1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Annoying things our GF/BF/Spouse do when they drive our rigs and how to cope with it

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by BigOly, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Jun 7, 2013 at 10:52 AM
    Frogsauce

Frogsauce Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chesapeake Bay
    Vehicle:
    16 TRD Offroad
  2. Jun 7, 2013 at 10:59 AM
    cowgirlrideon

cowgirlrideon Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandi
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma V6 4x4 SR5
    Brute Force front bumper, Basic camo covers interior.
    So no bf but since dad let me buy my truck under his name I agreed that he could use it. Ugh almost every time he brought it home there would be a new scratch of some sort. And of course he had no idea how it happened so it must of already been there... but nope. haha he still gets to drive it but he knows I dislike it. A lot. oh and when im passenger and he wants to floor the pedal I cringe. You don't have to maintain the same speed up a steep hill. Yeah haha my ventin post. :D

3. Jun 7, 2013 at 11:02 AM
    Cr250jumper

Cr250jumper Señor member

Member:
    The moon
    Vehicle:
    50 shades of tan©
    Tacoma with some stuff melted to it
    ^teenagers saying the parent uses too much gas pedal, that is not something you hear very often lol :p

4. Jun 7, 2013 at 11:07 AM
    cowgirlrideon

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandi
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma V6 4x4 SR5
    Hahah well i love my taco. But fillin that thing at every freakin gas station I pass ain't no fun. So yeah... I like goin fast. but when it comes to hills i don't floor it. Dad leaves it on cruise and when the hills come he pushes the cruise even higher to keep speed. Like really? ugh. haha

5. Jun 7, 2013 at 11:11 AM
    skidooman

skidooman I'm your huckleberry

Member:
    First Name:
    TJ
    Northern Nevada
    Vehicle:
    19 Taco
    Kings, JBA, BAMF, C4, Deaver, Prinsu, TJM, SnugTop, 5.29s
    My wife's not a good driver, but she drives it anyways. I dont really care who drives it, as long as they dont crash it. Im waiting for her to back into something so I have a reason for a HC rear.:D

6. Jun 7, 2013 at 11:24 AM
    Cr250jumper

Cr250jumper Señor member

Member:
    The moon
    Vehicle:
    50 shades of tan©
    Tacoma with some stuff melted to it
  7. Jun 7, 2013 at 12:45 PM
    BigOly

BigOly [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bay Area, NorCal
    Vehicle:
    14 MGM DCSB TRD/OR 4x4
    Haha, boxrocket, I understand what you are sayin man. It looks like I should have been more specific when I created this thread. How specific? I dont know. This thread has gone from being highly entertaining to a serious topic for others and that was not my intent, I hope we all stay on topic. This thread was created as an outlet to vent and cope about the issues about your loved ones that do bad things to your truck beyond your control due to their lack of comprehension...I think that is how I started off this thread. It wasn't meant to scare the sht out of people to the point you hide your rig in a bat/man cave thread, you guys who have this type of behavior are bunch of selfish little bastards lol :p

In regards to your wife playing nice and sharing the same passion and interest as you do, I can only say that you sir, are one lucky mother fcker and enjoy your stress free life. btw love you memes, funny as hell! :p

So for the rest of us poor unfortunate souls, time for me to vent again...I know my wife has an amazing combination of beauty and smarts, but at the same time I feel she doesnt know or give a fck about mechanical things and that was one reason I think she married me :D She destroys everything she touches, I have repair bills to prove it.. Heck, she's been having the habit of pushing the 4WD e-button thinking its part of the ignition process in order to start moving. Uh, really?!? But you know what I did? I kept my cool, grinded my teeth -she actually thought I was smiling :D- and swallowed my pride, responding with a simple "hey babe, can you please push that button again?" but you know in my mind I was like "wtf seriously? this is the third time now!". :mad:

Last edited: Jun 8, 2013
  8. Jun 7, 2013 at 3:42 PM
    markhanson

markhanson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Elko, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    09 Single Cab, 5 speed 4x4
    Spray painted rims
    Change the presets on my stereo and you probably will never drive my truck again

9. Jun 7, 2013 at 3:48 PM
    Sittingbull2

Sittingbull2 Old N.R.A. Hippy

Member:
    First Name:
    Mitch
    Southeast texas
    Vehicle:
    2000 Xtra Cab SR5 White
    3" Body lift, ARB Front Bumper w/9000 lb. Warn Winch, Chevy Alum. Rims w/ Kelly 285's M/S
    Put some big bumpers on it and rub rails on the side and let'em drive it. Just tell them make sure it has the same amount of gas in it when they drive it off as when they bring it back. And tell them if they blow the motor they fix the motor or whatever part they destroy. Never have a problem with my rides. Parents, brother and kids drive mine all the time. Ain't got no wife so ain't worried about that.

10. Jun 7, 2013 at 3:50 PM
    Ice Horse

Ice Horse Stalking horse

Member:
    First Name:
    Lauren
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    98 3.4L V6 TRD Ext. Cab 4x4 SR5
    ADS Racing Shocks 2.5" Extended Travel Coilovers with Reservoirs, 3 inch All Pro rear suspension kit, factory E-locker, Trail Gear sliders and front stinger bumper, CBI Offroad rear tube bumper, XRC8 Winch, 33 inch BFG KM2's, 16 inch Ivan Stewart Wheels, Uniden CB radio, flip up license plate, white tail lights, LED front signals, Tundra front brake upgrade, new radio, rock lights, sub woofer, remote start, satoshi grille with Prius emblem, Rigid DOT/SAE Fog Lights, 12" Light Bar
    I'm amazed at how many women are almost like big children. Some of this stuff is even blowing my mind. Are most women really out of their minds this much or is it all an act for attention? I can't even figure most of them out.

