1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Any MLB fans here???

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by Larry, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Jan 14, 2020 at 7:39 PM
    Sterdog

Sterdog Offline

Member:
    First Name:
    I am Groot
    People's Democratic Republic of Canuckistan
    Vehicle:
    15 FoST
    Baseball is a cheaters sport. Don't take that wrong, I'm a Jay's fan, but the game has a lack of fair play in its DNA. So many scandals coupled with infallible barely consistent officials is just what baseball is and will always be. No other major sport has this level of fuckery, it's not even close.

TacoHank1998 and cruiserguy like this.
  2. Jan 14, 2020 at 7:56 PM
    lesterb315

lesterb315 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lester
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2012 DCSB Off-Road
    I’m sure every team cheats, the thing is to NOT get caught, which in this case the Astros got caught and now have to pay up.

El Duderino likes this.
  3. Jan 15, 2020 at 5:05 AM
    bajatacoguy

bajatacoguy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny
    RI to NH
    Vehicle:
    Blk Taco
    OEM: Bed Mat Roof Rack Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover Door Sill Protectors KO2's Dobinson GTS Suspension TRD Beadlocks Timbren Bump Stops SPC UCA Rear SuperSpring SSO Slimline Winch Bumper SmittyBilt x20 Mobtown Sliders Mobtown Front Skid Avid Basket Bed Rack DECKED Draw Organizer Total Chaos Bed Stiffners Relentless Fab Bed Corner Tie Downs CBI Ditch Light Brackets ARB Dual Compressor Instant Air Tank Smittybilt RTT Road Shower II Indel-B Fridge/Freezer w/ Slide Ironman 4x4 Insulated Fridge Case Redline Tuning Hood QuickLIFT Yo_Hec - Center Console Molle Little Johnny III CB Radio KB Voodoo Flashlight Kit Switch Pro 8100 BlueSea Fuse Pelfreybilt Fuse Panel Mount Gecko - LED Bed Lights Gecko - LED Hood Lights Raptor Grill Lights Cali Raised - Bed Flag Pole Holder Center Console Tray & Organizer Weather Tech Floor Mats Weather Tech Hood Deflector TRAILER BUILD HAPPENING! Plate: Negan

Lol

4. Jan 15, 2020 at 7:17 AM
    jtaco11

jtaco11 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Change the signals pretty simple. Like college test cheating everyone does. Professor too lazy change the test from prior periods. No one to blame but yourself

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
  5. Jan 15, 2020 at 2:46 PM
    Don5352

Don5352 Liberty or Death

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    Oakland, CA
    Vehicle:
    2014 AC TRD OR
    Some really cool shit
    Fuck the Doyers. Fuck the sports writers. Bunch of crybabies.

·

They are fining teams who try to steal signs ...hahahaha..got out just in time .

