1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

An embarrassing moment for a Father

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by 84Hilux, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Dec 1, 2010 at 12:44 AM
    84Hilux

84Hilux [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Vancouver, Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 Access Cab V6 4X4
    Stock Fog Lights, Camera Mirror, Arrow Canopy, Lighted 4x4switch, Weathertech Mats (Black), Wet Okoles- Black/Charcoal, Alpine CDA117 Headunit/ Alpine PDX4150 Amp/Alpine PDX M6 Amp/ Hybrid Legatia SE Components/ JL 10W6V2 Subwoofer/ Prototype MR Marv Sub Enclosure
    My friend is a millwright and works in a tire recycling facility, but does not have much experience working on his own vehicles. He asked if he could sit in and watch as I replaced the brake rotors on my girlfriend's Honda Civic.

Anyway, my friend and his 7 year old son showed up and I went through a step by step explanation as I changed the rotors and bled the brakes. When we finished, I threw the lug wrench to my buddy and told him to go ahead and put on the wheels.

At this point his son freaks out and cries, "Oh no!! Somebody gave my Dad a tool- we are all done for!!". Then he said, "Please, take it away he really doesn't know what he is doing!!". My friend blushed bright red (Hard for a guy from Barbados) and sheepishly put the wheels on the car.

I withheld my laughter until after they had left... and then double checked the lug nuts!! :D

2. Dec 1, 2010 at 12:59 AM
    WhatThePho?

WhatThePho? Greg Graffin 2016

Member:
    First Name:
    Andre
    HCMC, VN
    Vehicle:
    2006 STi
    The things required to pull bitches
    Wait you're saying a Millwright who's son admits his dad is horrible with tools. Even worse a Millwright whose horrible with tools? What does he do at the Tire facility?

3. Dec 1, 2010 at 1:01 AM
    97T

97T Resident T100 guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Melt
    Littleton, CO
    Vehicle:
    97 T100 xcab 5spd 2wd
    soundstream 550.2 amp, 2 eclipse 10" subs, 4% tint rear window, 20% sides, 6" sunstrip, clear bumper lenses, avital 4103 alarm with keyless, BF Goodrich Rugged Terrain T/A 235/75/15, 15X7 6-5.5 0C Unique 298 rims
    unless your friend is tim taylor, his son either likes to piss his dad off, or needs a smack upside the head.

4. Dec 1, 2010 at 1:15 AM
    acmair

acmair Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Vehicle:
    '10 BSP PreRunner Dbl Cab Short Bed SR5
    X2

5. Dec 1, 2010 at 10:35 AM
    mntbiker2008

mntbiker2008 First I derp.. then I herp

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Cincinnati, OH
    Vehicle:
    93 Pick up 4x4 (sold), 10' Mazda 3
    :rofl: thats funnier than hell!

6. Dec 2, 2010 at 6:14 AM
    84Hilux

84Hilux [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Vancouver, Canada
    Vehicle:
    09 SR5 Access Cab V6 4X4
    Stock Fog Lights, Camera Mirror, Arrow Canopy, Lighted 4x4switch, Weathertech Mats (Black), Wet Okoles- Black/Charcoal, Alpine CDA117 Headunit/ Alpine PDX4150 Amp/Alpine PDX M6 Amp/ Hybrid Legatia SE Components/ JL 10W6V2 Subwoofer/ Prototype MR Marv Sub Enclosure
    Yeah, I figured a millwright ought to be able to at least put on a set of tires. BTW they were OK when I checked them.

I think his son was alarmed because of his father's complete lack of ability to put together IKEA furniture. I have had to go over and reassemble several beds that were not really safe to lie on!

Incidentally- the son does not have a problem with tools. At age 4 he took apart the family computer after he had seen me building a system. When his parents found out they freaked- and then watched in amazement when he calmly put it back together!

Products Discussed in

To Top