1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Any interest in joining me for a White Rim rd run 12/17 or 18

Discussion in 'Moab' started by dfelz, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Dec 13, 2016 at 10:13 AM
    dfelz

dfelz [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oceanside, CA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Inferno DCLB TDR OR 4x4
    ill be going to canyonlands NP this upcoming weekend 12/17 &/or 12/18 and would like to do the white rim rd trail. It's not supposed to snow or rain in the days leading up and will be sunny/overcast over the weekend but a little cold, high of 35 or so. Will need to request a day use permit online 24 hr in advance or more, but the permit is free. Must also pay park entrance, I have annual pass so I'm not sure what it cost, but it can't be much.

The plan would be to meet at the island view visitor center at around 8/9am and take the trail all the way to the end where it exits the park, from there I will be doing some free camping right along the river on BLM land just a few miles past the park exit. If you didn't want to camp it's just 12 mi from there on an easy 2wd dirt road to highway 313. This is an all day trail since it is around 80mi. It's a good introduction to 4wd off-roading (that's what nps website says, I have personally never done the trail). Should be some great views of the park that you can't get otherwise.

If you have an interest in joining please respond here or PM me.

Also if anyone is planning to do some light 4x4 in arches or the surrounding Moab area that weekend let me know, I may want to join if it's not the day I end up doing white rim.

Products Discussed in

To Top