1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

American Chopper: Sr Vs. Jr, Anyone going to watch this?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by BakoTruck, Aug 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aug 10, 2010 at 6:07 AM
    wiscdave

wiscdave Lets Do It!

Member:
    Northern Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    Tundra Rock Warrior
    Past ride - 3" OME 885s&Shocks/ TSB 1.5AAL/ AX184 Rims 285 Firestone destination ATs/ 2 Shallow mount P310s in Supercrew Box - Punch 601s, Beefed up Hunter Brush guard, Tint, Fog light mod, AFE Drop in, AC and Fog light mods, scangauge
  2. Aug 10, 2010 at 6:14 AM
    Paul's TRD

Paul's TRD I'm Not Your F***ing Brother

Member:
    TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 Z71 4x4 5.3L V8
    I'll watch in the hopes that Jr. builds his bikes much like they first did when they started and not on some autocad program. Don't get me wrong autocad is sweet, but I like the old approach to building bikes and the last bikes that they were building were pretty shitty in my honest opinion. Just seemed like plain ole expensive choppers. Maybe, since choppers aren't all that popular as they used to be, he'll take the bobber and bagger approach and build some real functional bikes, well at least the baggers. Bobbers are just bar hopping bikes. I'm building on myself now, so i can hop bars.:)

3. Aug 10, 2010 at 6:30 AM
    JeffRock

JeffRock Well-Known Member

Member:
    Capital region, NY
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma accesscab 4x4 SR5 2.7L
    Toyota all weather floor mats. Mag light that clunks around in the jack compartment. Dog hair. Dog drool on the windows.
    I wont watch.
    I think one of the things that pisses Sr. off is HE was the guy who started it all. busting his ass in a pickup truck building railings years ago. turning that into a steel business, is he an ass? sure, but come to NY and see how many people you think are nice here.(especially that close to NYC.) Is Jr. A prima-donna? Absolutely. He can be seen in earlier shows dissing his old man saying "I'm the talent, without me He (SR.) has nothing". If i busted my ass for years, And built the company from a pickup truck and heard my kid saying this crap. i'd knock his ass out!

4. Aug 10, 2010 at 6:43 AM
    NraFan

NraFan Join the NRA! Protect your freedom!

Member:
    First Name:
    JT
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2011 Sienna LE, rockin the mini van!
    Power sliding doors baby! WooHoo!
    I will watch a couple episodes to see how it goes. I just like to watch these shows for the stuff they build. Thats why I record them. So I can fast forward through all the BS.

5. Aug 10, 2010 at 6:48 AM
    neontrail

neontrail ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈ ✈

Member:
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2004 NISSAN XTERRA XE/SE
    De-badged, Tint 20%, Blue 48 LED dome-light, .......
    Are you sure Cody is coming back too??? Cody kicks ass!

6. Aug 10, 2010 at 1:00 PM
    BakoTruck

BakoTruck [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Bakersfield, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner TRD
    No I'm not 100% sure "neontrail".
    I did read that off an online article about the show coming back, they said he was. I don't know how reliable they are and where they got their source.

I know that after Vinnie left, he started his own bike shop and hired Cody to work for him.
    So maybe Vinnie brought him over to work with them.
    I'm not sure how well that company is doing or did, maybe they had to close the doors because of the crappy times? And that's why Vinnie is working for Jr. now?

7. Aug 11, 2010 at 1:45 PM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    looks fake and stupid to me. they fought bitterly and left on horrible terms, they are suing each other in court and haven't spoken to each other in years and now they are co staring on the same reality tv show? i dont think so. they (Sr. and Jr.) are just trying to keep their cash cow from dying. after their show got canceled, they realized, hey, you know what? in hte worst recession since the great depression nobody wants to pay insane amounts of money for ridiculous choppers. i think they are now trying to correct their mistake and are doing whatever it takes to keep that cash rollin in. they took a good thing and ruined it and now realize there is nothing else they can do that will make them that famous and rich, and they are holding on for dear life.

8. Aug 11, 2010 at 2:08 PM
    topgun155

topgun155 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Richmond, TX
    Vehicle:
    2018 F-150 5.0
    RIP to my 08 Prerunner DC
    Personally I think Jr. has the talent to build the cool bikes. But he doesn't seem to have good business skills or work ethic. Sr. knows how to run a good business, but isn't the designer. I think they would be better off building the theme choppers like in the begining. Right now they just build the same bike put a neat paint job on it and maybe add a few custom parts here and there. I agree though that they have figured out that without a show they can't keep making the big money and have to keep it going.

