1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

annoying... kinda

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by dud122, May 16, 2009.

1. May 16, 2009 at 3:01 PM
    dud122

dud122 [OP] rabble rabble rabble

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Riverdale Park, MD
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma DC
    OME up front, Dakar in the back, Elite front bumper, Warn winch, Tactical rear bumper with tire swing/jerry cans/hi lift, Revenge Fab. sliders, Tundra brakes, Camburg UCA's, Safari Snorkle, FJ TRD wheels, Lights, CB, Switches, skids, LED's... OH MY!
    my gf birthday is may 1... mine is may 23

i've noticed over the last 5 years that i've been with my girl that how much i spend on her for her bday is how much gets spent on my bday

she has always had more bank than i but i guess it will always be that way... this year i treated her right... dinner, spa, concert... and i'm getting a new bumper for my truck :D:D:D:D

but still... shouldn't it be unconditional??

maybe i'm just cursed that her bday is so close before mine

2. May 16, 2009 at 3:07 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I'm sure it isn't that she doesn't love you or not to get you more...My wife and I keep our presents pretty well matched value wise- Like this year she got a spa treatment and some craft stuff she has been wanting...and she got my WO seat covers for me-
    So next year I'll prolly try to bring my A game and get her something AMAZING...but it's not needed- It's the thought that counts.

The whole "she's got more bank" sounds alot like "She's got more so she should spend more" to me...Are the gift thoughtful or useful or something you asked for in specific?? Then between getting what you want and having her...I'd say you win!!

3. May 16, 2009 at 3:14 PM
    dud122

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Riverdale Park, MD
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma DC
    OME up front, Dakar in the back, Elite front bumper, Warn winch, Tactical rear bumper with tire swing/jerry cans/hi lift, Revenge Fab. sliders, Tundra brakes, Camburg UCA's, Safari Snorkle, FJ TRD wheels, Lights, CB, Switches, skids, LED's... OH MY!
    i guess more explaining should go into the "bank" comment

i've never had a lump sum of money to rest on.... she has... but it seems like she doesn't put thought into my gift until shortly before my bday and it always seems relative to her gift....

my gift is always based on what i can afford at the time... i would go broke on her if i could...nothing is ever good enough

see what i mean?

i would be happy with dinner at home for my bday... but it always seems to match whatever i get

4. May 16, 2009 at 3:16 PM
    dud122

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Riverdale Park, MD
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma DC

it just seems like more thought goes into "what can i get him that is worth what he got me... not what can i get him that i really want to get him

5. May 16, 2009 at 3:18 PM
    dud122

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Riverdale Park, MD
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma DC
    and i'm not questioning how much she loves me either... i know we are getting married one day... its just a wierd thing that it seems like she doesn't put as much thought into

6. May 16, 2009 at 3:18 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    ::nods:: I see where you are coming from...It's hard to tell man.

Like I said...my wife and I tend to match pretty close what we spend...We are on different sides of the year tho- So maybe that makes some difference. A few times I've asked for something to get paid off/paid for (like our new bed) insted of a gift...All kinda depends I guess...::shrug::

7. May 17, 2009 at 12:35 AM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    Yeah, that's kinda crap I have to admit. I try to keep a limit, but we've had a few talks about how much we've spent on each other.

BTW - My best friend of 19 years has the same Birthday as you. Rock on.

8. May 17, 2009 at 12:38 AM
    cleanTRDmachine

cleanTRDmachine watch the meat

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Q-Town, PA
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    tint gray camo seat covers debadged color matched grille surround off of 06 TRD sport grillecraft black mesh grille Hella 500's demudflapped Toyota rear leaf TSB (first edition) 265/75/16 BFG AT TA KO's Flowmaster Super 40 #952445 Maglite Mod AntennaX 13in antenna Painted Lower Valance Vision X H4 Xenon headlights Halo Solaris H10 foglights Velocity Offroad 2.5 leveling kit (removed) Spidertrax 1.25" wheel spacers Rocky Mounts Clutch SD bike mount 4ft combo lock cable for bed extender Stage I interior LED's Toytec 1.5" AALs Extang Trifold Signature Series Bed Cover Reese front mounted tow hook Icon Stage 1 Suspension
    plain and simple...chicks presents to guys suck compared to our presents to them

9. May 17, 2009 at 8:41 AM
    WNYTACOMA

WNYTACOMA Well-Known Member

Member:
    Clarence, New York
    Vehicle:
    09 Metalic Grey TRD OFF ROAD
    Toyota Nerf steps Bugflector 2 Tool box Weathertech floor liners Wet Okole F/R - Bk/Char
    While i appreciate anything my girl gets for me, i tell her to not get carried away and to save her money.

That being said, i too feel somewhat obligated to spend at least in the ballpark of what she spends on me, even with the clear understanding that it is not a competition.

10. May 17, 2009 at 9:59 AM
    SaltySteve

SaltySteve Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    2012 4runner
    No offense dude but although dinner, spa, and a concert is a very nice gift, it's not necessarily a tailor made gift. It's pretty general. You could've replaced the concert with flowers and gave a gift similar to what most unimaginative guys in the world give.

She's getting you a new bumper. Whether you asked for it or she knew you wanted it it's still pretty F'in cool and shows that she knows what you want and what you're in to.

Not trying to poo on your parade. Just giving you a different opinion. And I do think your gift was nice.

Try making her something next year and see what she gets you. I made my girl a sick jewelry box one year and she loved it.

11. May 17, 2009 at 10:58 AM
    dud122

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Riverdale Park, MD
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma DC
    homemade gifts always kickass but what i got her isn't as generic as it may seem...

flowers... ok i guess thats generic but she really likes the kind i got her

concert... her favorite band

dinner... i let her go through all my cookbooks and she comes up with a multi course meal which i then prepare for her... this year was french onion soup, cheesy roasted veggie lasagna w/ garlic bread, and key lime pie

spa... something she had never experienced but definately deserved

she asked me what i wanted for my bday, i said bumper, she said ok

i think a lot of this is coming across wrong as i read over it... i am extremely appreciative of whatever she decides to do for my bday, i know she loves me and i love her... like i said before... its just a wierd thing that she doesn't tend to put a lot of thought into

12. May 17, 2009 at 1:45 PM
    SaltySteve

SaltySteve Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    2012 4runner
    Why do you hate your GF soooo much?!?

Just kidding man and i was just playing devil's advocate. I meant no disrespect.

Have you ever brought this up to her? Next time when she asks what you want tell her you want something that she thinks you'd like. Everybody needs more socks anyways. :D What's Christmas like?

13. May 17, 2009 at 1:48 PM
    FlawedXJ

FlawedXJ mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    NorAla
    Vehicle:
    13 F150 FX4, 99 jeep xj, 04 msm miata
    I actually have a jeep now. Imagine that.
    i typically spend about 4x as much for stuff for my gf than my gf spends for me. She said she always wants to get me what i want, but i either buy it first, or she has no idea what to get cause its so specific and she doesn't wanna get me the wrong thing.

Products Discussed in

To Top