1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Antique Texas plate want to mount to the front of my Tacoma (2020)

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by Michaelsh, May 23, 2020.

1. May 24, 2020 at 7:58 PM
    shakerhood

shakerhood Well-Known Member

Member:
    Southern Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM DCSB Off Road, 6 Speed MT, P&T
    I already yanked the front plate off my truck, so happy we are doing away with them.

2. May 24, 2020 at 8:35 PM
    Taco_mike73

Taco_mike73 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    York, PA
    Vehicle:
    2020 Cement SR5 DCSB 4x4
    Lomax tonneau cover, oem bed lights, AJT Design chrome delete, black out badges & tailgate letters, AVS hood deflector & vent visors, Solkie tech hood supports, interior LED lights, Tufskinz mud guards, RedArc TowPro Liberty, bed mat, kicker speaker upgrade, Hikari ultra H11 low beams, Diode Dynamics SS3 fogs in yellow, Meso customs total taillight stage 1. Coming soon: Compact powered sub install Future mods planned: bigger tires (265/75/16) BILLSTIEN 5100 lift
    I have a few old Pennsylvania Bicentennial plates and some other older style Pennsylvania plates. I've thought about one putting on the front. I think they are all the same as modern plates since all PA plates since 1956 except motorcycles are 6x12 inches. It should mount fine on the front.

Last edited: May 24, 2020
    shakerhood likes this.
  3. May 24, 2020 at 8:43 PM
    shakerhood

shakerhood Well-Known Member

Member:
    Southern Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM DCSB Off Road, 6 Speed MT, P&T
    I remember those plates, pretty cool.

Taco_mike73[QUOTED] likes this.
  4. May 25, 2020 at 8:45 AM
    mjanmohammad

mjanmohammad Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Moe
    TX requires a front plate, and it has to be a legal front plate.

In 10 years I've never had a front plate on any of my cars, and never been ticketed for it.

5. May 25, 2020 at 10:58 AM
    Taco_mike73

Taco_mike73 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    York, PA
    Vehicle:
    2020 Cement SR5 DCSB 4x4
    Lomax tonneau cover, oem bed lights, AJT Design chrome delete, black out badges & tailgate letters, AVS hood deflector & vent visors, Solkie tech hood supports, interior LED lights, Tufskinz mud guards, RedArc TowPro Liberty, bed mat, kicker speaker upgrade, Hikari ultra H11 low beams, Diode Dynamics SS3 fogs in yellow, Meso customs total taillight stage 1. Coming soon: Compact powered sub install Future mods planned: bigger tires (265/75/16) BILLSTIEN 5100 lift
    If you are not in a state that requires a front plate I think that you can put almost what you want on the front as long as it's not a valid plate in another state. Of course it might get weird if you use a plate of current design and then went to the state that issued it, they might think it was an expired registration.
    Best advice is if police give you any trouble take it off and display it in you garage or man cave.

That said for antique and some and classic cars Pennsylvania let's you apply to use a Pennsylvania plate from the year of manufacturer as the official registration plate. That's kind of cool but doesn't apply to modern cars.

Michaelsh[OP] and shakerhood like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top