1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Another Last Min Trail Run In the Backcountry 10-15-11

Discussion in 'Southern California' started by RecklessTaco, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Oct 12, 2011 at 12:13 PM
    RecklessTaco

RecklessTaco [OP] Livin the Dream

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Topaz Lake, Nv.
    Vehicle:
    08 Dbl Cab Prerunner TRD Sport Debadged
    ENGAGE LT KIT, King 2.5x 8" coilovers w/600lb 18"coil springs, a custom built leaf pack in the rear by OMD, and a custom built prerunner bumper by SurfInferno. 35x12.50-17General Grabbers on 17x9 Black MB Wheels rims, Volant CAI w/Amsoil dry filter, Volant Ram Air, Poweraid Throttle body spacer, URD MAF Calibrator, Flowmaster40, Uniden Bearcat cb w/ 4' fire fly firestick antenna, & a Icom V80 Handheld(Modded for race channels)
    Are you sick, i think you are coming down with a cold and wont be able to make it to work that morning! hahahahahah

2. Oct 12, 2011 at 12:14 PM
    Gregero

Gregero TRD: Trail Ready Development

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Carson City, NV
    Vehicle:
    Blue '06 Prerunner TRD Sport
    Debadged Tailgate, TOYOTA logo on Tailgate, Uniden Radio w/ 4' Ant., Removed Sway-Bar, Rear Icon Extended Travel Shocks, 8" King Offroad Shocks, Debadged Doors, 1.25" Rear AllPro Wheel Spacers, 315/70R17 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZs, AllPro Skid Plate, New Car Smell Air Freshener, OMD Ford&Chevy Leaf Pack with Original Main leaf, Engage LT UCAs and LCAs, Engage HD Tie Rod Ends, Kar-Tek Limit Straps, Camber Eliminator Kit, Removed Rear Flares, Blue LED Dome and Map lights, LED License plate lights, Black TRD Sport Rims, 20W PA Speaker, 2 Meter Radio, Demello-like Bed Bar, Harbor Freight Dust Lights, Blacked-out Hood Scoop, Custom Pre-Runner Bumper, JBA Long Tube Headers, MBRP Catback Exhaust, AFE Stage2 CAI, URD MAF Sensor Calibrator
    hahaha I hear you on that one, my friend. My girlfriend and I took out one of her friends who "wanted to go offroading," so I take her to a light trail in Alpine. Immediately she starts asking me to slow down when we start to go nice n fast. I did, so she wouldn't feel too uncomfortable seeing as this was her first time... Then we turned off the main road and hit a hill that put us quite the angle. She freaks out completely and curls up into fetus position as we reach the top and bounce a little. We turn around and see her crying her ass off. Right then we call it a day seeing how the road is going to get a lot crazier later on. I was needing me some trail bad for the next week or so.

3. Oct 12, 2011 at 12:16 PM
    RJALLDAY702

RJALLDAY702 U MAD? OH U MAD

Member:
    First Name:
    RJ
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    2014 Toyota 4Runner
    6" Ruff Country DBL
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

4. Oct 12, 2011 at 12:23 PM
    ninorth

ninorth T-REX

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Yucca Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 Access cab 4x4 off-road
    Ok awesome..

5. Oct 12, 2011 at 12:37 PM
    Anteupp

Anteupp Mega Member

Member:

All of my ex girl friends loved to go offroading and loved everything about it never complained, but its these new chicks i meet and say they want to go on an "adventure" or offroading and what not are the ones who start complaining. Best one i heard from one of them was "stop going over the bumps, their making my boobs hurt" sorry woman aint no turning back with me haha. One of my buddies set me up with a chick who wanted to go shooting, so i was like sure i'll introduce her to guns, gun saftey and all that b/s we get out to my little BLM spot she shoots my XD one time and drops the fucking thing in the dirt after she fires it. After that she says she is to scared to shoot it again or shoot anything else i brought out wtf!

6. Oct 12, 2011 at 12:39 PM
    Anteupp

Anteupp Mega Member

Member:

:D yeah *Cough Cough* my boss would shit a brick if i called in on saturday lol! i'll try to get it covered tonite though, if i can its on!

