1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Any Members in Arkansas?

Discussion in 'South Central' started by Silver1, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Jul 12, 2018 at 9:24 AM
    CRASHMAN50

CRASHMAN50 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    AA-ron
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    17 Tacoma TRD Off Road DCLB
    Sherpa Equipment Co. rack, CVT Mt. Rainier, Mobtown sliders, 40" Rigid light bar, Dobinsons suspension w/Med. Dakars
    Local knowledge is the best kind!

TerraNerva likes this.
  2. Jul 12, 2018 at 10:08 AM
    TerraNerva

TerraNerva Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chip
    Central Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    Ummm....Tundra
    Ok, San Juan NF did reopen 21st June with Stage 2 restrictions. Been a bad fire season in NM and CO apparently. I think that was the first time they'd ever closed the whole San Juan. I may hit the Flat Tops and go further north, I'm still undecided.

3. Jul 12, 2018 at 11:18 AM
    cstallings

cstallings Well-Known Member

Member:
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    2013 MGM DCSB TRD Sport 4x4
    SOS Front Bumper, SOS Sliders, SOS skids, ARB Rear Air Locker, OME Lift (885x Coils, Nitro Charger Shocks, Dakar Leafs), LR UCAs, Leer Shell, OKLED 30" light bar, Wet Okle Seat covers, etc, etc
    Yep...I can’t take a firepit to Utah or Colorado. Both are under stage 2 restrictions. We might actually need a fire when camping at clear lake (12,000 ft).

4. Jul 12, 2018 at 11:34 AM
    TerraNerva

Member:
    First Name:
    Chip
    Central Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    Ummm....Tundra
    Thats awesome, I LOVE high camping. Leaving high humidity and temps here for some chilly nights in high country during August is about as good as it gets. I was camping in Weminuche in July one year and woke up to about 3" of snow. I'm making a 'beeline for treeline' as soon as I get to Colorado. Take some pics!

5. Jul 12, 2018 at 12:13 PM
    TenBeers

TenBeers Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Pro Cavalry Blue
    CBI bed rack and sliders, Backwoods Adventure Mods front and rear bumpers, etc. And some stickers.
    Dude, I can't count the number of times I have been to Weminuche Pass. I was there nearly every summer growing up. My brother and I once cross-country hiked from Squaw Creek east, attempting to take Fern Creek trail. Fern Creek is not heavily used and we lost it at some point. Quite an adventure, but confidence-building. I've hiked up Ute Creek and over to Weminuche as well, but Weminuche is always my favorite.

Last time I was up there, my dad said there were no fires allowed. When we got there, we checked and they had lifted the restriction, thank goodness. The pass is only 10,600, but it was nice to have a fire.

TerraNerva[QUOTED] likes this.
  6. Jul 12, 2018 at 1:16 PM
    CRASHMAN50

Member:
    First Name:
    AA-ron
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    Sherpa Equipment Co. rack, CVT Mt. Rainier, Mobtown sliders, 40" Rigid light bar, Dobinsons suspension w/Med. Dakars
    Only time I've camped that high was when my best friend from college and I took my hyundai accent to the grand canyon after graduation and camped at over 9,500 ft. Got down to about 30 degrees with 20mph winds, and we brought 50 degree sleeping bags. Not that positive. Wish I had bought my truck before that trip!

Dave_M likes this.
  7. Jul 12, 2018 at 4:31 PM
    PinnaclePete

PinnaclePete I am what I am

Member:
    First Name:
    Pete
    Central AR
    Vehicle:
    '14 Sport DCLB Pyrite, 2015 DCSB Barcelona Limited
    SwitchPros 9100, Flip Pac, Stealth 6 Bronze, Toyo 255/80/17, MTO Tailgate Skin, RCI read diff plate, StopTech slotted disc and pads, OME 885 w/ NitroChargers, OME HD LeafPacks, SOS Rear bumper with swingout, BAMF Bolt-on Sliders, Rear diff breather, OEM roof racks, ECG perforated grill, BAMF behind grill light bar bracket with PIAA 510 4" yellow spots, US OffRoad bumper, Engo 9k winch, WeatherTech window vents and floor mats, Wet Okle seat covers, RedLine hood struts, Anti Dark hood lights, Baja amber light pods, Lamin-X amber flood covers, amber FlyEyes, Jumpers amber LEDs, Salix glovebox and center console organizer, MagLite mounted, shop made bed mount tool boxes, LogRite bed mount bottle opener
    E5FBD6D4-C394-4189-A2C4-A3E25A5223F1.jpg My boys Birthday “cake” :thumbsup: :cheers: :drunk:

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    TerraNerva likes this.
  8. Jul 12, 2018 at 6:03 PM
    TenBeers

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    CBI bed rack and sliders, Backwoods Adventure Mods front and rear bumpers, etc. And some stickers.
    ? I don't see no cake.

