1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Android Surpasses The iPhone In The United States

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Richman21, May 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. May 10, 2010 at 4:11 PM
    Lentsnh

Lentsnh Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Hummer H3 Tactical Edition
    None yet- Future: HIDs, Tinted tails, LED interior lights,

So far this is my first year with AT&T and I have had ZERO problems. I love what they have to offer and they helped me setup an appointment with apple in Birmingham so I could get my home button fixed.

I have a VERY smartphone with all the odds and ends and its STILL cheaper than my Dare, that didnt even have as many minutes as I do now. I love the rollover minutes too! you actually still get to use your minutes like the way you buy them at the end of the month.

I got an iPhone first and then my parents were so impressed with the service, they switched over in another month.

2. May 10, 2010 at 4:18 PM
    06BLUEDBLSPORT

06BLUEDBLSPORT Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Fort Wayne Indiana
    Vehicle:
    12 Tundra DC SR5 4x4 5.7L
    True Dual Flowmaster 40 Series exhaust, Volant CAI, HIDs, Raptor series Side Steps, Weathertech Floorliners, OME 613 Shocks and Coils with Diff Drop, Rear Bilstein 5100 Shocks, ToyTec AAL, Fearless Fabrication Front Bumper
    Hey hey hey, whats the matter? :confused:
    You make sound as if we are in pain with using our iphones and we are getting raped in the ass cause of them. If we all hated the iphones and didnt have a reason for liking them, then we would not use them. I personally am 100% happy with the way the iphone is made and how steve jobs developed it.

3. May 10, 2010 at 4:26 PM
    06BLUEDBLSPORT

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Fort Wayne Indiana
    Vehicle:
    True Dual Flowmaster 40 Series exhaust, Volant CAI, HIDs, Raptor series Side Steps, Weathertech Floorliners, OME 613 Shocks and Coils with Diff Drop, Rear Bilstein 5100 Shocks, ToyTec AAL, Fearless Fabrication Front Bumper
    FYI i had an HTC and it was shit

4. May 10, 2010 at 4:27 PM
    Lentsnh

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Kayla is on her 3rd HTC smartphone BTW... Its only been a year and a half...:eek:

5. May 10, 2010 at 4:28 PM
    XrunnIT

XrunnIT Well-Known Member

Member:
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    1GR-GZE X-Runner
    Built Motor by LC Engineering Boosted by TRD
    In a world that doesn't.....

DROID DOES!

6. May 10, 2010 at 4:28 PM
    PreRunnerSeth

PreRunnerSeth Well-Known Member

Member:
    Apex, NC
    Vehicle:
    16 Super White Limited 4x4
    Its not that at all. It just bothers me when people jump on the bandwagon and say this is best or that is bad or whatever without even thinking about why? Just jump on here and Iphone is better and have absolutely no idea why, no reasons, no comparisons. They just say it because its popular and they have one. The reality is, what is the most popular is not always the best and more often isnt. The Iphone is a good phone. The device is nice and the OS is great. I agree that the app store is the best out there, but in my eyes its far behind the incredible. Not just because of the hardware being last years tech. That will change with the 4g, but because there is too much control by big brother. I prefer the ability to customize my phone in any way I see fit. Not to go to the app store to look for a certain type of app just to find its not there because steve jobs said its not appropriate.

7. May 10, 2010 at 4:30 PM
    kvnhlstd

kvnhlstd Well-Known Member

Member:
    Valley of the Sun (Hot Sun)
    Vehicle:
    05 SR5 4X4
    I love how the OP misleads us with the article... slightly. Bottom line is android platform probably are heavier in use, since they are in I think four phones to date. The iphone is just that the iphone, and it owns 39 percent of the smartphone market share... and will be above 50 percent by the fourth quarter and the release of the 4G on June 7th. Why do I lke the iphone and believe it is better than anything else out their. It is a elegant design with bulletproof software and combine beauty and simplistic form features, ATT on the other hand has its ups and downs. But if the mutual use deal goes thru between T Mobile and ATT... all bets are off and they will have better coverage than Verizon, hence why the deal looks good to happen.

8. May 10, 2010 at 4:33 PM
    PreRunnerSeth

PreRunnerSeth Well-Known Member

Member:
    Apex, NC
    Vehicle:
    16 Super White Limited 4x4
    There are a heck of a lot more than 4 Android phones out there. There is no way the iphone will hit %50 market share.

9. May 10, 2010 at 4:42 PM
    1337Taco

1337Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2015 4X4 Manual
    I gotta say I liked Seth's HTC Incredible more than my iPhone. ATT has to be the worst service also btw. I'm definitely switching to Verizon with my next phone.

10. May 10, 2010 at 4:44 PM
    Lentsnh

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Good Point. Just think iPhone is third with ONE phone. Google has about 6 (??) and it JUST became first?

That shows alot about Apple and what they have been able to do.

