1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

another wheel spacing question

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by moto932, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Nov 13, 2011 at 7:31 PM
    moto932

moto932 [OP] What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Dayton, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    04 TRD Off Road
    Basically stock. OME 882s, HD Dakars and nitrochrgers, TG front bumper, custom rear bumper, 4Xinnovations sliders, RAT skids, Softopper, 255/85/16 ST MAXX's on 16" steelies, 1" B.O.R.A. wheel spacers Scangaugae II, deck plate mod, grey wire mod,ECGS bushing, diff breather relocation, alarm mod, defrost w/o compressor mod, de-badged, sockmonkey beside decals.
    im kind of ignorant when it come to wheel and spacing so here it goes. i have second gen sport wheels with 265/70's(nearly an inch taller than stock) on my 1st gen and just installed 5100's set @1.25". right now i have a 1/4" at most between the tires and uca's. the way the camber is after the install, it looks like when i get it aligned, the tire will be rubbing the uca. at stock height my tires were rubbing the frame at full lock. what r my options? spacers will make the frame rubbing worse right?

2. Nov 13, 2011 at 7:35 PM
    TexasTacoma37

TexasTacoma37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    The second gen sports wheels have one more inch of backspacing than the 1st gen wheels, putting them closer to the uca, so this isn't surprising. A 1" wheel spacer will solve your issues.

3. Nov 13, 2011 at 7:42 PM
    moto932

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Dayton, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    04 TRD Off Road
    Basically stock. OME 882s, HD Dakars and nitrochrgers, TG front bumper, custom rear bumper, 4Xinnovations sliders, RAT skids, Softopper, 255/85/16 ST MAXX's on 16" steelies, 1" B.O.R.A. wheel spacers Scangaugae II, deck plate mod, grey wire mod,ECGS bushing, diff breather relocation, alarm mod, defrost w/o compressor mod, de-badged, sockmonkey beside decals.
    thanks keith! it will make my rubbing worse though right? which is ok with me since clearing the uca is more of an issue.

4. Nov 13, 2011 at 7:43 PM
    moto932

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Dayton, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    04 TRD Off Road
  5. Nov 13, 2011 at 7:46 PM
    TexasTacoma37

TexasTacoma37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    I wouldn't expect you to have much rubbing with that size once the tires get pushed out a little.

Products Discussed in

To Top