Ok...I feel a need to speak out, normal is changing, and today's norm is not the norm.
    For 26 years I was in the big leagues , 10 as a player, 16 as a 3rd base coach , 20 if you count the other years learning the craft in the minor leagues , from Boise , to Wichita. The seriousness of the writer, the expertise from the front office man, the commissioner, to those who have never lived it. Here it is...I have 25 World Series games under my belt, 7 elimination games, and a 7th game of a World Series. 5 World Series ,3 World Championships I know it don't mean much to those in front of a computer, with the answers and all the rules. So I'm gonna make a long story short. I had a video camera on every 3rd base coach every single night, I spent hours logging tapes trying to steal your signs and finding a way to beat you. You as well did it, in New York I knew the Valentine Mets did it, I knew the Cubs did it, I knew the Dbacks, St. Louis did it, I caught them, that's when the fun begins , you fuck em up by changing signs, you tell the boys " if I put a hit and run on first pitch don't do anything, they will pitch out and now they don't have the signs, and you're in a hitters count" the list goes on and on.....if you aren't smart enough ( and believe me this isn't rocket science, it's being somewhat aware) it's your fault, now the game is turned into no breaking up double plays , don't slide hard at home, don't block the plate.if you are not creative enough to derail them, you've stopped thinking. As far as some of the greatest baseball writers who I love, read and listen to, and hang with. You are so off on the sign stuff. It's a high stakes poker game, big money especially as coaches . If you get caught , if your signs are stolen and you don't know in the moment they are close, they are on you...your not thinking, and now because of that the commissioner comes in not understanding, the writers write stealing signs is wrong. We had an advance scout that could watch your 3rd base coach for 3 days and be real close to getting his signs. He would send his report and I would watch you, or have a camera on you, if you haven't played , you don't understand how important this part of the game should be. You don't understand I would not only try and steal your hit and run sign, I would put our hit and run on that my guys knew, then in the same sequence put the other teams hit and run on so when they look at their cameras that we all used to steal the signs they would see and in their minds " shit they have the same sign for hit and run we have". It's propaganda war fare, its trying to beat you......so why you claim people aren't watching baseball because it takes to long, I say your taking the smarts out of it. ...I tried every night for 16 years to steal your signs either writing every thing you did down, or by looking at tapes because I had a camera on you, just like you had on me. Please leave the game alone, and every writer who wrote articles on this..be in church Sunday,because I know for a fact everyone of you looked at body language , vibe, and found a way to snake another writer to get the feature, get the win., leaving it with no creativity, no thinking, and the dumbing down of the greatest game ever......not that I know anything about it....Peace Tim Flannery.

6. Jan 15, 2020 at 3:51 PM
    loyaltothetaco

loyaltothetaco It's part ATV, part SUV, and certified by the DMV

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    Radiant Red 2006 DCSB SR5
    2.5" OME lift, Fox 2.5 coil overs, all pro expo leafs, ubolt flip kit w/ upgraded bump stops, 1.25" wheel spacers, 16" Bronze KMC Impact OL wheels, 295/75/r16 Nitto grapplers, beige Softopper, Brute force front bumper w/smittybilt winch, RCI rear bumper, caliraised rock sliders, TRD IFS skid plate custom swingout tailgate w/spare tire mount, TC bed stiffeners, Magnum force CAI, KC spotlights, tacomabeast headlights, rear seat molle panel odds and ends, hi lift, MESO interior lights, and a fuck load of patches… more planned for later.
    Dammit Tim you're incriminating the Giants! Lol. Good point tho...

7. Jan 15, 2020 at 4:36 PM
    kjttaco

kjttaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    2020 Black Limited
    Heat seems to be on Beltran now. Seems that Cora threw him under the bus a while ago

okie likes this.
  8. Jan 15, 2020 at 5:12 PM
    GQ7227

GQ7227 mw survivor

Member:
    First Name:
    J A Y
    309km east of Hazard ...the good life
    Vehicle:
    '97 black SR5 0g ~ MT @ 176k ...
    black woolWax, green IFC, borlaCB, custom Line-X PC drums, skid, nuts, hooks, 1/4 silver frame...
    except now there is a 'limited' # of mound visits to do that and make sure everybody is on the same page in the middle if you feel the other team is catching on?

9. Jan 15, 2020 at 8:38 PM
    canonmutant

canonmutant Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    02 PreRunner TRD

Murph! Where the hell you been? I remember you . . .

Glad to hear you're still breathin' :thumbsup:

10. Jan 16, 2020 at 1:30 PM
    kjttaco

kjttaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    2020 Black Limited
    Carlos Beltran
    Unemployed by NY Mets
    Who is next?

GQ7227 and grdgz97 like this.
  11. Jan 16, 2020 at 2:13 PM
    NAAC3TACO

NAAC3TACO Middle aged member

Member:
    Just east of crazy, NV
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 DCLB 4x4
    Color matched door handles, Weathertech floor liners, bed mat, Durafit seat covers, tailgate clamp, 2016 TRD Sport 17" wheels with Yokohama Geolander AT tires , Toyota exhaust tip, Toyota/Yakima bike rail mount, Toyota wheel locks, Toyota hitch cover, Redline hood struts, unifilter on air pump.
    Do you think Bruce Bochy’s phone is ringing off the hook?