7. Oct 12, 2011 at 12:40 PM
    RecklessTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Topaz Lake, Nv.
    Vehicle:
    ENGAGE LT KIT, King 2.5x 8" coilovers w/600lb 18"coil springs, a custom built leaf pack in the rear by OMD, and a custom built prerunner bumper by SurfInferno. 35x12.50-17General Grabbers on 17x9 Black MB Wheels rims, Volant CAI w/Amsoil dry filter, Volant Ram Air, Poweraid Throttle body spacer, URD MAF Calibrator, Flowmaster40, Uniden Bearcat cb w/ 4' fire fly firestick antenna, & a Icom V80 Handheld(Modded for race channels)

Well, I got no complaints about my girl or my kids they all love to offroad and they never want to stop! My girl loves the boob bounce!

You need to get you a Bro-Hoe :D

8. Oct 12, 2011 at 1:23 PM
    Gregero

Gregero TRD: Trail Ready Development

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Carson City, NV
    Vehicle:
    Blue '06 Prerunner TRD Sport
    Debadged Tailgate, TOYOTA logo on Tailgate, Uniden Radio w/ 4' Ant., Removed Sway-Bar, Rear Icon Extended Travel Shocks, 8" King Offroad Shocks, Debadged Doors, 1.25" Rear AllPro Wheel Spacers, 315/70R17 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZs, AllPro Skid Plate, New Car Smell Air Freshener, OMD Ford&Chevy Leaf Pack with Original Main leaf, Engage LT UCAs and LCAs, Engage HD Tie Rod Ends, Kar-Tek Limit Straps, Camber Eliminator Kit, Removed Rear Flares, Blue LED Dome and Map lights, LED License plate lights, Black TRD Sport Rims, 20W PA Speaker, 2 Meter Radio, Demello-like Bed Bar, Harbor Freight Dust Lights, Blacked-out Hood Scoop, Custom Pre-Runner Bumper, JBA Long Tube Headers, MBRP Catback Exhaust, AFE Stage2 CAI, URD MAF Sensor Calibrator
    lol and I LOVE watching my girls boobs bounce when hittin the woops. :D Too bad she can't be in my lap...

9. Oct 12, 2011 at 1:31 PM
    jwdearing

jwdearing Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Yucca Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TX Pro DblCab
    I got a stock tx pro you think it would handle the trails y'all are taking?

10. Oct 12, 2011 at 3:05 PM
    RecklessTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Topaz Lake, Nv.
    Vehicle:
    Yup, You'll be just fine!:D

11. Oct 12, 2011 at 3:06 PM
    RecklessTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Topaz Lake, Nv.
    Vehicle:
    What a dirty little mexican you are! Im telling Martha!;)

12. Oct 12, 2011 at 3:12 PM
    jwdearing

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Yucca Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TX Pro DblCab
    @ReckLess Taco - Im not so sure what to think of that smily face right after what you said lol but seriously what all will be entailed

And I woulda quoted your post but I'm on the mobile version on my phone and can't figure out how.... Lame

13. Oct 12, 2011 at 3:17 PM
    RecklessTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Topaz Lake, Nv.
    Vehicle:

Its all good, dont read into it to much it was just a smiley face! I am a prerunner myself and i never put anyone into a situation that they cant handle! We will run some trails through canyons and mud caves and we also wil hit some flat dirt areas as well there will be some difficult stuff as well but you dont have to do the difficult stuff if ya dont want! Are trail runs are allways a great time and no one is left feeling like they didnt accomplish something!

14. Oct 12, 2011 at 3:42 PM
    jwdearing

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Yucca Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TX Pro DblCab
    Sounds like a good time.... Yea I'm new to the whole truck thing....I was building and wrenching on Gondar and acuras for the last 7 years so I know that ish like the back of my hand but with that said it feels great to get back into a forum.... On another note I bought my Tacoma to use it for what it's made for.... Within 5 days of driving it off the lot I took it out and did about 50 miles of trails and brought back nice and dirty with her first scratches all down the sides from bushes..... I'm not afraid to get it dirty or scratched but at the same time it is my daily and I'm not dumb enough to think that it can handle anything or that I have the skills to handle anything.... She's already got over 20k miles on her been in the bodyshop twice :p and I got a fifth TRD beadlock style rim out of it for my spare which is dope.... Anyways with all that said count me in.... I'm looking forward to meeting the guys and gettin into the scene and learning from those with experience in offroading

