1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Another 5/6 drop w/notch & 17" BBS wheels

Discussion in 'Street Trucks' started by Beefed Taco, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Mar 19, 2013 at 4:54 PM
    Beefed Taco

Beefed Taco [OP] Taco Vending Machine

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    My Metal Shop
    Vehicle:
    99 Taco
    streetacos.com parts!
    I had this truck in the shop a few days ago. It already had Streetacos' Taco Lean blocks in back, a 4-1/4" on the right and a 3-3/4" on the left, so I chopped up the tall block on the right (the 4-1/4") and turned it into a 3-1/4" for the left side, and used the 3-3/4" for the right.

I pulled a leaf from the 5 lug pack and used a Streetacos weld in c-notch kit that includes bump stops. I also trimmed the bed brace above the diff, and did a liner & brace removal above the rear tires as well as perform my normal fender lip trip to clear his 225/45/17's on 17x7.5 +40 BBS wheels and allow them to tuck.

It rides better than before, a bit more firm, with no rubbing or bottoming out issues like it had when it arrived. waytogo_efd99798f0894b5d8f66f654e06bf149f4481ac3.gif

The front has Belltech 2" coils and a ball joint flip. I chose to leave it because I thought it looked proportionate, but when he took it home he cut the coils for more drop. He'll probably post some pics of it's new stance when he sees this thread.

ALANCRUZ1.jpg
    ALANCRUZ2.jpg
    ALANCRUZ3.jpg
    CNKWI1.jpg

2. Mar 22, 2013 at 11:00 AM
    Beefed Taco

Beefed Taco [OP] Taco Vending Machine

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    My Metal Shop
    Vehicle:
    99 Taco
    streetacos.com parts!
    haha, thanks for looking Seth.

3. May 6, 2013 at 7:06 PM
    coma98

coma98 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    zach
    ky
    Vehicle:
    98' built 2rz turbo
    Lowered 4/5 Stage 4 clutch. Fidanza flywheel. W58 trans, arias pistons, pauter rods, arp mains an head studs, cosmetic gasket, T3/t4 15psi and more coming!
    Dam good looking truck beefed! I love seein ur work. I miss my truck being that color.

4. Nov 8, 2014 at 9:10 PM
    mdh313

mdh313 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Fort Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    '02 2WD 2.4 5-speed
    LCE short-throw shifter kit Hurst shifter, knob, and Superboot, home-made console Volant CAI Redline Tuning QuickLIFT hood supports DJM 3/4 drop with their upper control arms Doug Thorley Header American Racing 605 16x7 wheels--not big but perfect for me Belltech rear shocks KYB Monomax front shocks McLeod clutch Sachs flywheel LCE flywheel and pressure plate bolts Two-inch diameter cat back dual exhaust Throttle body bored .003"
    Do you ever experience negative camber problems after flipping the ball joints? Or any other alignment problems?

Products Discussed in

To Top