1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Any Members in Arkansas?

Discussion in 'South Central' started by Silver1, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Jan 11, 2020 at 11:31 AM
    buyobuyo

buyobuyo Read The Fucking Manual

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Camden, AR
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5, I4, Manual, Silver
    A thing or two...
    I didn't loose power down here from the storms, but the power to my shop hasn't been fixed yet. They're supposed to be coming tomorrow.

2. Jan 11, 2020 at 11:49 AM
    PinnaclePete

PinnaclePete I am what I am

Member:
    First Name:
    Pete
    Central AR
    Vehicle:
    '14 Sport DCLB Pyrite, 2015 DCSB Barcelona Limited
    SwitchPros 9100, Flip Pac, Stealth 6 Bronze, Toyo 255/80/17, MTO Tailgate Skin, RCI read diff plate, StopTech slotted disc and pads, OME 885 w/ NitroChargers, OME HD LeafPacks, SOS Rear bumper with swingout, BAMF Bolt-on Sliders, Rear diff breather, OEM roof racks, ECG perforated grill, BAMF behind grill light bar bracket with PIAA 510 4" yellow spots, US OffRoad bumper, Engo 9k winch, WeatherTech window vents and floor mats, Wet Okle seat covers, RedLine hood struts, Anti Dark hood lights, Baja amber light pods, Lamin-X amber flood covers, amber FlyEyes, Jumpers amber LEDs, Salix glovebox and center console organizer, MagLite mounted, shop made bed mount tool boxes, LogRite bed mount bottle opener
    :annoyed: Sunday rates

3. Jan 12, 2020 at 6:49 AM
    TenBeers

TenBeers Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    2018 TRD Pro Cavalry Blue
    CBI bed rack and sliders, Backwoods Adventure Mods front and rear bumpers, etc. And some stickers.
    @Doc's Rig how is the new gig and location?

Need to take some pics, finished putting a shorter 300BLK together. It's a good size for my wife, she's pretty excited to go shoot it.

BTW, gunbot.net is a bare-bones but cool site to find ammo cheap.

TerraNerva likes this.
  4. Jan 12, 2020 at 6:50 AM
    TerraNerva

TerraNerva Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chip
    Central Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    Ummm....Tundra
    Kinda lost its punch by the time it got to my house...how's Doc? Did you get moved? What's your status?

5. Jan 12, 2020 at 6:52 AM
    TerraNerva

Member:
    First Name:
    Chip
    Central Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    Ummm....Tundra
    cheaperthandirt.com used to be the cheapest out there, but not sure where they stand now.

6. Jan 12, 2020 at 6:55 AM
    TenBeers

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    CBI bed rack and sliders, Backwoods Adventure Mods front and rear bumpers, etc. And some stickers.
    Yeah, they sent me a calendar, lol. That gunbot.net site apparently crawls a lot of the major online retailers and calculates the per-round cost, just sort on that and click the link you want.

Read an article on that Darien Gap area. I believe a boat ride around that whole area would be the best idea.

7. Jan 12, 2020 at 7:01 AM
    TerraNerva

Member:
    First Name:
    Chip
    Central Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    Ummm....Tundra
    If it wasn't for the paramilitary, cartels and other gun toting rogues, it'd be the most fascinating, keep-on your toes and have that winch ready part of the trip. But...too many people 'lost it all' from vehicle to possessions to disappearing all together in a 60-80 mile section. Ease over to Ecuador, hop a cargo ship and make port in Santiago or something.

8. Jan 12, 2020 at 7:23 AM
    Doc's Rig

Doc's Rig Your opinion is not statistically significant

Member:
    First Name:
    Doc
    The Natural State
    Vehicle:
    2016 4x4
    My son will remain a student at Harding. My wife is finishing out her faculty contact this semester at Harding and trying to sell our home. Being separated sucks, but it's temporary. As many hours as I'm putting in at my new job, it's not too bad. The weekends, of course, can get lonely, but I try to keep myself busy. Yesterday was wet and rainy but warm (61). I took advantage of that and installed my new Victory 4x4 rear strike bumper. Job wise, I'm drinking from a fire hose, but it's a great university and I'm surrounded by a great team. Being the dean has its perks, but comes with tremendous responsibility. It will fall into place with time. :thumbsup:

The Indiana thread here is...well, slow. Not sure how active folks are, but hopefully they connect and plan activities.

