1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Android Auto and Google maps after Nougat update

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by KeithB, May 16, 2017.

1. May 16, 2017 at 7:01 AM
    KeithB

KeithB [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Cheshire, CT
    Vehicle:
    SWB '09 Tacoma DCSB Sport 4x4
    Wheels and Tires: 17x8" Ultra Goliath wheels with P285/70R17 Falken Wildpeak AT3/W tires, Suspension: Fox coilovers set at 2", TC UCA's, 1.5" lift 3 leaf pack with overload left in Other: TRD SS exhaust, Pioneer AVIC 4100 H/U with Android Auto (awesomeness), sat radio bluetooth, Accessories: Toyota roof rack, black Toyota running board steps, cargo divider, weathertech floor liners, Literider roll up soft tonneau, thule bars over tonneau, USB ports front and rear, seat heaters, birddawg mirror riser Cosmetic: window tint, grillcraft black mesh upper/lower grill, vinyl armrest in doors, Clazzio black seat covers with blue stitch, Redline steering wheel wrap Lighting: fogs only mod, back up lights, amber interior accent lighting, amber 10" LED light bar in hood scoop, 33" LED bar behind the lower grill, amber lamin-x on fog lights, Tacomabeast headlights and matching tails.
    Anyone else using android auto? My google maps works fine by itself but when accessed via the Android auto app now after the nougat update, it doesn't track me. It finds me initially and maps a route but doesn't seem to be able to locate me as I move. Also the GPS compass is out of whack. Sometimes it finds me close to where I am but then it's got me stuck there for 5-10 minutes and always with the arrow not pointing in the direction I am moving.

Hoping someone has a fix for this.

2. May 31, 2017 at 9:45 PM
    daohaus

daohaus Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Duan
    33.960892 -117.575824
    Vehicle:
    18 TRD Off Road Premium 4runner
    Rotiform SIX OR Toyo Open Country RT
    If there a way to recalibrate the system? Maybe it needs to be recalibrated

3. Aug 21, 2017 at 10:50 AM
    KeithB

KeithB [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Cheshire, CT
    Vehicle:
    SWB '09 Tacoma DCSB Sport 4x4
    Wheels and Tires: 17x8" Ultra Goliath wheels with P285/70R17 Falken Wildpeak AT3/W tires, Suspension: Fox coilovers set at 2", TC UCA's, 1.5" lift 3 leaf pack with overload left in Other: TRD SS exhaust, Pioneer AVIC 4100 H/U with Android Auto (awesomeness), sat radio bluetooth, Accessories: Toyota roof rack, black Toyota running board steps, cargo divider, weathertech floor liners, Literider roll up soft tonneau, thule bars over tonneau, USB ports front and rear, seat heaters, birddawg mirror riser Cosmetic: window tint, grillcraft black mesh upper/lower grill, vinyl armrest in doors, Clazzio black seat covers with blue stitch, Redline steering wheel wrap Lighting: fogs only mod, back up lights, amber interior accent lighting, amber 10" LED light bar in hood scoop, 33" LED bar behind the lower grill, amber lamin-x on fog lights, Tacomabeast headlights and matching tails.
    Tried recalibrating several times with various methods and nothing worked. It's obviously the OS. The Nougat update messed up a lot of things I've read.

But..... Seems to have improved now after about a half dozen push updates since June. Still doesn't work with the battery saver turned on so I just keep the battery saver turned off most of the time now. Streaming music stops after a couple minutes with the battery saver turned on too. What good is a battery saver if nothing works with it turned on.

4. Aug 23, 2017 at 10:00 AM
    boricuastock

boricuastock Member

Member:
    Dallas, TX
    Vehicle:
    2008 White Tacoma TRD 4x4
    None yet
    I have nougat on a OnePlus 3t paired with a 8200nex. I haven't had any issues with Android auto and Google maps. Have you tried Waze inside Android auto to see if it has the same issue? Mine has been pretty flawless thus far when using maps.

Products Discussed in

To Top