1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Andrew and Mike's Awesome Moab Adventure

Discussion in 'Arizona' started by mh.meier, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Jun 3, 2013 at 7:12 PM
    mh.meier

mh.meier [OP] RAGEAHOLIC

Member:
    First Name:
    MAD MIKE
    T-TOWN
    Vehicle:
    Truck Norris Silver Unicornimus Prime
    NAHBITCHTRUCKNORRISUNICORN
    The first stepping stone in our 2013 Moab adventure was a trip to the four corners monument located in Utah, New Mexico, Colorado and Arizona. This is when we first realized just how epic and awesome this adventure was going to be.

Truck Norris and the BAMFYJ were able to take a much needed rest in Colorado where the temperature was slightly cooler than a few feet away in Arizona.
    [​IMG]

Jackie apparently likes dancing horses.....or maybe I just made her stand near the sign.....
    [​IMG]

We did some cute little couples poses on the monument but I like these ones way better
    [​IMG]
    Such classic Andrew pose....
    [​IMG]

Then we did an awesome double couples pose on the monument where our picture was taken by a shady Scandinavian tourist haha!
    [​IMG]

Eventually we left the monument and headed into Utah. As we neared the town of Moab there was a considerable scenery change and we knew we were almost there....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

When we arrived at Area BFE we quickly set up camp, got eaten by a butt load of gnats, and loaded back up yo hit the Moab Brewery, which in my opinion has to be the best all around place to eat in town, even without all the awesome beer! The next morning we went to install Andrew's front driveshaft since we had taken it off for the drive up to Moab but upon installation we quickly realized that after swapping his transfercase and rear driveshaft, that his front had now become to short. She he and Mama Bear headed into town. Jackie and I were left with enough alcohol to drown a city and the playground at BFE. So we decided to take TN out to play that morning.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Of course Jackie did most of the driving haha, we needed to get her familiar with the terrain so she could do some of the trail runs....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    In between all this we met the Ark Boys. Two good ol' fashioned Arkansas boys who could climb just about anything and between them werent scared of snakes or mines.
    [​IMG]

shortly afterwards we decided to just nap out before Andrew got back. As soon as he returned the driveshaft went in and we decided to take the BAMFYJ out to the playground where Andrew almost rolled over more than once, and decided to 2 and 3 wheel most of the time haha!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Of course, JeepAndrew aint scared o' no flippin! He was having a grand time hitting just about every obstacle and trying harder lines each time
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Next day we decided to hit up Strike Ravine so I could finish it this year and so that we could explore the Black Monarch, that is what I call the epic and awesome mine that sprawls through Strike. Andrew, The Ark Boys, and myself loaded up and headed out and man did we have a good time.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Sometimes I like to float.....
    [​IMG]

And then we found the mine hidden behind the rock walls of Strike Ravine.
    [​IMG]

The entrance...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    There were plenty of old wodden structures and places to crawl through within the body of the Black Monarch...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    A giant Geode!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The drive out after The Black Monarch through the rest of Strike Ravine was gorgeous
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

When we arrived back at camp the first thing I noticed was the Arrival of BATMAN! Probably the best spotter I have ever known as well as one of the coolest, most laid back dudes you could find. We all decided that we would go do Top of the world in the morning.
    After breakfast and all that Jazz we all loaded up to do Top of the World. When we arrived at the Trailhead Andrew and Mama Bear had to head back due to unforeseen circumstances so it was just the Ark Boys, Ben, Jackie and myself.
    [​IMG]
    The trail istelf was not hard but there were a few areas where got to have fun and all in all I think it is a fun trail for any level of driving.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I gave Ben a startle when I tried this obstacle utilizing a Mike bump...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And of course Batman wheeled using his signature Ace Ventura driving style.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As fun as the trail was, it was nothing compared to being at the end and feeling like your on top of the world. We all stopped to take pictures, eat, and to try and hit the divebombing "Swallows" as Ben called them with bread and other food items.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Of course we all posed with our trucks at the top
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    There were plenty more pictures if you would like to check them out.
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10201143661731353.1073741835.1163962737&type=3&uploaded=92

Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
  2. Jun 3, 2013 at 7:26 PM
    mh.meier

mh.meier [OP] RAGEAHOLIC

Member:
    First Name:
    MAD MIKE
    T-TOWN
    Vehicle:
    Coming soon, Hell's Revenge, The Trifecta, Arches National Park, Silas does Helldorado, and Fins and Things.

