1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Another bad service experience

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by tex, Mar 13, 2010.

1. Mar 13, 2010 at 2:45 PM
    tex

tex [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fort Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    2006 V8 Sport 4Runner
    Long story but will sumerize as much as I can.

Saturday 2/13 Drop off truck at dealer for noise/vibration.
    Monday 2/15 Cant get service advisor on phone to find out status. Stop in on the way home from work and wait about 30 min. They tell me its the rearend and they have to order it and it will be there on 2/17.
    Thursday 2/18 Drop off truck around 4:30 and let them know I will not be able to pick it up till Saturday.
    Friday 2/19 Dealer calls and tells me the rearend they got was damaged and they had to order another and would not be in till 2/27 or 3/1.
    Saturday 2/20 pick up truck
    Tuesday 3/2 Dealer calls to advise rearend is here. Tell dealer I will bring it in Wednesday after work.
    Wednesday 3/3 drop off around 4:30
    Thursday 3/4 Dealer calls around 4:00 and tells me my truck is ready. I pick it up around 5:00
    Friday 3/5 Call dealer again and leave voice mail that truck still making noise/vibration.
    Monday 3/8 Dealer calls and ask me to bring truck back in and will have a tech ride with me. Show up around 4:30. Tech rides with and said it sounds like the carrier bearing and will order some parts and have the service advisor call me when they came in.
    Wednesday 3/10 Call dealer to get update on parts and leave voice mail.
    Thursday 3/11 Dealer call back and advisor did not know anything about parts being ordered. She said will get with the tech that did the ride along and call me back.
    Friday 3/12 Call dealer back around lunch time and was told they are waiting to hear back from Toyota about the parts and should know something in a few hours. I dont hear back from them till I get home and notice there is a voice mail from them that the parts will be in Monday morning.
    Saturday 3/13 Go to dealer to drop off truck since I will be out of town for a few days. She said the tech thought it was the carrier bearing but since my truck is a regular cab its a 1 piece drive shaft so they ordered a whole new drive shaft. Tell service advisor that I need a loaner vehicle so I can go out of town. She tells me that I would have to pay for it since my vehicle was still driveable and Toyota would not cover the cost of the rental. I even told her this is the 3rd time I have brought my truck up here to have it worked on.

I am really pissed but did not want to make a big deal or scene at the dealer since I just want my truck fixed and we can take my wifes car out of town but I like traveling in the truck. Also the ongoing issues another member is having with a dealership not too far from me made me just leave the issue alone till my truck is fixed the right way. I am going to follow up with the dealer and let them know how poorly the situation was handled and how unsatisfied I am with the dealership. Might even send an email to Toyota aswell. I would post what dealer but feel it could lead to drama since they still have my truck.
    Thanks for reading

2. Mar 13, 2010 at 2:56 PM
    WATacoRider

WATacoRider Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 4x4
    There was member that had vibration issues. Do a search for it. He was originally told by the dealer that it was the transmission.

He took it to a different shop and the owner found the problem and I think it was the drive shaft.

3. Mar 13, 2010 at 3:05 PM
    tex

tex [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fort Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    2006 V8 Sport 4Runner
    Thanks. They are replacing the entire drive shaft.

4. Mar 13, 2010 at 3:10 PM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    The drive shaft sounds like the right direction to be going.

As far as bad customer service- Maybe not the greatest- but I've seen worse. I hope this thread doesn't turn into a shit show about Toyota too....

Good luck getting it worked out

5. Mar 13, 2010 at 3:12 PM
    colinb17

colinb17 If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    '07 TRD Sport 4x4
    Build thread in sig...
    stinks that you are without the truck again, but at least they are working with you. stuff with dealers always takes longer than they say...but it does seem like they are trying to figure it out for you...and you're getting some new free parts in the process :)

Products Discussed in

To Top