1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Any Chemists or Scientists out there?

Discussion in 'Jobs & Careers' started by Cxavier2206, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Jul 28, 2018 at 11:58 AM
    HSmith_11

HSmith_11 Tacoma Enthusiast

Member:
    First Name:
    Hunter
    Madison, Va
    Vehicle:
    2001 Ext Cab SR5 4x4 MT
    5100/OME 881s 1.5" Progressive AAL 33x12.50X15 KO2s
    I don’t have a job yet, or any credentials for that matter, but I’m majoring in Chemistry this upcoming fall. I plan on doing dentistry (my dad owns a dentist office in or small town, works 4 days a week, has 2 hour lunches, and funds all of our hobbies, so it seems like a no-brainer for me since I’m also a very detail-oriented person).

My gf is majoring in Biology this fall planning to be a pharmacist. My mom had some influence, she’s a pharmacist, as well other people she knew. She’s always talks about how it’s a great job for women and it also pays well with many opportunities. She recently got an offer from Walmart with a sign-on bonus of like half a salary or something cause they’re in so much need of pharmacists, but she still works for our counties small drug store once a week and runs the business side of my dad’a dental office. (Both of my parents were also Chemistry majors)

Cxavier2206[OP] and SC2SC like this.
  2. Jul 28, 2018 at 12:17 PM
    Cxavier2206

Cxavier2206 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Christopher
    Bristol,Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma TRD off road magnetic gray
    That’s a great career choice. Dentistry is very lucrative when you build your practice up.
    The local Walmart pharmacists start out making $125k in my area which is outstanding money for the area considering the median home price is $125k.
    There isn’t much to do in this area but the low cost of living is one of the positives of living here.

3. Jul 28, 2018 at 12:22 PM
    HSmith_11

HSmith_11 Tacoma Enthusiast

Member:
    First Name:
    Hunter
    Madison, Va
    Vehicle:
    2001 Ext Cab SR5 4x4 MT
    5100/OME 881s 1.5" Progressive AAL 33x12.50X15 KO2s
    I figured it would be even better since I would already have an office, with older equipment so I would have to replace it, but I wouldn’t have to worry as much about getting patients. When I was younger I assumed my dad would just hand it all over to me, but now I realize that it is part of his retirement funds so I’ll be forking over some cash, over time that is.

To Top