1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

any ideas

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Manofs, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Jan 11, 2009 at 6:22 PM
    Manofs

Manofs [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    So, i had this really long trip from san antonio to lubbock tx, and needless to say sitting the same way in my truck was not very comfortable after 5 hours. So i needed to change my posture. In doing so, i placed all my weight on my elbow which was laying on the driverside arm rest on the door, then i heard a snap. i basically created a nice little crack down the arm rest. Its just a matter of time till it starts to work its ways through the cloth. Does anyone have any ideas of how to fix this little problem. I was thinking of replacing the arm rest and trying to find one at a junk yard or something. The only problem i am having is, i am not sure if i can replace just the arm rest or the entire inside panel. does anyone know?? any other ideas would be much appreciated also.

2. Jan 11, 2009 at 6:49 PM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    12 Tundra TRDRW
    Nada, Zip, Zilch, Nothing
    :eek: damn, how much weight were you putting on that thing?!?!?

A fix is going to depend on how you want it to look and how much you want to spend.

Ugly & Cheap = Superglue in the crack to *try* to stop the spread of the crack.

Nice & Expensive = order a new door panel / arm rest. Maybe check a junkyard or two...

3. Jan 11, 2009 at 6:50 PM
    jdkeller

jdkeller How many words can be fit in this s

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    my buddy has an 05 tacoma xrunner and his did the same thing. He took it into the dealer and they fixed it for free. I think he did it while it was still under warranty though. So maybe give a dealer a call and see if they can do it. Try updating your infor under your name so we can know what year and model you have. That will help you in the future. good luck

4. Jan 11, 2009 at 7:36 PM
    sch0enne

sch0enne Well-Known Member

Member:
    penticton British Columbia Canada
    Vehicle:
    03 Tacoma TRD
    bed lights, cobra 19 dx cb radio, flow pro muffler
    the cloth armrest is held on by about 10 plastic rivets that you can see when you take the whole panel off. there is a leather armrest mod on here that you can see how its taken off. i dont see the dealer being able to get ahold of just the armrest part of it . more likely you would have to get the whole door panel from them.

5. Jan 11, 2009 at 7:40 PM
    PatHLC128

PatHLC128 College.

Member:
    First Name:
    Pat
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road 4x4 AC
    OME complete 3" kit, 265/75/16 Cooper STTs, Pro Comp 7089 wheels, Shrockworks sliders, UWS Low Pro Toolbox, AFE Pro-Dry S, OEM Bedmat, Ventvisors, Husky Liners, Tint, De-badged
    stop drill the crack with a small drill bit

6. Jan 12, 2009 at 8:21 AM
    jeremy_283

jeremy_283 Super Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Offroad Access Cab 4x4 Auto 4.0L
    Hella Rallye 4000 Cornering Lights PIAA 510 Fog Lights All Pro Front Bumper All Pro Rear Bumper All Pro Transfer Case Skid All Pro IFS Skid All Pro Rock Sliders All Pro High Clearance Hitch OME Dakar Leaf Springs OME Rear Shocks OME Front Shocks OME 885 Front Coils Wet Okole Seat Covers WeatherTech Floor Liners Sony Head Unit JL XD600/1 Amp 2 JL Audio 10” Subwoofers Custom Subwoofer Enclosure Kenwood Front Speakers Sony Rear Speakers Sound Deadening Mats LED Interior Lighting Pop N’ Lock Tailgate Lock Viper Alarm System Extra D-Rings In Truck Bed Maglite Seat Mount Disable Seatbelt Chime Rear Differential Breather Relocation Hi-Lift Bed Mount Flexible Front Mud Flaps 110v Inverter Always At 400w ABS Kill Switch Locking Center Console Removed Sway Bar
    and if u dont get what hes saying... he means drill each end of the crack... like i guess it dissipates... or some shit or somthing... real SMALL drill bit though

7. Jan 12, 2009 at 9:32 AM
    PatHLC128

PatHLC128 College.

Member:
    First Name:
    Pat
    Austin, TX
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road 4x4 AC
    OME complete 3" kit, 265/75/16 Cooper STTs, Pro Comp 7089 wheels, Shrockworks sliders, UWS Low Pro Toolbox, AFE Pro-Dry S, OEM Bedmat, Ventvisors, Husky Liners, Tint, De-badged
    yeah i shoulda specified, use a very small drill bit to drill the ends of the crack. it makes the ends of the crack round and smooth and makes it less likely to spread.

To Top