1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Any Honda UTV owners?

Discussion in 'All Terrain Vehicles' started by AzogSS, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Jan 8, 2012 at 1:07 PM
    AzogSS

AzogSS [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Soda City, SC
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma / 2011 FJC
    Moving onto some land, selling the Harley and looking to get a Honda Big Red for trails and some farm work. Just seeing if someone else on TW has any experience with one. I've researched other brands and I'm not thrilled with all the CVT trannnys on the other ones.

2. Jan 9, 2012 at 7:01 AM
    AzogSS

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Soda City, SC
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma / 2011 FJC
    Bump. Anyone?

3. Jan 9, 2012 at 7:48 AM
    Southern01Taco

Southern01Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Holden, La
    Vehicle:
    01 V6 4x4 Xtra Cab SR5
    My dad and I are looking into getting a side x side soon. We have looked at and drove just about every one of them and so far we are down to either a Big Red or a Rhino. We are leaning more towards the rhino because it is smaller, has bucket seats and the aftermarket is larger. The ride quality's are close to the same. The Honda is just a little too bulky for what we are going to be using it for, which is mostly hunting. If we were going to be buying something for around the house, it would be the honda, hands down. We still might end up with the honda, if we can find a good deal on one. The automatic transmission, in my opinion, is superior to all of the belt drives. Also all of the 4-wheelers we have ever owned was honda's, so we know that the motors are trustworthy.

4. Jan 9, 2012 at 10:04 AM
    AzogSS

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Soda City, SC
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma / 2011 FJC
    True. The lack of belt drive and being a Honda are the things I like. Aftermarket is larger on other SxS but seems like enough is out there for me. Thanks for the input, I'll go drive one when I am back stateside.

5. Jan 9, 2012 at 10:20 AM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    i hear allot of great things about them! the honda and yamaha dealer we go to. said they are great and they don’t see them come back and need allot of major work. it is a honda after al. we got the rhino to do some yard work but also take to the mountains and ride. i think they top out at like 30mph? i’m not sure tho. rhino is a really good SXS have had it over a year and i beat the hell out of it. i have had it stuck in the pond and about 4” of water inside the cab. i have jumped it at like 35mph. i have hauled more than what it says you can. the bed is rated at 400 pounds i had 550 in it and the shocks wear still about 1” to 2” from bottoming out. i hit a tree with it. and like 28mph. it broke the tree. the big red is rated to tow and haul more in the bed. for the money i don’t know what better of a machine their is. everyone says rhino suck. blah blah. but yeah the 700cc tops out at 41/42 mph and not 65mph. but it can do allot more stuff. like haul fire wood dirt/sand.

6. Jan 9, 2012 at 4:16 PM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    oh and personally i think yamaha has done a great job on designing their CVT trans on the rhino(and grizzly) i have never felt or noticed it slip at all.

To Top