1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Any Members in Arkansas?

Discussion in 'South Central' started by Silver1, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Apr 22, 2019 at 5:37 PM
    PinnaclePete

PinnaclePete I am what I am

Member:
    First Name:
    Pete
    Central AR
    Vehicle:
    '14 Sport DCLB Pyrite, 2015 DCSB Barcelona Limited
    SwitchPros 9100, Flip Pac, Stealth 6 Bronze, Toyo 255/80/17, MTO Tailgate Skin, RCI read diff plate, StopTech slotted disc and pads, OME 885 w/ NitroChargers, OME HD LeafPacks, SOS Rear bumper with swingout, BAMF Bolt-on Sliders, Rear diff breather, OEM roof racks, ECG perforated grill, BAMF behind grill light bar bracket with PIAA 510 4" yellow spots, US OffRoad bumper, Engo 9k winch, WeatherTech window vents and floor mats, Wet Okle seat covers, RedLine hood struts, Anti Dark hood lights, Baja amber light pods, Lamin-X amber flood covers, amber FlyEyes, Jumpers amber LEDs, Salix glovebox and center console organizer, MagLite mounted, shop made bed mount tool boxes, LogRite bed mount bottle opener
  2. Apr 22, 2019 at 5:58 PM
    natural_nativ

natural_nativ Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRDOR MT Quicksand
    How do I get one of these free pads?

3. Apr 22, 2019 at 6:29 PM
    TerraNerva

TerraNerva Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chip
    Central Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    Ummm....Tundra
    I'm 90% in...will know for sure by Weds...

PinnaclePete[QUOTED] likes this.
  4. Apr 22, 2019 at 6:46 PM
    PinnaclePete

Member:
    First Name:
    Pete
    Central AR
    Vehicle:
    SwitchPros 9100, Flip Pac, Stealth 6 Bronze, Toyo 255/80/17, MTO Tailgate Skin, RCI read diff plate, StopTech slotted disc and pads, OME 885 w/ NitroChargers, OME HD LeafPacks, SOS Rear bumper with swingout, BAMF Bolt-on Sliders, Rear diff breather, OEM roof racks, ECG perforated grill, BAMF behind grill light bar bracket with PIAA 510 4" yellow spots, US OffRoad bumper, Engo 9k winch, WeatherTech window vents and floor mats, Wet Okle seat covers, RedLine hood struts, Anti Dark hood lights, Baja amber light pods, Lamin-X amber flood covers, amber FlyEyes, Jumpers amber LEDs, Salix glovebox and center console organizer, MagLite mounted, shop made bed mount tool boxes, LogRite bed mount bottle opener
    They were giving them out a few years ago. As long as you don’t sign up for the cell service it’s a great deal.....

5. Apr 23, 2019 at 6:14 PM
    PinnaclePete

Member:
    First Name:
    Pete
    Central AR
    Vehicle:
    CB connect re-soldered (professionally)....check!
    Re-route antenna cable along frame, thru cabin, concealed...check!
    Done before dark...check!
    Adultish beverages consumed...check!
    Ready for the weekend...check!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
    buyobuyo likes this.
  6. Apr 24, 2019 at 10:49 AM
    Enigma8246

Enigma8246 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Central Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    2007 4Runner Limited 4WD V8
    It's looking like we'll be in Ozark NF this weekend. I have a couple of tentative routes planned but I'm curious to know what route you guys are going to take because we're pretty flexible and may ditch one of our routes to ride with you guys depending on where you'll be.

My understanding is that the Long Pool Recreation Area is along the Big Piney. That overlook you guys were talking about is marked on Google Maps as "Proposal Spot" but I've also heard it called "Dover Lights" by a friend of mine who is from that area. It overlooks a bend in the Big Piney Creek just upstream of the Long Pool Recreation Area.

7. Apr 24, 2019 at 11:15 AM
    TerraNerva

Member:
    First Name:
    Chip
    Central Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    Ummm....Tundra
    We’ve done the overlook/proposal spot as part of the Indian Creek run. I think Pete wants to get down by river below the overlook but I can’t find anything other than the road that goes by heltons farm put in and goes up to overlook at The Mother and close to Treat. On the west side of the piney is a possible run we were looking at too. Not sure we have a firm route yet. Where you thinking? Be cool to see you!

8. Apr 24, 2019 at 1:08 PM
    Enigma8246

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Central Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    Well... I initially planned our route for my dad to come with us. I wanted to show him around some areas I was familiar with so it's all places I (and probably you guys) have been before. That's part of the reason I was thinking of riding with you guys. The route we're looking at starts in Scottsville and runs north through the Illinois Bayou and Victor up to Six Fingers Falls. From there I'm planning to take Hwy 16 over to Haw Creek Falls and Car Wash Falls and work west, then north to Buffalo Lookout Tower. If I can convince my wife to do dispersed camping we may camp there on Fri night pending weather. When we head home we're looking at leaving Byrd's and heading to Spainhour Falls and the Union Schoolhouse, then we may hit Indian Creek Road and that overlook.

