1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Any drop in no mod speakers out there?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by 06SR54X4BLUE, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Sep 2, 2011 at 2:33 PM
    06SR54X4BLUE

06SR54X4BLUE [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Al
    Ontario Canada
    Vehicle:
    06 SR5 4X4 V6 ACCESS CAB
    LED Tails, TRD Grille, Painted Heads, Fog Lights, 17" limited 4runner rims, New BFG's, DD Kenwood Deck, Image Dynamics Coax, and Components in Doors, Sound Ordnance Sub. Pioneer 4 channel amp, Fat Matted doors, Weather Tech Mats, Bed Mat
    I have a 06 SR5 4X4 Access Cab with the 6 speaker set up. i m looking to find a OEM non JBL 6DC WMA/MP3 HU, and upgrade my door speakers with components in front doors and some sort of rear speaker that has more than normal bass. I know a sub would do the trick but i have no room with all the stuff i throw back there on trips up north. Any help would be great. Cheers Al

2. Sep 2, 2011 at 2:42 PM
    whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Christian
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Vehicle:
    10 MGM TRD OR 4wd Auto DCSB
    Banks Monster Exhaust, Pop n Lock tailgate lock, Hook-Ups tie down brackets, USA Spec Ipod adaptor, WO seat covers, color matched grill with Grillcraft insert, Tuffy locking bed box
    6X9s in the front will provide adequate bass. I believe JL Audio has 6X9 components. You will need adapters though or you can make your own from the stock stuff like others do. The problem nwo is that the stock headunit will not provide enough power for the new speakers so they will not sound good.

To Top