3. Jun 3, 2013 at 7:26 PM
    snowtank

snowtank whys the rum gone

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    11 txpro dcsb 08 trd sprt dcsb
    Some stuff here and there....
    Subd. Lets see where this is going

4. Jun 3, 2013 at 7:27 PM
    Brian007Taco

Brian007Taco 007Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Don't ask!
    Mesa, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD Off-road Prerunner
    OME 885 with 5100's in front, TSB and AAL with 5125's in back. 30" light bar in the valance.
    This should be interesting.

5. Jun 3, 2013 at 7:30 PM
    IDtrucks

IDtrucks Just out for a rip are ya bud?

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Boise ID
    Vehicle:
    96' X-Cab 4x4 TRD Off Road Clusterfuck
    JVC Deck, 10" sub mountd in rear seat cubby, 2 LED off road lights mounted in grille, amber raptor style grille lights, LED rock lights, square led bed light, custom made fuse block tray, 12 blade Blue Sea fuse block, 100a marine circuit breaker, black plasti dipped full grille, tinted tail lights + third, Uniden 520 with 4' firestik, Bilstein 5100s with 620lb Eibach coils, Diff drop, Chevy 63 leaf swap, TG creeper joints, 14" triangulated biletein 5125s, 8" extended steel braided brake line, TG Rock Sliders, CBI Moab 1.0 front bumper, custom fabbed bed rack, full TRD E-Locker axle swap and matching re-gear with custom stand alone wiring circuit, 29 spline pinion flange from an 06 wishbone runner, tubbed for 35x12.5" general grabbers on Ultra type 181 wheels, crush sleeve eliminator, Mini ARB compressor, front ARB locker, garage fab aluminum front skid plate, custom built high clearence rear bumper, removable mothafuckin doors
    ooohhhh is this going to be a documentary style thread?
    :popcorn:

6. Jun 3, 2013 at 7:32 PM
    Brian007Taco

Brian007Taco 007Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Don't ask!
    Mesa, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    OME 885 with 5100's in front, TSB and AAL with 5125's in back. 30" light bar in the valance.
    If not, it should be.

7. Jun 3, 2013 at 7:37 PM
    mh.meier

mh.meier [OP] RAGEAHOLIC

Member:
    First Name:
    MAD MIKE
    T-TOWN
    Vehicle:
    It's gonna be good Dont you worry

8. Jun 3, 2013 at 7:40 PM
    IDtrucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Boise ID
    Vehicle:
    JVC Deck, 10" sub mountd in rear seat cubby, 2 LED off road lights mounted in grille, amber raptor style grille lights, LED rock lights, square led bed light, custom made fuse block tray, 12 blade Blue Sea fuse block, 100a marine circuit breaker, black plasti dipped full grille, tinted tail lights + third, Uniden 520 with 4' firestik, Bilstein 5100s with 620lb Eibach coils, Diff drop, Chevy 63 leaf swap, TG creeper joints, 14" triangulated biletein 5125s, 8" extended steel braided brake line, TG Rock Sliders, CBI Moab 1.0 front bumper, custom fabbed bed rack, full TRD E-Locker axle swap and matching re-gear with custom stand alone wiring circuit, 29 spline pinion flange from an 06 wishbone runner, tubbed for 35x12.5" general grabbers on Ultra type 181 wheels, crush sleeve eliminator, Mini ARB compressor, front ARB locker, garage fab aluminum front skid plate, custom built high clearence rear bumper, removable mothafuckin doors
    well get to it batch. im sure you got pics of me in there and i wanna see em!

