1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Another round with toyota service... my rant

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by brian, May 18, 2010.

1. May 18, 2010 at 2:27 PM
    brian

brian [OP] Another Traitor

Member:
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2008 F-350 Powerstroke
    So I started getting driveline vibes a few weeks ago, suspected u-joint. Started getting ticking noises on deceleration on Saturday, shake the driveshaft and no play... thinking either carrier or u-joint still.

Make appt on monday.

Take truck in on Tuesday, she's squealin by then...

drop off at 11am. Verified noises and managed to pinpoint a bad u-joint by not being 'centered' on the caps.

Get call at 3PM saying they couldn't reproduce the problem anymore and basically I'm a liar kinda attitude. They requested '1 hr labor charge' since they wouldn't know if it would be warranty anymore.

Called back at 4:30, guess what it was... center U-joint! Idiots. Warrantied.

Drive home at 5PM, feeling driveline vibes at 60mph still. I get home and investigate only to find what I already knew. They installed the two driveshafts 180 out! All my zirc fittings were aligned previous, now I have one at every 90 deg going back. IDIOTS!!!!!

I really HATE to have to call them again to fix this, but its a nuisance light vibe at 60 and its obvious why it happened. WHY ARE PEOPLE SUCH IDIOTS?! I thought Toyota techs are supposed to be ASE? This is elementary mechanics here.

2. May 18, 2010 at 3:45 PM
    Nirvana

Nirvana I don't need you to tell me how good my coffee is

Member:
    First Name:
    Kris
    Bay Area, U.S.A
    Vehicle:
    2006 Off Road 4X4
    Icon ext. travel 2.5RR in front, Icon ext. travel 2.0RR in rear, BuiltRight uniball UCAs, Wheelers Superbumps, Goodridge steel braided brake lines, BruteForce front plate bumper w/ Warn M9000+synth line, 285/70R16 KM2s on painted stockers...because I'm not paying $800 to rock rash new wheels you scrubs. Shok Industries 2/0 big 4 upgrade and sound deadener.
    Sorry to hear that man, time is money in the auto repair business. Hopefully whoever screwed it up will figure it out when you bring it back.

3. May 18, 2010 at 3:47 PM
    tacomakid96

tacomakid96 Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    Out n' about
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma
    Airbags, Projectors, Bilsteins front and rear, FM 50 series, URD clutch/TOB, Leer canopy, 265/75/16 Duratrac's...
    That is absolutly pathetic.

4. May 20, 2010 at 8:29 AM
    brian

brian [OP] Another Traitor

Member:
    Elizabeth City, NC
    Vehicle:
    2008 F-350 Powerstroke

Everything was covered, and I'm at 76k miles... :) Works quite well actually.

5. May 20, 2010 at 8:42 AM
    BlueT

BlueT Well-Known Member

Member:
    NorthEast
    Vehicle:
    07 Dbl Cab LB with LSD
    I moded 1999 Taco so much it had turned to Land Cruiser
    Call them and make sure you request shaft balance now... Also take pictures for reference, and call Toyota customer service if service gives you problems.

To Top