1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Any DBT fans on TW?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by jeverich, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Jun 4, 2012 at 9:58 PM
    jeverich

jeverich [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    PNW/Kodiak
    Vehicle:
    07 2.7 4x4
    OME 886/Old Man Doug Suspension Lift, ARB Bumper, Bruteforce High Clearance w/Swing Out, De-badge, Block Heater, Homemade IFS Skid, 7" Kragens, Blue Seas Fuse Block, BlitzPro Fogs, 12k BadLands Winch, BAMF Sliders, ARB Locker, 4.88s Yaesu FT-1900R, Larsen 150B NMO Mount Antenna
    Any Drive By Truckers fans out there?

Found 'em about three years ago, had at least one of their albums in the truck at all times since then.

Southern Rock Opera is my personal favorite.

Side note - my apologies for polluting off topic with a couple of asshat threads later...didn't get the ban hammer so all is good. Won't happen again.

2. Jun 5, 2012 at 4:41 AM
    05 TRD Sport

05 TRD Sport She's Fat, I'm Drunk, It's On.

Member:
    30 minutes south of Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    Red Prerunner AC
    It's got 350 heads on a 305 engine, I get 10 miles to the gallon, I ain't got no good intention...

3. Jun 5, 2012 at 5:19 AM
    hendooman

hendooman The Stroker Ace

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    KC
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma OR (SOLD); 2015 TRD PRO 4Runner
    Toytec TRD PRO LIFT with 1.5 SAW in rear, 255 Coopers, Baja Rack, Southern Style Front Bumper, Warn Wireless Winch, DeMello Sliders.
    Lots of DBT fans on here. Myself and Tigerfan might be the two biggest. I have seen them about 7 x over the last couple years. Pretty easy to do around where I live, now Alaska you are going to need to do some traveling to see the Rock Show! Favorite song of the moment is "World of Hurt" been digging that one a lot, and "Aftermath USA".

4. Jun 5, 2012 at 9:06 AM
    DawsonvilleDave

DawsonvilleDave Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    North Georgia
    Vehicle:
    '11 PreRunner 4.0-V6 (TRD)
    Westin Black Nerf Bars, Westin Bull bar
    Umm....yeah. My favorite! Seen them 4 times at the 40 Watt in Athens and once at the Georgia Theatre.

5. Jun 5, 2012 at 7:14 PM
    hendooman

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    KC
    Vehicle:
    Toytec TRD PRO LIFT with 1.5 SAW in rear, 255 Coopers, Baja Rack, Southern Style Front Bumper, Warn Wireless Winch, DeMello Sliders.
    How could I have forgot about dawsonvilledave? He's got the Cooley bird on his avatar! :rockband:
    Oh the 40 WATT, the Mecca of all DBT venues nice...I would like to do that in 2013.

Any of you guys ever check out the forums at 3DD? Good band related forum, I have the same username there.

6. Jun 5, 2012 at 8:03 PM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    40watt is where it's at!

I have every one of their albums, and several venue flyers from their shows...i'm pretty sure Hendoo has some fancy DBT beer glasses haha

Seen them more times than I can count (pretty much anytime they come nearby up until the last couple of years where work has gotten in the way)

7. Jun 5, 2012 at 8:31 PM
    hendooman

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    KC
    Vehicle:

There's Jeff! I knew he would sniff this one out! I do have some sweet glasses, drank 2 vodka/Tonics tonight out of one!

Thinking about these Georgia Theater shows in August, I have a couple southwest vouchers...hmmm

8. Jun 5, 2012 at 9:46 PM
    jeverich

jeverich [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    PNW/Kodiak
    Vehicle:
    07 2.7 4x4
    OME 886/Old Man Doug Suspension Lift, ARB Bumper, Bruteforce High Clearance w/Swing Out, De-badge, Block Heater, Homemade IFS Skid, 7" Kragens, Blue Seas Fuse Block, BlitzPro Fogs, 12k BadLands Winch, BAMF Sliders, ARB Locker, 4.88s Yaesu FT-1900R, Larsen 150B NMO Mount Antenna
    Had Brightet Than Creations dark turned up loud on the way back from the boat today. Something about DBT just feels good to roll your windows down and play it loud after a long day at work.

Yeah, living in Kodiak puts a damper on seeing live music. A road trip down to one of their shows would be f'n epic.

Anybody have any stickers laying around? Grab one at their next show for me? Got smoked salmon and halibut...oh, and black cod too!

9. Jun 6, 2012 at 1:35 AM
    JimBeam

JimBeam BECAUSE INTERNETS!! Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    JB
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
  10. Jun 6, 2012 at 6:26 AM
    hendooman

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    KC
    Vehicle:
    Sweet, I love the rail spots, I always go Cooley side, Patterson throws a lot of spit and sweat!

I would say that the Holy Trinity of SRO, DD, TDS are my favorites but Pizza Deliverence and Gangstabilly are so good. I am a huge fan of all of it, I really enjoy the newer stuff as well with a little bit of that soul mix. Don't forget Pattersons solo record is coming out within the next 60 days, should be a good one, his last one was great.

11. Jun 6, 2012 at 7:35 AM
    DawsonvilleDave

DawsonvilleDave Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    North Georgia
    Vehicle:
    '11 PreRunner 4.0-V6 (TRD)
    Westin Black Nerf Bars, Westin Bull bar
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pictures from The grand re-opening of the Georgia Theater in Athens. The pics are blurry as hell due to PBR (a bunch of it)... :headbang:

12. Jul 7, 2012 at 9:44 AM
    jgwheeler17

jgwheeler17 I'm a zit. Get it?

Member:
    NC
    Vehicle:
    07 Double Cab TRD Off-Road 4x4
    neglect, mostly.
    missed this thread. love DBT :rockband:

seen them live and actually have had all their tunes on shuffle in the truck over the past day.

big fan of Isbell's stuff too.

13. Jul 7, 2012 at 7:30 PM
    TNDrew

TNDrew Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Chattanooga, TN
    Vehicle:
    '12 Reg Cab 4x4 Silver
    WeatherTech DigitalFit Liners, Bench Seat Angle Fixed, Fog Lights (Nokya 2500k HyperYellow bulbs), aFe ProDry drop in, DeeZee bed mat, UWS black low pro tool box, Marathon Seat Covers (ordered should arrive mid-May). iSimple iPod adapter, Blacked out badges, SockMonkey WhiteTail Toyota Horns decal, LED Dome and License Plate Lights (LEDSolutions), Black Headlight Mod,
    They are playing the Southern Brewers Festival here in Chattanooga in August along with PGroove. Its a really cool setup of beer and tunes, doesnt get much better than that! I suggest using the vouchers and checking out the river city!

Decoration Day is a solid album. I like Go Go Boots a lot as well. Pulaski is fast becoming one of my all time favorites tracks.

Products Discussed in

To Top