1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

and thus i begin the process of intentionally overdosing...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by gupster88, Oct 18, 2009.

1. Oct 19, 2009 at 5:41 PM
    magikbean562

magikbean562 once flirted with danger, danger got clingy

Member:
    First Name:
    greg
    socal
    Vehicle:
    pinto
    33" mudders
    this^

2. Oct 19, 2009 at 5:43 PM
    06BLUEDBLSPORT

06BLUEDBLSPORT Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Fort Wayne Indiana
    Vehicle:
    12 Tundra DC SR5 4x4 5.7L
    True Dual Flowmaster 40 Series exhaust, Volant CAI, HIDs, Raptor series Side Steps, Weathertech Floorliners, OME 613 Shocks and Coils with Diff Drop, Rear Bilstein 5100 Shocks, ToyTec AAL, Fearless Fabrication Front Bumper
    That sucks man, hope it all goes well for ya

3. Oct 19, 2009 at 6:01 PM
    gupster88

gupster88 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Vehicle:
    2021 Cement Grey Off Road
    Stock
    dr said it was fairly large but he was able to remove it all.

i did this because my dr felt i had enough "symptoms" (ill leave it at that) to warrant a colonoscopy especially since it runs in the men in my family. it turns out it was a good thing i did this, they only found one pollup so its been removed now just waiting on the test results.

thanks for all your kind words guys, chances are the test will come back fine, but im still worried, "what if"...

4. Oct 19, 2009 at 6:02 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Glad to hear its over, Buddy :eek:

5. Oct 19, 2009 at 8:45 PM
    SC4333

SC4333 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Grant
    FL
    Vehicle:
    SOLD - 2016 TRD Off-Road 4x4 DCSB
    Its good to hear he was able to remove it all but, I wouldn't worry your self about it. Live you life like you normal would and it enjoy it to the fullest. Worrying about what could happen can only cause you more grief. :thumbsup:

6. Oct 19, 2009 at 8:51 PM
    gupster88

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Vehicle:
    Stock
    thanks, chances are its ok since there was only one polyp (i looked up the word to spell it right). but he said if i would have waited till i was 40 to get my scheduled colonoscopy while ignoring my symptoms, i wouldve been and i quote "just another stat on the colon cancer death rate". so im glad i got it checked.

im trying not to worry about it but its hard not to. like i said the chances are good its just a polyp and no cancer since i caught it early and im young. but you still gotta think though

7. Oct 20, 2009 at 6:21 AM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    It should only be a few days until you get the results, right? Then don't worry... the time to worry is if it comes back that nasty "C" word.

IT's just a polyp, it's just a polyp, it's JUST a polyp :D

8. Oct 20, 2009 at 7:02 AM
    T@co_Pr3runn3r

T@co_Pr3runn3r XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Member:
    <----------------->
    Vehicle:
    08 RC Prerunner SR5
    Virtual colonoscopy or none for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! C,mon, it's the 21st century, see with your eyes not your hands!

9. Oct 20, 2009 at 7:21 AM
    ph16drive

ph16drive \m/.....\m/

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Clevelandish
    Vehicle:
    08 DC, V6, 4x4, 5-Speed Auto
    Shorty antenna, Pop-&-Lock tailgate lock, Undercover bed cover, Aeroforce Interceptor gauge (custom mount), bed mat, AFE Pro Dry S air filter, map light mod, suspension TSB, Billy 5100's all around, Eibach springs, custom fuel tank armor plate, custom cat armor plate, painted front brake calipers, Grillcraft MX upper grill & Hella 500s, ipod adapter, dash pushbutton garage door opener, aux reverse lights, custom ipod nano 4G mount, seatbelt chime mod, custom bull bar w/ (3) Lightforce 140 Lance lights, POR-15 Chassis Coat Black drivetrain, illum 4x4 switch, xtra bed D-rings mod, locker anytime mod, diff breather relocation mod, ABS disable switch mod, Heated seats
    Every time I've done it there was this 2-1/2 gallon of fluid that had to be drank in like an hour the night before. It sucked. The bright side is once they give you the Vicodin or Demerol, you won't care what happens and, you get to eat like hell afterwards.

My last time, there was a nurse (prepping me) who knew my wife and was asking me how she was doing and the family. I was so embarassed and just counting the seconds till the Vicodin/demerol.

Hope all works out for ya.