11. Jun 7, 2013 at 3:54 PM
    Sloth

Sloth Baby Ruth?

Member:
    First Name:
    Seth
    Democratic Peoples Republik of Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    07 FJ Cruiser, 98 Landcruiser
    Stuff
    I'd let mine drive it if she could drive stick. Tried to teach her and her roommate one time in college, but after that she had no interest. I'd actually welcome it, because it would be awesome if the Mrs. wanted to come out wheeling. Unfortunately she has no interest, though that doesn't stop me from trying to get her to come along and learn to drive it. Hell, in low gear you barely have to even use the clutch, just let it out and crawl away...

12. Jun 7, 2013 at 3:54 PM
    jberry813

jberry813 Professional Fluffer Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Lake Tahoe
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Sport
    ...too much shit to list.
  13. Jun 7, 2013 at 4:17 PM
    brs127s

brs127s Well-Known Member

Member:
    O'Fallon, MO
    Vehicle:
    04 D-Cab 4x4 Limited TRD
    TRD Headers, Aero Turbine AT2525XL Deckplate Mod, TRD tranny cooler, King Coilovers, LR UCAs, Alcan 5 Leaf springs and Bilstein 5100s, Shrockworks front bumper, CBI rear bumper.
    That's kind of a bold statement to make of people you don't even know.

I guess my wife is controlling because the only time I get to drive her mini van is when we are going somewhere together or she tells me something is wrong with it 2 weeks after it goes wrong and I need to test drive it.

14. Jun 7, 2013 at 4:19 PM
    4x4yota

4x4yota 4wd is awesome

Member:
    First Name:
    Collin
    PA
    Vehicle:
    02 trd stepside v6
    Haha i disagree my truck is like my family.
    but heres my outlook on it. Yes its hard to hand the keys over to someone but if i had a gf that wanted to drive my truck let alone wanna come along wheeling i totally would embrace it. I think it would be awesome to have someone that shows interest in my passions. Its cooler to have someone that u connect with than have a girl that complains about what u do or always wants to go shopping haha

15. Jun 7, 2013 at 4:54 PM
    Madjik_Man

Madjik_Man The Rembrandt of Rattle Can

Member:
    Colorado Front Range
    Vehicle:
    1998 Ext Cab 3.4 4x4 TRD 5MT, 2004 DC 3.4 4x4 TRD
    Kind of off topic but that picture of your silhouette giving the peace sign with layers of reflections off your truck is friggen amazing.

16. Jun 7, 2013 at 4:58 PM
    teamamerica

teamamerica Get off your horse and drink your milk.

Member:
    Wy
    Vehicle:
    2009 tacoma
    none yet
    my wife has the bad habit of cutting cars off. i fear for my life every time i ride with her (she grew up driving in europe.)

17. Jun 7, 2013 at 5:02 PM
    DirtyDTaco

DirtyDTaco Talk slow, shoot fast.

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Mississippi
    Vehicle:
    '00 XtraCab 4x4 3.4L V6 5-Speed, 240K miles
    Polk 6.5" Coaxial Door Speakers, Pioneer DEH-X6500BT Head Unit, Black Bed-Lined Badges, 15% Tint, JL Audio 10" BassWedge, Alpine 500w Mono Amp
    X2

18. Jun 7, 2013 at 6:24 PM
    Afwrestler1986

Afwrestler1986 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Johnstown, NY
    Vehicle:
    01 trd 4X4 ex cab manual
    Gray wire, Some lights in the bed area, and some character marks throughout.
    Yup, all of us controlling Dick's that don't deserve to be in a relationship don't all have several different vehicles. My truck is the only vehicle I have, so you'll understand me not allowing anyone to break shit on my truck. one thing to have a backup vehicle, but when I have to replace a clutch on my truck and can't afford to, or have to buy a new wheel because someone didn't know where the curb started, or whatever. Say what you will, but anytime someone but me drives anything of mine, I end up having to spend money to fix it. let my wife drive and I fix a clutch. let her drive again and I am replacing a wheel. F that. I will continue being a controlling Dick so long as I choose. oh, and maybe not generalize all women into the capable and interested category. just because your wife is capable and interested, doesn't mean that mine is even qualified to pump gas, let alone drive a manual vehicle.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2013
  19. Jun 8, 2013 at 8:31 AM
    cowgirlrideon

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandi
    Idaho
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma V6 4x4 SR5
    Noooo not all women! Haha I care for my truck like it's part of me. For a lil fun I don't mind a few bruises. Same for the truck.

Thanks guys! I've never gotten feedback on that pic. haha but i thought it was pretty sweet too.

20. Jun 8, 2013 at 8:33 AM
    Ice Horse

Ice Horse Stalking horse

Member:
    First Name:
    Lauren
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    98 3.4L V6 TRD Ext. Cab 4x4 SR5
    ADS Racing Shocks 2.5" Extended Travel Coilovers with Reservoirs, 3 inch All Pro rear suspension kit, factory E-locker, Trail Gear sliders and front stinger bumper, CBI Offroad rear tube bumper, XRC8 Winch, 33 inch BFG KM2's, 16 inch Ivan Stewart Wheels, Uniden CB radio, flip up license plate, white tail lights, LED front signals, Tundra front brake upgrade, new radio, rock lights, sub woofer, remote start, satoshi grille with Prius emblem, Rigid DOT/SAE Fog Lights, 12" Light Bar
    Haha I didn't say all, just most. I know I'm not crazy/stupid like many of the ones I see lol

Products Discussed in

To Top