@CRASHMAN50 Just ordered my air bags yesterday and they showed up today, so I got the pre-assembly done, which is a bit awkward but not hard. Forgot what a solid kit this is, and it now comes with a bracket for the air valves, so no drilling! The 2407 kit is for the 4x4, ignore what Walmart and Jet say in the description if you plan to order from them (I submitted a correction), they say 2WD PreRunner only, but that's the 2410 kit.

CRASHMAN50 likes this.
  9. Jul 12, 2018 at 8:08 PM
    PinnaclePete

Member:
    First Name:
    Pete
    Central AR
    Vehicle:
    SwitchPros 9100, Flip Pac, Stealth 6 Bronze, Toyo 255/80/17, MTO Tailgate Skin, RCI read diff plate, StopTech slotted disc and pads, OME 885 w/ NitroChargers, OME HD LeafPacks, SOS Rear bumper with swingout, BAMF Bolt-on Sliders, Rear diff breather, OEM roof racks, ECG perforated grill, BAMF behind grill light bar bracket with PIAA 510 4" yellow spots, US OffRoad bumper, Engo 9k winch, WeatherTech window vents and floor mats, Wet Okle seat covers, RedLine hood struts, Anti Dark hood lights, Baja amber light pods, Lamin-X amber flood covers, amber FlyEyes, Jumpers amber LEDs, Salix glovebox and center console organizer, MagLite mounted, shop made bed mount tool boxes, LogRite bed mount bottle opener
    Ha, we started early....photo added :drunk:

10. Jul 13, 2018 at 4:19 AM
    TenBeers

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    LOL, that's my kinda cake! :cheers:

11. Jul 13, 2018 at 6:02 AM
    natural_nativ

natural_nativ Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRDOR MT Quicksand
    I've been interested in this for a while. Haven't been to anything like it before. I'm interested in hearing the negative feedback on it, though. @TenBeers

@PinnaclePete It took me a while to try and figure out why your truck was going to be set up in Vendor, AR. hahaha

PinnaclePete[QUOTED] likes this.
  12. Jul 13, 2018 at 7:22 AM
    TenBeers

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    LOL, I didn't mean to indicate that I had negative feedback on the rendezvous, I have never been -- Pete just doesn't like to read my long posts so I give him an executive summary.

I think it would be fun if I was in the right mood, but most times I go out in the woods I am not looking for a huge party. My parents are coming through sometime in October, so I may not be able to make this one.

PinnaclePete likes this.
  13. Jul 13, 2018 at 8:41 AM
    Enigma8246

Enigma8246 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Central Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    2007 4Runner Limited 4WD V8
    It is a little crowded but it's a good way to learn some new areas. I'm hoping their classes start to cover a wider range.

I only have one or two friends that off road and I don't see them very often so it's a good opportunity to hang out with other off roaders without a keyboard.

CRASHMAN50 and PinnaclePete like this.
  14. Jul 13, 2018 at 8:52 AM
    PinnaclePete

Member:
    First Name:
    Pete
    Central AR
    Vehicle:
    Yep, met Lee, G.T. and other TW'ers at last years Rendezvous. All kinda cool rigs to see and ideas to be gotten, even from the Jeepers.

G.T. likes this.
  15. Jul 13, 2018 at 9:30 AM
    TerraNerva

Member:
    First Name:
    Chip
    Central Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    Ummm....Tundra
    Do you CBI customers know if they have any coupon codes for TW members? Searched with no luck...

16. Jul 13, 2018 at 10:46 AM
    TenBeers

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    I searched when I bought my stuff and didn't find anything permanent -- just the occasional deal that they weren't running at the time of my purchase, of course.

I can say that both my rack and sliders arrived earlier than their estimate -- not by a lot, but a week or so.

17. Jul 13, 2018 at 7:17 PM
    Enigma8246

Enigma8246 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Central Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    2007 4Runner Limited 4WD V8
    Same for my sliders and rear bumper. Good build quality as well. I have a couple of welder friends that were admiring their welds.

18. Jul 14, 2018 at 6:47 AM
    TerraNerva

Member:
    First Name:
    Chip
    Central Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    Ummm....Tundra
  19. Jul 14, 2018 at 9:49 AM
    CRASHMAN50

Member:
    First Name:
    AA-ron
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    I thought about that route too for a while. The only thing that kinda steers me away is you'd have to run heavy wire all the way back. And they say you want to not pull from the side much at all. You want a straight on angle apparently. But that's what "they say"

20. Jul 14, 2018 at 10:34 AM
    TerraNerva

Member:
    First Name:
    Chip
    Central Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    Ummm....Tundra
    Extra dedicated HD battery in back of truck would solve that problem. Not exactly convenient, but if it stayed with winch it could go as a package deal to whichever vehicle you had it in. Pros and cons to everything.

CRASHMAN50[QUOTED] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top