11. May 10, 2010 at 4:46 PM
    1337Taco

1337Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2015 4X4 Manual
    Get a shit ton of people on their bandwagon? :confused:

:eek:

12. May 10, 2010 at 4:53 PM
    ClemsonTacoma

ClemsonTacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cam
    Lexington, SC
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma
    Pioneer DEH-P5100UB single din HU and black dash kit, Alpine 12" sub custom inverted box bed liner'd, various interior trim painted black, 48 blue LED domelight, cheepo floor mats, hose clamp mod, Cobra CB and knock off firestik, Stock steelie rims, with 265/75/16 Sumitomo HTR Sport A/T's
    I have AT&T and here in Beaufort the service SUCKS! I have to go outside to make a call, but I still don't want Verizion. We have so many roll over mins it's not even funny. I like the iPhone and the Droid. My whole family (besides me) has the iPhone. The only reason is, if I get a nice phone it's gone or broken very soon. I won't buy a touch screen besides an iPhone and that aint happenin. If my phone makes phone calls and txt's then I'm fine :)

13. May 10, 2010 at 4:54 PM
    Lost_Humanity

Lost_Humanity Bad decisions make great stories.

Member:
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    It's a Toyota.
    Bumper Dent Mod
    The thing about Android is that it is an OS installed on multiple devices at multiple price points -- so of course it will have a larger market share. More people are going to buy a $50 Android-enabled phone than a $200 iPhone. That's just good marketing.

Not all Android-equipped phones are good, though. I would take the higher-end ones over an iPhone, sure, but the low-end ones aren't worth it.

Have had a Blackberry, Droid and now have an iPhone. They all have their plusses and minuses. But that's why you research and find the one for you. Free market economy! Yay!

14. May 10, 2010 at 5:05 PM
    bruinsrme

bruinsrme Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Worcester
    Vehicle:
    BRM 2010
    jailbreak and it will

15. May 10, 2010 at 5:15 PM
    THXEY

THXEY Panda Jerk

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2013 Subaru WRX
    STi Short Shifter.OEM floor illumination kit. Rally Armor Mud Flaps. BC BR Coilovers. Invidia N1 Exhaust
    Wrong.
    Right.
    Very Wrong. Verizons Service is WAY better than at&t. yesterday we went into at&t to set up an account to get my mom an iPhone for mothers day. we walked out. i would of ended up costing us $900.00 out the door. And verizon has a hotspot MiFi service at&t does not.
    right.
    Correct! i was in the Verizon store for at least 30 minutes playing with the Incredible and i am 100% sold it is better than the iPhone
    wrong.
    blackberries arent bad. if you need what they offer then theyre great!

I'm a HUGE apple supporter. The Incredible is in fact BETTER than the iPhone.

and you only hate verizon because theyre touch screen isnt perfect? :rolleyes:
    x2

correct. everything about the Incredible is better. except maybe the apps. but honestly. way better.

and i LOVE the removable battery.

16. May 10, 2010 at 5:21 PM
    EL TACOROJO

EL TACOROJO SNAPPIN NECKS AND CASHIN CHECKS.

Member:
    First Name:
    BURRY
    south mills NORCAK
    Vehicle:
    03 dblcab prerunner sr5 v6
    smoked taillights,smoked front turnsignals,smoked 3rd brake light,black badges,black roof rack,removed mud flaps,debadged, camburg 2.5 coilovers,camburg uca's, cobra 25 cb, 4ft firestick ant, dust light/bed lights , 4 hellas on the front
    if and when verizion gets the ipone what will at&t have jack schit

17. May 10, 2010 at 5:26 PM
    THXEY

THXEY Panda Jerk

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacob
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2013 Subaru WRX
    STi Short Shifter.OEM floor illumination kit. Rally Armor Mud Flaps. BC BR Coilovers. Invidia N1 Exhaust
    x2. if it werent for the iPhone, at&shitty will go under for sure.

and you know sometime the iPhone will come to Verizon apple has to want to do it. that just means a SHIT-ton more money for them. why not?

18. May 10, 2010 at 5:31 PM
    Viet2100

Viet2100 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Viet
    South Florida
    Vehicle:
    2016 Prius 4T
    The Incredible is pretty sick. I will always love my iPhone, though. These reason why there are more Android users now is because there have been many that cannot get/use AT&T (credit, price of plans, etc). So, Android is the closest thing that they can get. So you are looking at 3 major carriers (T-Mobile, Sprint & Verizon Wireless) vs. 1 (AT&T).

But, why iPhone? Here is just one of many reasons. I can plug it into my head unit.

19. May 10, 2010 at 5:31 PM
    Blue

Blue You're my boy blue

Member:
    First Name:
    Dylan
    Sierras
    Vehicle:
    ex 99 current 04 TRD
    :amen:

20. May 10, 2010 at 5:36 PM
    06BLUEDBLSPORT

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Fort Wayne Indiana
    Vehicle:
    I see where your coming from. I like the Iphone cause it works for me, I havent had a problem with it which is why im sure others like for that reason.
    You cant get everyone to like the same product. Im sure the Incredible is probably well incredible but not everyone will think that.

Incredibles a great phone and the iPhone is a great phone

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top