9. Jan 15, 2020 at 5:02 PM
    PinnaclePete

Member:
    First Name:
    Pete
    Central AR
    Vehicle:
    SwitchPros 9100, Flip Pac, Stealth 6 Bronze, Toyo 255/80/17, MTO Tailgate Skin, RCI read diff plate, StopTech slotted disc and pads, OME 885 w/ NitroChargers, OME HD LeafPacks, SOS Rear bumper with swingout, BAMF Bolt-on Sliders, Rear diff breather, OEM roof racks, ECG perforated grill, BAMF behind grill light bar bracket with PIAA 510 4" yellow spots, US OffRoad bumper, Engo 9k winch, WeatherTech window vents and floor mats, Wet Okle seat covers, RedLine hood struts, Anti Dark hood lights, Baja amber light pods, Lamin-X amber flood covers, amber FlyEyes, Jumpers amber LEDs, Salix glovebox and center console organizer, MagLite mounted, shop made bed mount tool boxes, LogRite bed mount bottle opener
    Well, I saved my client $190k in a 2 day Texarkana tree Trial today. Made $2.4k in fees. Think I’m gonna redo my lights....

buyobuyo likes this.
  10. Jan 15, 2020 at 5:17 PM
    buyobuyo

buyobuyo Read The Fucking Manual

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Camden, AR
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5, I4, Manual, Silver
    A thing or two...
    Not a bad days work.

11. Jan 15, 2020 at 5:24 PM
    PinnaclePete

Member:
    First Name:
    Pete
    Central AR
    Vehicle:
    Actually over the last 3 weeks. More than that over the last 3 yrs. Helped pay for my FlipPac, the wheels of Justice grind slow, but they pay well...

12. Jan 17, 2020 at 2:42 PM
    MatthewMay1

MatthewMay1 I'm an amateur professional.

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Lone Star Republic
    Vehicle:
    Supercharged '01 TRD
    Going through some files on my computer and came across our trip from 11-10-2018. Featuring my #1 favorite dog.

IMG_6363_1.jpg IMG_6328.jpg IMG_6367.jpg

13. Jan 17, 2020 at 2:43 PM
    TerraNerva

Member:
    First Name:
    Chip
    Central Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    Ummm....Tundra
    Haha that’s great. I still love the upside down Jeep

MatthewMay1 likes this.
  14. Jan 19, 2020 at 6:25 AM
    TenBeers

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    Ha, Chewy has no idea he's not a people.

I'm enjoying this gun building hobby (I built a smaller AR pistol for the wife), so I figured I should learn more about gun laws. I did some reading on the difference between an SBR and pistol. Turns out some of the adjustments I made to the parts kit are no-nos, and gun laws are a bit wacky. No butt stocks or vertical front grips, boo. Oh well. Now I know why Dave needs a place that does engraving (sounds like trophy shops may do it). Thinking about setting up a gun trust and getting tax stamps for an SBR and silencer just in case.

Piecing together a full-size rifle now, will be my first full build with slightly better parts. Faxon barrel with a mix of BCM and Spikes parts.

buyobuyo likes this.
  15. Jan 19, 2020 at 11:14 AM
    PinnaclePete

Member:
    First Name:
    Pete
    Central AR
    Vehicle:
    Fun rainy weekend project several years ago....
    C8151208-7435-494C-BCF4-B871B4A8C84D.jpg

buyobuyo likes this.
  16. Jan 19, 2020 at 12:30 PM
    Enigma8246

Enigma8246 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Central Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    2007 4Runner Limited 4WD V8
    It's sad just how wacky they are. I tried to explain the difference between an AR pistol, rifle, and SBR to two Austrians yesterday and it left them very confused. Angled foregrips are good to go on pistols per BATFE.

https://i1.wp.com/blog.roninsgrips.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/atf-afg.jpg

Letter is from Aug 2011 but I have not heard of any reversal of this decision.

I would not take a lower to a trophy shop for SBR engraving. There are very specific requirements on depth of graving and minimum size of letters that most trophy shops would not know. Some may not be able to meet the minimum depth. Try Ident Marking Services in Texas. They do exceptional work and will not hesitate to call you if they have questions about exactly what you want. I got a call, not from some customer service representative or a supervisor, but from the actual tech operating the machine right before he did my engraving.

17. Jan 19, 2020 at 5:08 PM
    Dave_M

Dave_M Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    OR
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma
    With all the rain we've had, this weekend was a good time to go see some waterfalls!

[​IMG]20200118-_DSC3348

18. Jan 20, 2020 at 5:23 AM
    TenBeers

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    Yeah, I didn't find that exact letter but read that angled was OK -- which is good because I have the Magpul AFG on my longer pistol and really like it. I was explaining the same thing to my daughter and she was just shaking her head.

So how much do they charge, and how does that work with shipping? I guess I could just look up their website, lol.

The best tip I read was to set up a trust, make the name short, and list abbreviations that the trust is known as. Then you can shorten what you have to have engraved. Make anyone that may have access to your Title 2 stuff part of the trust. All guns/tax stamps belong to the trust. Easy peasy.

Cool little baby rainbow in that shot, where did y'all go?

19. Jan 20, 2020 at 5:58 AM
    Dave_M

Dave_M Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    OR
    Vehicle:
    02 Tacoma
    That was at Glory Hole Falls. We managed to get three others in before the sun went down.
    Careful with the trust. A run of the mill trust won’t always cut it with the ATF.

20. Jan 20, 2020 at 7:08 AM
    TenBeers

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    There are some online sites that offer an electronic service specific to Arkansas gun trusts, figured I'd pay the 80 bucks and go that route.

Products Discussed in

To Top