9. Aug 11, 2010 at 2:10 PM
    OH-MAN

OH-MAN Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Sunny Az.
    Vehicle:
    10 4X4 O.R. White
    TRD skid painted black,
    Ahh, no

10. Aug 11, 2010 at 2:18 PM
    johnw

johnw Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    john
    orlando florida
    Vehicle:
    06 prerunner v-6 4.0L 4 door
    well you asked for specs..... 06 trd sport speedway blue 5.3l v8 4.0 camburg lift spindles extended travel icons total chaos lowers allpro 4" leaf pack 17" xd hoss rims 37/12.5/17 mickey thompson baja atz Allpro hybrid bumper grill craft grill wicked flow muffler inside i have..... wet okole real tree camo seat cover blue oznium dome light stealth sub box with 2 10" kicker comp subs kicker 400 watt amp weathertech floor mats
    i like how everybody thinks this fight between them is fake when it isnt.

11. Aug 11, 2010 at 2:28 PM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    i'm sure the fight between them is as real as it can be, but there is no way this show got organized without them getting together and reaching some kind of agreement or arrangement. even if they still hate each other, they still know they are a package deal, and neither of them will be as successful alone as they could be together.

12. Aug 11, 2010 at 2:33 PM
    steve o 77

steve o 77 braaap

Member:
    First Name:
    Steven
    In a corn field, OH
    Vehicle:
    1990 Chevy Siveraydo
    245k+ miles, rust, working AC, bald eagles
  13. Aug 11, 2010 at 2:52 PM
    MOT

MOT Prez of @BattleBornToyotas

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 DB DC 4X4 Sr5 Sport
    Black Housing Head, Custom Retro fit, T-Rex #2 Eyelids 50 inch ToughLight Radius Bar and 2 20 inch Bars behind grill with BAMF mount, T-Rex #2 Eyelids, Custom Vegas Dezert Fab Front Bumper and Rock Sliders,Wet Okole's, WeatherTech Mats, Magnaflow Exhaust, Pro Comp 6 InchStage 2 Lift, K&N Intake,
    Cant wait to watch this tomorrow! I just feel that they really need to cut the bullshit life is to short to be pissed at your family! Should be some good TV! Paul Sr. is a jerk off IMO!

14. Aug 11, 2010 at 2:57 PM
    MOT

MOT Prez of @BattleBornToyotas

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    08 DB DC 4X4 Sr5 Sport
    Black Housing Head, Custom Retro fit, T-Rex #2 Eyelids 50 inch ToughLight Radius Bar and 2 20 inch Bars behind grill with BAMF mount, T-Rex #2 Eyelids, Custom Vegas Dezert Fab Front Bumper and Rock Sliders,Wet Okole's, WeatherTech Mats, Magnaflow Exhaust, Pro Comp 6 InchStage 2 Lift, K&N Intake,
  15. Aug 11, 2010 at 4:23 PM
    MattN03

MattN03 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Bluegrass State
    Vehicle:
    SOLD: 07 DC 4x4 TRD Off-Road
    20% window tint, beep mod, hardwired V1, TSB springs, AVS Bugshield-21803, USA Spec PA15, OEM Tacoma scuff plates, Weathertech mats, Truxedo LoPro, TRD skid, GY Duratrac's 265/75/16 C Range, locker mod (switch method)
    I used to watch it, but got tired of seeing Sr. & Jr. at each others throats. Pretty sad if you ask me, even if half of it was staged.

16. Aug 11, 2010 at 4:25 PM
    ST77

ST77 Wandering doesn't mean you're lost

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Sandy, Or
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD OR DCSB
    Bone Stock
    Jr. has Vinnie & Nub back... Hell yeah!!

17. Aug 11, 2010 at 4:41 PM
    BakoTruck

BakoTruck [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Bakersfield, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner TRD
    I don't think it's staged or any of the fighting is fake. You can really see and hear the built up aggression of the fights, and it just doesn't seem like they are acting to me.

But I will say that having the cameras there, could certainly add some friction to it, and always working together.

I don't mind seeing a few fights, it makes the show interesting. But the fights eventually turned into fights about nothing, and they were fighting just to fight. And that I didn't like at all.

I certainly hope they can patch things up, but I wouldn't recommend putting any money on it!

18. Aug 11, 2010 at 5:59 PM
    Lane Cypert

Lane Cypert Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lewisville, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2008 silver prerunner double cab TRD
    I will watch it just because it is Summer and there isn't jack on TV during the week other than Rangers baseball! The only good night for TV these days is Sunday night HBO and Mad Men! I am ready for fall TV to start back up!

19. Aug 11, 2010 at 6:03 PM
    Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Rocklin, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2001 prerunner doublecab limited
    2001 with; cat-back side-swept twin exhaust, elbow mod, Westin bullbar with Hella 450 driving lights, Snugtop XTR camper shell, TRD off-road 2x4-black beauty.
    aint it the truth...TV now is almost punishment!...the punishment being you gotta pay for that sh*t!

20. Aug 11, 2010 at 6:05 PM
    HondaGM

HondaGM CallSign Monke

Member:
    First Name:
    James
    South-Pole, Alabama
    Vehicle:
    2023 access cab V6
    yeap,cant wait:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.