10. Oct 20, 2009 at 9:24 AM
    ImpulseRed008

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    Those are fine if they don't find anything... If they find something, they will still have to go in to get it out :eek:

11. Oct 20, 2009 at 11:53 AM
    gupster88

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Vehicle:
    Stock
    this is true, so you might was well get it all done with one procedure to save you and your insurance company money. i dont remember a thing happening so it wasnt too bad, they had to give me 3 dif sedatives though to get me 'sedated' i guess.

12. Oct 21, 2009 at 2:42 AM
    FoxySandChick

FoxySandChick Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kristin
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 Base model V6 Impulse Red Pearl
    De-badged, limo tint, black wet okole's, weathertechs, extra d-rings, TSB bilsteins
    My bf just had a colonoscopy and an endoscopy done about a month ago, no cancer, but 5 other diagnosis...all caused by diet and lifestyle.

Sounds like yours went much better, polyps are very common, so hope it turns out well for you.

13. Oct 21, 2009 at 4:08 AM
    gupster88

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Vehicle:
    Stock
    thanks, ive calmed down a little bit after researching polyps a little more. but i still should not of had any at my age (21). a few changes in my lifestyle can help prevent them and i intend on actioning all of those changes asap.

14. Oct 21, 2009 at 4:43 AM
    FoxySandChick

FoxySandChick Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kristin
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 DC 4x4 Base model V6 Impulse Red Pearl
    De-badged, limo tint, black wet okole's, weathertechs, extra d-rings, TSB bilsteins
    :thumbsup: Start now to prevent problems in the future. I had to push my bf to start changing his lifestyle, he is getting there slowly, but I'm trying my best to help him. He is 41 and stubborn, he should have gotten his problems checked years ago, but he just let himself keep suffering. You are going in the right direction and I hope the changes come easily for you.
    If you don't mind sending me a PM with what your problem was why you had to have this procedure, I can see if its the same as his and if so give you some tips.

15. Oct 21, 2009 at 4:44 AM
    gupster88

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Vehicle:
    Stock
    no problem writing you the pm now!

16. Oct 21, 2009 at 6:23 AM
    ImpulseRed008

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    When my son went in to get his wisdom teeth pulled, the doc had to give his 2 - 3 times the normal amount of sedative to get him out. Not me, though, one dose was enough :D

17. Oct 21, 2009 at 7:09 AM
    gupster88

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Vehicle:
    Stock
    i remember you saying you hated being sedated, i disagreed with you until monday. usually versed and i get along great. but whatever else he gave me didnt like my body. on top of not remember pretty much all of monday. i had the hiccups every three hours until yesterday afternoon (nurse said that was a side effect of the meds). so since ill be looking forward to a colonoscopy every 1-3 years for the rest of my life, im gonna hate the sedatives like you now :)

18. Oct 21, 2009 at 7:18 AM
    bobwilson1977

bobwilson1977 Well-Known Member

Member:
    KaliFORN-I-A
    Vehicle:
    96 Tacoma 2WD ( pizza delivery model)
    none except for crappy hub caps and floor mats.
    I'm only 32 and had a colonoscopy last year because colon cancer runs in the family. I too had to drink a gallon of that nasty stuff. Here's a few little tricks. First of all, you can mix a packet of Sunny Delight in the gallon of stuff. That gets rid of some of the nasty taste. Secondly- and you'll thank me for this later- baby wipes. After the 10th time you clean out your bowels, you will get reallllly sore from using regular TP paper.

Honestly, the preparation was the worst part. The procedure was cake.

19. Oct 21, 2009 at 8:42 AM
    ImpulseRed008

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    They don't use the gallon of nasty stuff anymore (atleast not out here) You use Miralax and mix it with gatorade - either 64 or 96 oz and drink the 64 oz within 2 hours and then the other 32 oz 3 hours before the procedure.

You don't even taste the stuff, only the gatorade. I kept mine in a cooler filled with ice so it was good and cold.

20. Nov 3, 2010 at 8:57 AM
    gupster88

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Vehicle:
    Stock
    hey guys, its been about a year. time for my check up anal probing tomorrow. so today, thats right, i will begin the ritual of overdosing on laxatives while starving myself. hopefully the results tomorrow will be better than they were last year.

ive taken some strides the dr told me to do to prevent polyps and all that. lost 20 lbs in the past year and have increased my fiber intake and my "greens". everything should go good though.

Products Discussed in

To Top