1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Another Walmart story

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by T-Rex266, Apr 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apr 14, 2011 at 5:39 PM
    Jerry Bear

Jerry Bear Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Mesquite, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2010 Access Cab
    tint, topper, receiver hitch, trailer wiring, topper lighting, cruise control, intermittent wipers, backup camera, auto-dim mirror
    The situation was handled correctly.

Jump on it while it was moving? The risk was too great. You shouldn't risk much just to save property, and only property was in danger.

Shoot out the tires? Bullets could bounce off and cause injury or more damage. It would take a long time for the rear tires to go flat enough to stop the tractor, if it did stop. In the meantime, one or more tires going flat would change the direction of movement, possibly sending the tractor somewhere worse, like onto the highway or straight through the wall into the Wal-Mart. Same thing applies to spike strips.

Park something in front of it? OK, let's use your Tacoma or your 18-wheeler.

Sometimes the best thing to do is wait, and that was the case here. However, if things had been a little different, then more immediate action could have been needed.

2. Apr 14, 2011 at 6:07 PM
    ink junky

ink junky I love tacos too!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    TACO LOVER
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 trd off road DC,
    Aero turbine 2525, Snorkel, AFE pro dry drop in filter, BFG 33s, spydertraxwheel spacers :/. Debadged, rebadged black, TW sticker :D, bed lights, rod holders, OEM roof rack, Complete OME lift, bed lined fenders. Armor Tech Off road wrap around HC rear bumper w/ tire carrier swing out. Relentless front aluminum bumper. Le Devil Horns (_)
    derp that cookie monster got me laughing...

Then I read your post and was :rofl:

3. Apr 14, 2011 at 6:08 PM
    MountainEarth

MountainEarth Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD OR Access
    Leer 100XR Shell, BedRug mat - comfy sleeping, GT Covers microfiber seat covers, BFG All Terrains 265/70r16, Dashmat, Antennax 13" shorty antenna, Weathertech liners, Ultra Gauge, Avid Light Bar, PIAA 520 ATPs, one old dog
    You're all firefighter, man. Me ... I'm a pussy. You don't time it right, and miss that step up, and go under that rear wheel, you're fucked. Better a couple cars than my body. I would have just watched on that one .. though had it been my truck out there, I sure as hell would have retrieved it. :)

But I do find the whole 'YouTube' gonna-get-me-a-viral-video-at-all-costs BS pretty repulsive though. There was a kid in Colorado who just parlayed his video of a pileup of cars on an icy street into enough money to pay for college. Nice to cash in, but there were plenty of people asking "why the hell was he taping, and not out in the street warning people?" That's a good question.

4. Apr 14, 2011 at 6:16 PM
    paintdiddy

paintdiddy Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    For all the wanna be Heros here. Why the fuck would I risk my life for some stupid tractor that doesn't belong to me or on my property?easier said than done to jump in tractor and stop it.one slip off the step or door handle and that rear tire is fucking your shit up.I'll just sit back and watch it do donuts and you retards try and be super heroes.

5. Apr 14, 2011 at 6:53 PM
    capetaco12

capetaco12 .<>./

Member:
    Cleveland Ledge, MA
    Vehicle:
    Sold: 33's,armor,crawler,dents, ect. 2020 Gladiator
    OME lift CBI sliders, front bumper homemade rear bumper 33x12.50 m/t Gears Aussie locker inchworm crawlbox Homemade flat belly
    I would love to be the guy with the remote control driving it:D

6. Apr 14, 2011 at 7:25 PM
    topgun155

topgun155 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Richmond, TX
    Vehicle:
    2018 F-150 5.0
    RIP to my 08 Prerunner DC

If you watch it until the end a big guy runs and jumps on it right before it finally crashes for good. It is Canada lots of people probably have 2 cars a good one for Summer and a shitty one for Winter. Throw the crappy one in there slow it down and turn it off. What it that thing had punched through the wall at walmart building collapse or crushing customers on the other side. What if the wheel turned itself and ran into the highway infront of a car of kids. I'm saying take control while you have the chance. I don't know how long this was happening or anything, and I'm not saying chuck a nice car there. But people should act rather than wait for the worst.

7. Apr 15, 2011 at 9:59 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    there's the obvious physical danger, but everyone seems to forget the legal danger. lets just say i jumped in there to stop it. I'm not familiar with tractors so it takes a few seconds to get my bearings. while i'm trying to figure out where the controls are (have you ever tried turning the headlights on in a car you're not familiar with?) i hit a car or God forbid a person. guess who was driving the tractor at the time of the accident. now to a logical reasonable person, i would not blame me for the incident. but then again, a reasonable logical person knows that coffee from mcdonalds is hot, but that didn't keep that dumb bitch from getting over a million dollars for spilling coffee on herself. so lets say the owner of the car i hit or the family of the person i hit tries to sue the tractor owner and they are unsuccessful. Who do you think the next person they take to court will be? I'm not saying its right, but unfortunately we live in a world where the legal system makes it safer to not intervene, than to try to help.

8. Apr 15, 2011 at 10:07 AM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    Anybody ever seen Maximum Overdrive.....

9. Apr 15, 2011 at 10:09 AM
    topgun155

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Richmond, TX
    Vehicle:
    2018 F-150 5.0
    I understand what you are saying, but it was traveling slower than that fat guy could run. It isn't that hard to grab the steering wheel and steer while looking for brakes or a key at slow speeds. Also this is in Canada not sure how stuff like this plays out there.

10. Apr 15, 2011 at 10:45 AM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    yeah, i know what you're saying. if i had to i'm sure i could jump in and figure shit out while steering and not hit anything. but on the off chance you did hit something (for all we know the tractor is going berzerk because the brakes failed) i'd hate to be sued for trying to help. this world has made me extremely cynical.

11. Apr 15, 2011 at 11:03 AM
    Ted Nugent

Ted Nugent Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    NEPA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Reg cab 4x4
    Really though how the hell did this happen did the driver just jump out?

12. Apr 15, 2011 at 11:07 AM
    topgun155

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Richmond, TX
    Vehicle:
    2018 F-150 5.0
    There is probably a clutch lock or something like that on big tractors. It must have come off. I think most tractors only have idle and full boar. This is to help run the equipment they are pulling at full power while the tractor is at low speeds. You control speed with the clutch.

13. Apr 15, 2011 at 11:08 AM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    haha! after reading that i'm pretty sure if i tried to intervene Walmart would have a new door

14. Apr 15, 2011 at 11:14 AM
    topgun155

Member:
    First Name:
    Zack
    Richmond, TX
    Vehicle:
    2018 F-150 5.0
    I'm still shocked it didn't go through the wall. That thing is probably like 8-10 tons. Htting the building with that big ram. I figured it would have broke through.

Haha I can just picture a Joe Dirt moment getting in there and not knowing what to do and just tearing shit up.

15. Apr 15, 2011 at 11:33 AM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    haha! great movie. i was also surprised there wasn't more damage to the wall.

16. Apr 16, 2011 at 5:48 PM
    bhh2000

bhh2000 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Santa Rosa
    Vehicle:
    2016 DCLB TRD 4X4
    This is why Walmart doesn't sell tractors in the us, they tried in Canada and it didn't work out........... lol!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top