1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Angerbot's Build/Adventures Thread

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Builds (2016-2023)' started by angerbot, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Jul 16, 2020 at 10:56 AM
    Greg.Brakes.Tacos

Greg.Brakes.Tacos Don't Feed the Animals

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Between Richmond and Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    2017 Taco DCSB TRD off road
    wanna be mods
    Yeah mine is over "doing things to that truck of yours"...sadly she didn't realize/ask what upgrading the suspension meant when I started running this by her, the second time (first time after the new baby blues ended)...the leaf springs came nearly instantly, I came into SPC UCAs used from a member and only needed replacement set of ball joints...the Elka's getting delayed might have been somewhat of a blessing...albeit her Taco Mod tolerance is -2 at this point.

2. Jul 16, 2020 at 10:57 AM
    angerbot

angerbot [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    The ride will be so much more comfortable for your baby though! Surely you wouldn't want to cheap out on suspension for the baby!

3. Jul 16, 2020 at 11:02 AM
    Greg.Brakes.Tacos

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle:
    wanna be mods
    Oh trust me, with momma riding in the back those first 3 months, she definitely noticed a bit more bump and thump, I pitched suspension upgrade for better on road and off road performance, and FOR THE BABY, dear! That also included adding Archive's Hammer Hangers and cross tube, ubolt flip and his bump stops...those HH's make a big improvement in overall rear end more like a suv unibody vs. rear shimmy and jittering over bumps and pot holes.

Plus she liked the "look" and alleged ride improvement abilities, again especially after riding in the backseat for those first few months with the baby.

Glad you're happy, the truck looks sharp and I can't wait to get mine and get them on!

4. Jul 16, 2020 at 11:51 AM
    angerbot

Member:
    Interesting to hear about the hammer hangers. The rear end feels about 100x more planted with the new rear shocks, no more bucking and jumping when I hit potholes. It was always fun/terrifying to have to give it some opposite lock at 100km/h, hah.

5. Jul 29, 2020 at 11:55 AM
    angerbot

Member:
    With everything installed, we got the truck out to Lost Knife trail in Alberta. It was mostly easy going to start - a few ruts where we were dragging the skids/diff but nothing too hairy. Unfortunately, my map was out of date and we ended up on an old closed portion of the trail which had some extremely tight trees. We were able to use the sliders to pivot around but it was a slightly nerve wracking spot to get stuck in. Finally, on the way out we got stuck in some very deep, soupy ruts. Someone coming down the other way winched us out and then turned around, deciding they shouldn't attempt it. Loving the truck overall, and it's got some nice trail scars already. Will get it out camping this weekend to test out the new RTT.

Quick video: https://imgur.com/yyv6HPW

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Using the sliders here to get around these trees - very happy to have them on or this would have been some serious panel damage I think:
    [​IMG]

Stuck in some ruts
    [​IMG]

The aftermath
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
    EvxnCrxss and Greg.Brakes.Tacos like this.
  6. Jul 29, 2020 at 11:59 AM
    Greg.Brakes.Tacos

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle:
    wanna be mods
    Great scenery/action shots!

Really need to get up that way sometime!

7. Jul 29, 2020 at 12:07 PM
    angerbot

Member:
    Thanks! It's a great area, with almost endless camping possibilities - you could easily go for days without touching pavement in some areas. The regulations can be tough to navigate about where you are/aren't allowed to drive but it's easy enough once you know general areas. BC has tons of free, user maintained campgrounds throughout the province. Would make for a pretty epic road trip out and back from your area, for sure.

8. Jul 29, 2020 at 12:11 PM
    Greg.Brakes.Tacos

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle:
    wanna be mods
    Well I'd have to hit the US west coast family, friends and all the vast publicly accessible trails and open spaces that the middle and left side of the US offers...which is seemingly the opposite out here.

Once the baby "bug" is out of our system we have goals of starting to hit National Parks and BC is too beautiful to pass while "out that way"!

9. Dec 11, 2020 at 9:19 AM
    angerbot

Member:
    Under the knife getting a winch and bumper in anticipation of some winter wheeling!

[​IMG]

Greg.Brakes.Tacos likes this.
  10. Dec 29, 2020 at 4:25 PM
    angerbot

Member:
    Here we go, a bit of winter wheeling, got a chance to try out the winch pulling out a buddy:
    [​IMG]

11. Dec 29, 2020 at 6:43 PM
    Greg.Brakes.Tacos

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle:
    wanna be mods
    What winch did you go with? How's the elkas doing with the arrival weight out front there??

I'm looking into winch options, and have been factoring in raising the front elkas if it sags...

12. Jan 3, 2021 at 2:17 PM
    angerbot

Member:
    I went with a Smitty x20 10k. Wanted to go WARN but just couldn't justify the cost. Not seeing much sag in the frontend, but I can grab you hub to fender measurements!

13. Jan 3, 2021 at 2:20 PM
    angerbot

Member:
    Some more winter wheeling shots, loving the confidence the winch + bumper gives me to get out into some deeper spots:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Greg.Brakes.Tacos likes this.
  14. Jan 4, 2021 at 5:17 AM
    TACO_83

TACO_83 Active Member

Member:
    North of the wall
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Is Greenlane making the wings for these now? Great build amd nice truck.

15. Jan 4, 2021 at 7:51 AM
    angerbot

Member:
    this is the modular bumper rather than the stump + wings. I was told wings are in design though and should be coming soon! Thanks!

16. May 8, 2021 at 3:19 PM
    LittleLarry

LittleLarry New Member

Member:
    2017 Sport DCLB
    Hey, great build! Slowly working my way to something quite similar, most of the year is light Ontario forest roads and ATV trails, but once a year we spend a month in the mountains searching out the backroads camping.

I'm close to ordering the Greenland hybrid sliders - from what little is on the internet about them, you're the first I've found actually out using them - how have they stood up? Thinking they'll handle the limited abuse I've got planned...but would love to hear some legit thoughts!

17. May 9, 2021 at 8:26 AM
    angerbot

Member:
    I say go for it! Mine are holding up great to a decent amount of abuse. Unless you're actually shoving them over rocks routinely they're a great option. I've used mine to pivot around trees and I've dropped onto them going down into holes and stuff no problem at all. The only thing I don't do with them is using as a jack point, but I don't carry a hi-lift anyways because I don't like them.

Products Discussed in

To Top