grdgz97 likes this.
  12. Jan 16, 2020 at 5:56 PM
    uurx

uurx Well-Known Member

Member:
    long island, new york
    Vehicle:
    '12 t|x pro
  13. Jan 16, 2020 at 6:09 PM
    jamesfishn09

jamesfishn09 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2003 Tundra
    Flan is the best-always. Here’s a quick taste of his band, “Tim Flannery and the Lunatic Fringe
    https://youtu.be/Y2WKpMK345s

loyaltothetaco likes this.
  14. Jan 16, 2020 at 6:44 PM
    bagleboy

bagleboy Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Norcal, Santa Rosa
    Vehicle:
    2014 5-lug AC 2.7L VVTI
    Snug top Rebel, Thule tracks, ditch tracks, Bagged rear suspension, F/R anytime camera, intermittent wiper switch...
    Maybe your a fucking low life cheater but not everyone is. Conscience is your responsiblity and no one else's. Granted we have people setting bad examples but they should be recognized as such not copied.

I hope they get a one year suspension for the entire team, everyone on the roster including the gm and manager. The Black sox were kicked out permanently. This wasn't one player caught on ped's, it was all of them for the entire year including post season.

enforcertaco91 likes this.
  15. Jan 16, 2020 at 7:07 PM
    El Duderino

El Duderino Obviously, you're not a golfer.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    HI->PNW
    Vehicle:
    16 MGM Sport 4x4 DCSB & 19 nautical blue SR5 premium 4x4
    Stuff, things, this, an ADS
    Scouting prior games is much different then in game sign stealing using video feeds of catchers signals and relying it to your batter in real time. I’m all for advanced scouting and figuring out the old fashion way.

Don5352 and jamesfishn09 like this.
  16. Jan 17, 2020 at 11:56 AM
    GQ7227

GQ7227 mw survivor

Member:
    First Name:
    J A Y
    309km east of Hazard ...the good life
    Vehicle:
    '97 black SR5 0g ~ MT @ 176k ...
    black woolWax, green IFC, borlaCB, custom Line-X PC drums, skid, nuts, hooks, 1/4 silver frame...
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
  17. Jan 17, 2020 at 1:49 PM
    loyaltothetaco

loyaltothetaco It's part ATV, part SUV, and certified by the DMV

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    Radiant Red 2006 DCSB SR5
    2.5" OME lift, Fox 2.5 coil overs, all pro expo leafs, ubolt flip kit w/ upgraded bump stops, 1.25" wheel spacers, 16" Bronze KMC Impact OL wheels, 295/75/r16 Nitto grapplers, beige Softopper, Brute force front bumper w/smittybilt winch, RCI rear bumper, caliraised rock sliders, TRD IFS skid plate custom swingout tailgate w/spare tire mount, TC bed stiffeners, Magnum force CAI, KC spotlights, tacomabeast headlights, rear seat molle panel odds and ends, hi lift, MESO interior lights, and a fuck load of patches… more planned for later.
    Always enjoy reading this thread, especially with what's been going on lately... :stirthepot:

FB_IMG_1579297669612.jpg

TacoHank1998, GQ7227 and jamesfishn09 like this.
  18. Jan 20, 2020 at 5:46 PM
    enforcertaco91

enforcertaco91 Well-Known Member

Member:
    West is best !
    Vehicle:
    2024 Tundra Terra (terror) Pro
    PPF Front grill, bumpers and headlights.
    Agree, they wouldn't of beaten Los Angeles otherwise.

19. Jan 20, 2020 at 7:03 PM
    TacoHank1998

TacoHank1998 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Panama City, FL
    Vehicle:
    1998 Green Tacoma Base
    Everyone... was doing PEDs in that era.

It's now really "cheating" if everyone is doing it.

20. Jan 21, 2020 at 4:14 PM
    okie

okie Pick your poison

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    oklahoma
    Vehicle:
    sr5 Tundra
    Cheating in baseball gets you x amount of games suspended, managers case- fired..

Bet on your team to win baseball games its a permanent ban for life.

WTF

uurx, enforcertaco91 and NAAC3TACO like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top