15. Oct 12, 2011 at 3:42 PM
    jwdearing

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Yucca Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TX Pro DblCab
    Hondas not Gondar stupid autocorrect :p

16. Oct 12, 2011 at 3:45 PM
    jwdearing

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Yucca Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TX Pro DblCab
    Oh and y'all are prolly thinking twice in the bodyshop!!! Already!? Well let's just say so far 2011 is the worst year of my life but hey I'll get into details in person it'll give us somethin to talk about lol

17. Oct 12, 2011 at 4:15 PM
    4WD

4WD cRaZy oLdmAn

Member:
    First Name:
    Doug
    Lakeside, Ca / Gardnerville, Nevada
    Vehicle:
    2004 DC TRD 4x
    Grey wire MOD, deck plate, diff breather MOD, 2nd gen. OME 883# on Tundra 5100's, OMD custom 3" leafsprings, rear shock relocation, Ivan Stewart TRD rims w/285/75/16's, '02 bumper MOD, Famous Fabrications sliders , LED interior/exterior lights, bed bar, Custom tube bumper, Old school KC day lighters,Red Ring 8" HID flood, Kenwood vhf 2M.. umm some other shit I'm forgetting right now
    You guys talk like your still in jr. high

18. Oct 12, 2011 at 4:28 PM
    DP4x4

DP4x4 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2011 White DC SB TRD Offroad 4x4
    AFE Stage II CAI, OME complete 3" lift w/ aal, 285/75/16 BFG AT TA KO, 55w 6000k headlights, 35w 3000k fog lights, Gibson Cat-Back System, Color matched grille, Grillcraft, Black lower valance, Black TRD skid plate
    The List:
    1. Recklesstaco(matt&family)
    2. RJALLDAY702 (RJ & Friend)
    3. Gregero- (Greg) Bailing by 1:30p.m. (I'm on call after that time.)
    4. Csjumper2003(Chris). Will be there bright and early
    5. obanion63 (Arnold?)
    6. nobody4343 (Maybe)
    7. DP4X4 (Daniel)

Let's do this guys!

19. Oct 12, 2011 at 4:38 PM
    jwdearing

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    Yucca Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TX Pro DblCab
    The List:
    5. obanion63 (Arnold?)
    6. nobody4343 (Maybe)
    7. DP4X4 (Daniel)
    8. Jwdearing (Jared)

20. Oct 12, 2011 at 4:43 PM
    David K

David K Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pala Mesa, California
    Vehicle:
    2010 4WD Off Road DC
    Differential Breather Mod Light Bar: 4 Cree LED lamps Bilstein 5100s Ride Rite Air Bags
    The List:
    5. obanion63 (Arnold?)
    6. nobody4343 (Maybe)
    7. DP4X4 (Daniel)
    8. Jwdearing (Jared)
    9. David K

Okay Matt, here's the deal... I am coming from Oceanside, so I am not driving 50 miles to Pine Valley first, I will go straight east from here to Ocotillo Wells or where-ever the meet up is (Hwy. 76 to S-2 to Hwy. 78).

Matt, I will PM you to exchange cell phone info so I can call you if I need to find you guys (if our phones work out there). I have an antique CB I will try and hook up, as well... no guarantees. Anyone else going from Oceanside area, I live on Hwy. 76 near the mission. Doc (Frank) lives right there too... talk him into going guys!

Besides Diablo drop off backwards, I would like to run out to Devil's Slide, which is north and east of the dry lake at Ocotillo Wells, where there is a sand plateau and a neat little steep climb to the top of Squaw Peak (the hill the slide is on).. otherwise, I am game to follow along. The Mud Caves are very near Diablo Drop Off, too.

You Pre-runners: so we don't have top keep pulling you out, bring a tire pump and gauge... lower your pressure and don't get stuck... Get killer tires like Matt has, too! ;):cool:

Products Discussed in

To Top