1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

American Tonneau Review

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by gupster88, May 4, 2013.

1. May 4, 2013 at 7:51 PM
    gupster88

gupster88 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Vehicle:
    2021 Cement Grey Off Road
    Stock
    Ok so after a month of searching, asking folks on here, and flip flopping between a hard or soft tri-fold tonneau, I finally went with the American Tonneau soft tri-fold. What drew me to it was price, made in US and A, and reviews. I also liked the utility track system it came with. I took some pics, can't promise they all are helpful but it is the best I could do.

Installing the track system was a PITA. It took a lot of minor adjusting to find the right spot for the clamps. However, I highly recommend this package for anyone. It makes the tonneau secure better to the truck bed and easier. I did use the washer mod to help ease the time and distance to tighten the rear clamps.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Once the utility track system was installed it was just a matter of clamping it down and going. What I LOVE about the American Tonneau is the strips of rubber tubing on the front and rear of the tonneau. It seals the gaps, especially near the cab so so well.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Overall, I would recommend this if you are looking for a cheap yet well-made tonneau!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    null_zpsadd1c13f_a413e628834f28bb3d3d247a708945800d9dff89.jpg

2. Jun 9, 2013 at 5:16 PM
    TacoSteve612

TacoSteve612 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Bel Air, MD
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma TRD 4x4
    2 inch lift Volant intake
    i just want to say thank u for posting this little review and with pics! i have been tossing up the idea of getting a tonneau cover and after this weekends trip to our cabin in WVA, i am finally deciding to buy one. wasnt sure which tri-fold to get but u definitely sold me on this one :)

Products Discussed in

To Top