lightbar on Amazon for $179.46. I have a Prinsu Rack so I needed and wanted a Single Row of Lights instead of a Dual Row to keep the low profile look and to keep it below the bars above. I installed it today up on the rack to get an idea of how it looks. My only complaint it the wiring harness as it will need some bit of modification to it to make it work so it will fit in the channel on the side of the window. I am not sure if any wiring harness is perfect but I am so I'm going to have to make it perfect as well. I hate being anal but I guess being a Virgo is part of my virtue and drive my wife a bit nuts too. I have heard so many people say that they have had their lightbar stolen so I did not want to go high end but also I was wondering what I could do a bit better to make sure this does not happen to me as well. One other thing I wanted to do was install a Cali-Raised bolt on Relay holder but unfortunately I have a manual Transmission which does not allow me to install this as I have a brake fluid reservoir where this is to be bolted.... real big bummer there. Anyway I will keep you all posted on the install...

Batman!, outxider and paranoid56 like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top