1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Any 2009-2010 Corolla reviews?

Discussion in 'General Automotive' started by The tacoman, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Oct 21, 2010 at 6:13 PM
    himmie

himmie No.

Member:
    First Name:
    Sarah
    AZ-WI
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Yes.
    Don't forget about the XRS, it has a 2.4...not just a little 1.8 :)

2. Oct 21, 2010 at 10:10 PM
    Krazie Sj

Krazie Sj Resident Jackass

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    Bugger is too wordy and superfluous with his sentences and descriptions. I shouldn't need a french dictionary to read a car review.

And his description that Tundra's are modeled after Fords? Where the fuck did that come from?

Additionally, no Corolla's are not sporty. All the S does is give you fancy stick on 3M skirt, a spoiler and stiffer suspension. I was really chuffed to see that they didn't do shit with the engine. I mean come on Toyota, take a page from Honda's book here.

3. Oct 22, 2010 at 4:37 AM
    jandrews

jandrews Hootin' and Hollerin'

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    Sajeev is relatively obtuse with his words, but the reviews are still the fairest.

The 1st gen Tundra was ABSOLUTELY designed as a doppleganger to the pre-Aero F-150s. Sit 'em beside one another. But looks are only a part of the equation.

4. Oct 22, 2010 at 9:38 PM
    Krazie Sj

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Borla Catback Exhaust, Snorkel, 33s on either 16's or 18's, ARB Bumper, All Pro LT w/Walker Evan Shocks front and back, All Pro expedition leaf pack, 10,000lb Superwinch, Intake Manifold Spacer, Bed Rack with ARB RTT, Rotopack and Hi Lift mounted, Husky Liner mats and an air freshener from 1995.
    It's the style of the time. That was the era of trucks. Rounded fronts with small lights.

5. Oct 23, 2010 at 8:00 AM
    jandrews

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    A-TRUCK, Fat Kid in the Bed, Custom Pinstriping, Ported and Polished Muffler Bearing, Hi-Performance Bed Mat
    It's the style of the time because the F-150 sells like crazy.

There's a reason new Accords are a pastiche of BMW sedans, and a reason Ford's new overseas ranger apes the Hilux in appearance. Auto-companies regularly style, not-so-subtly, after the most successful model in a given market.

6. Oct 23, 2010 at 9:25 AM
    Krazie Sj

Member:
    First Name:
    Power Serge
    LV-426 (Acheron)
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off Road 4x4
    Except he was talking about the new Tundras.

7. Oct 23, 2010 at 7:22 PM
    jandrews

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
  8. Oct 24, 2010 at 7:04 AM
    shampoop

shampoop Well-Known Member

Member:
    southwest WA
    Vehicle:
    08 tacoma extracab v6 auto trd offroad 4x4
    Corollas always have been and probably always will be a good buy. If someone's looking to buy a car in the same category as a corolla, just get one. Stupid reliable, great gas mileage. good quality.

9. Oct 24, 2010 at 7:13 AM
    jandrews

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    Fixt. The interior is certainly not giving the Germans any worries. But then even the germans these days aren't really giving themselves any worries (See: the new, more plasticky VW Jetta), so maybe it has stepped up from middling by default.

10. Oct 24, 2010 at 8:47 AM
    shampoop

Member:
    southwest WA
    Vehicle:
    i consider quality as to be parts lasting and looking nice for the life of the vehicle. not nice like VW/Audis where they start peeling and falling apart after a year (without abuse) even though they use "nicer" materials. And there are no german cars that compare to a corolla anyway.

11. Oct 24, 2010 at 8:51 AM
    jandrews

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 FourDubDee TRD OR
    Yer thinkin' reliability and durability. Slightly different, but a lot of people confuse reliability (lack of breakage), durability (long wear time), and quality. It's easy to do, as they play into one another.

And I agree about the german makes not standing the test of time. The materials aren't as nice in Jap cars, but they're definitely screwed together better.

12. Oct 24, 2010 at 8:58 AM
    HBMurphy

HBMurphy Ban Pending

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    So California Coast
    Vehicle:
    09 Off Road Delete Model
    None
  13. Oct 30, 2010 at 4:23 PM
    shampoop

Member:
    southwest WA
    Vehicle:
    i guess you're technically right. I however don't care how "nice" a particular material is. If it fails within a few years, i consider that to be a quality fault in my mind. I think that for any particular material to be considered "high quality" it must also meet a certain standard for durability.

That's why i would say that if someone were to make the statement "Some volkswagens are nice, except they're low quality pieces of shit." They would be correct. :D

Products Discussed in

To Top