1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Another 2010 remote start question

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by 1FSTLS1, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Dec 19, 2010 at 10:38 AM
    1FSTLS1

1FSTLS1 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    I have been searching all day. I have my remote start hooked up and it starts with the key in the ign. I can not get this stupid Fortin Key Overideall to program. I think I have the right wires at the ECM behind the glove box because I can see them change resitance when I put the key in the ign but I am not totaly sure I have the right ones. I keep reading they are behind the glove box and they are on a 7 pin connector near the key but I dont have that connector. My ecm connections look different than all the ones I have seen on the internet. Are some of these 2010 tacomas different? My instructions are for "G" key and my key does not have a "G" on it??? Can any one point me in the right direction.

Also does any one know where inside the truck the wire for the beep (piezo tweeter that is in the front of the motor that beeps when you unlock your doors) is located?

2. Dec 19, 2010 at 4:29 PM
    1FSTLS1

Member:
    1 more not is that I have an o on my key and not the G key (80bit)

3. Dec 24, 2010 at 5:53 AM
    1FSTLS1

Member:
    Does any one at least know how I can verify that I have the proper wires at the ECM. They are lightgreen/black and blue/white. I know with the old GM passlock you could just check for resistance?

Products Discussed in

To Top