I've been to all of these places except Six Fingers Falls and Spainhour Falls. Again, the plan was initially to show my dad a little of what's out there and get him interested but since he's decided to ride his motorcycle that's been nixed. I'm open to suggestions for new places.

9. Apr 24, 2019 at 2:56 PM
    PinnaclePete

Member:
    First Name:
    Pete
    Central AR
    Vehicle:
    My USFS map shows a road down and around the Piney bend below the overlook, and we saw a road there last year, so I was hoping to check that out - and Longpool since I haven't been. Other than that, just a lazy meander and some exploring (reconnoitering) is cool. I just don't like dashing from destination to destination. I need to unwind, not rewind....

10. Apr 24, 2019 at 3:06 PM
    TerraNerva

Member:
    First Name:
    Chip
    Central Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    Ummm....Tundra
    Confucius say: Roads were made for journeys, not destinations. I don't care where we go, just want to get out, get @TenBeers good and stuck and test out his new winch. :thumbsup: If the piney bend road doesn't work can always try just west of there on Pilot Rock Rd, Graves Creek Road or Meadows Knob. Lots and lots of spurs in that area to explore.

EDIT: Long Pool will be packed with boaters, no way to camp and its noisy and crowded this time of year with good water, but its a nice campground and fun to check out. Treat area is super popular with SxS, but will be people out and about all over with weather being nice and Campfire at Byrds.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
    PinnaclePete likes this.
  11. Apr 24, 2019 at 5:46 PM
    PinnaclePete

Member:
    First Name:
    Pete
    Central AR
    Vehicle:
    :mudding:@TenBeers you in?

12. Apr 24, 2019 at 6:03 PM
    TerraNerva

Member:
    First Name:
    Chip
    Central Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    Ummm....Tundra
    here's an overview:

[​IMG]

PinnaclePete likes this.
  13. Apr 24, 2019 at 7:11 PM
    TerraNerva

Member:
    First Name:
    Chip
    Central Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    Ummm....Tundra
  14. Apr 24, 2019 at 7:35 PM
    TerraNerva

Member:
    First Name:
    Chip
    Central Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    Ummm....Tundra
  15. Apr 25, 2019 at 6:45 AM
    PinnaclePete

Member:
    First Name:
    Pete
    Central AR
    Vehicle:
  16. Apr 26, 2019 at 4:51 PM
    Enigma8246

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Central Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    Welp... Looks like we're out. We went to Pilot Rock area today and at some point one of the bushings on my steering rack slipped out of the bracket. I'm trying to figure out what road we were on. It was listed as a county road but was closer to a trail. Good little track. At any rate we miraculously found a local mechanic at 4 pm on a Fri afternoon but he made a couple of calls and couldn't find anyone with the bushing in stock. So we came home.

:sadviolin:

Edit: Water crossings were up about as much as I expected with all of the rain lately.

Edit 2: I'm not 100% sure but from looking at GPS coordinates and Google Maps imagery I think we were on Forest Service Road 1814 south of Pilot Rock and Whitney Cemetery.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
  17. Apr 26, 2019 at 5:28 PM
    TerraNerva

Member:
    First Name:
    Chip
    Central Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    Ummm....Tundra
    Damn that sucks. We’re gonna do that same route tomorrow and meander towards Hess Knob. Did you ford piney anywhere ? Sad violin is right...

18. Apr 26, 2019 at 5:32 PM
    Enigma8246

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Central Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    Did Little Piney at Union School. I'm on 32's and it was close to the top of them at the deepest.

TerraNerva likes this.
  19. Apr 26, 2019 at 6:59 PM
    TerraNerva

Member:
    First Name:
    Chip
    Central Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    Ummm....Tundra
    @Enigma8246 Were you going N or S on Murray Creek Road? Just wondering cuz there used to be a great campsite just E of there on a road that turns south towards the river right before Mt Levi. Used to be able to almost see it down the hill close to Little Piney.

I see the Pilot Mtn - James Ford - 1814...comes back out on Pilot Rock. Was it a pin striper? looks like a possibility for tomorrow

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
  20. Apr 26, 2019 at 9:34 PM
    Enigma8246

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Central Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    I'm about 90% sure that's the road we were on and we were going north. I may have picked up a few pinstripes but they were avoidable if I had been more careful. There were a few dramatic changes in elevation but only one was much of a challenge. We did see a camp site near the south end of 1814. Here's what looks like another spot in the area.

https://goo.gl/maps/YH9Pa2swZKZXjyX76

TerraNerva likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top