9. Jun 3, 2013 at 8:02 PM
    snowtank

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    :notsure::worthless:This has been going on for a week. Promises of awesome pics and not pics show up. I want pics!

10. Jun 3, 2013 at 8:17 PM
    Brian007Taco

Brian007Taco 007Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Don't ask!
    Mesa, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    What Andrew said is true.

11. Jun 4, 2013 at 10:12 AM
    mh.meier

mh.meier [OP] RAGEAHOLIC

Member:
    First Name:
    MAD MIKE
    T-TOWN
    Vehicle:
    Updated OP

12. Jun 4, 2013 at 10:38 AM
    Brian007Taco

Brian007Taco 007Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Don't ask!
    Mesa, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    A little piece of trivia. The 4 corners are actually several hundred yards to the NW down in the river bed. The monument is where it is because it's on higher ground.

Pics looking good so far.

13. Jun 4, 2013 at 10:42 AM
    snowtank

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Awesome! I want go

14. Jun 5, 2013 at 5:59 PM
    mbmack1

mbmack1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    matt
    az
    Vehicle:
    SAVAGE silver '06
  15. Jun 6, 2013 at 10:07 AM
    IDtrucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Boise ID
    Vehicle:
    moar updates

16. Jun 6, 2013 at 9:02 PM
    JeepAndrew

JeepAndrew Jeep driving High Voltage junkie

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    '93 Jeep Wrangler YJ/'97 Jeep Cherokee XJ
    --(97 XJ) 6.5 inch Pro-comp front coils, 3 inch Pro-comp rear leaves, 2 inch shackles, custom Ballistic Fab trac bar w/ custom drop bracket, Rubicon Express control arms, 33-12.5-15 Goodyear Duratracs on steelies, bushwacker fender flares, custom rock sliders, XRC front winch bumper, XRC rear recovery bumper with custom swing-away tire carrier, custom hood vent, cobra CB/4 foot firestik --(93 YJ) custom all-around spring-over-axle swap with custom springs and shackles and body lift elimination, front shackle reversal, S.Y.E.'d crawl-boxed transfer case with double-cardan front and rear driveshafts, 33-12.5-15 Goodyear MTR Kevlars on 15x12 steelies, warn front recovery bumper w/10K XRC winch, rear XRC recovery bumper w/tire carrier, locking center console box, custom tube fenders/rock sliders, 50 inch LED lightbar, 20" lightbar on bumper, overhead console, Cobra CB w/ bluetooth wireless headset, 5 foot firestik, onboard 120volt power.
  17. Jun 12, 2013 at 3:44 AM
    T4C0CH40S

T4C0CH40S RINZLER

Member:
    First Name:
    Stefen
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    THE RECTIFIED PRERUNNER
    ADS Racing Shocks | Dirt King | KMF | Pelfreybilt | BruteForceFab | Total Chaos | HomerTaco | Toywerx | Tepui | Toyo Tires | Stealth Custom Series | Stealth Runner 8 | SDHQ | MaxTrac | TRS | Morimoto | Rigid Industries | VIP | Jumpers LEDs | Wet Okoles | Trailer Products | McNeil Racing | ECGS | AFe CAI | IAS | ...Check out my RECTIFIED BUILD>>>>>>>>>>>
    So do I have to wait till the next camping trip to see more pics from this MOAB adventure im still kickin myself for not going to??

18. Jun 13, 2013 at 9:54 AM
    mh.meier

mh.meier [OP] RAGEAHOLIC

Member:
    First Name:
    MAD MIKE
    T-TOWN
    Vehicle:
    Updated....

19. Jun 13, 2013 at 10:07 AM
    RockyMtnTRD

RockyMtnTRD McBuckets

Member:
    First Name:
    Noah
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    '11 TRD OR
    35 Toyo RT, BAMF Towers + Sliders, Brute HC w/table + Hybrid Front, King 12.0, Alcan Springs, TC Upper
    awesome. subd :D

20. Jun 13, 2013 at 11:04 AM
    Brian007Taco

Brian007Taco 007Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Don't ask!
    Mesa, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    Awesome pics!

To Top