1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Any on have the new evo shift from sprint yet?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Yota1, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Jan 8, 2011 at 4:54 PM
    Yota1

Yota1 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Looks like a sweet phone, but I can't decide between the the shift or the older evo. Looking to upgrade from my turd berry this week. The epic doesn't feel as nice in my hands, and is a little more spendy. I will be doing both the wifes and mine at the same time.

Also has anyone bought phones through radio shack? it is 50 bucks cheaper with instant rebates and has no mail in's

any insight? I will have 4g coverage most of the time, and when i don't i have access to wireless anyways

2. Jan 8, 2011 at 6:26 PM
    Toph

Toph Addicted to V8s

Member:
    The original evo is hard to beat. The shift isn't as powerful processor wise, but has reviewed well despite it. The epic is a good phone but samsung has been slower about pushing out updates. On that note I've been happy with sprint pushing out as many updates as they have for the evo.

3. Jan 8, 2011 at 6:32 PM
    bajamoon

bajamoon Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    STEVE
    Whittier
    it doesn't come out till sunday i thought. Personally i can't stand the phone with the slide out key boards.

4. Jan 8, 2011 at 6:35 PM
    jdkeller

jdkeller How many words can be fit in this s

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    Non Tacoma owners have no input : o

5. Jan 8, 2011 at 6:44 PM
    Yota1

Member:
    i have felt the same as well, but i'm always willing for change

it came out mid week i think

6. Jan 9, 2011 at 8:46 AM
    10silvertaco

10silvertaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    Vehicle:
    no longer own Tacoma, now own 2011 Outback
    I have HTC Evo since last summer. I love it and I have no problem with keyboard on screen for text, email and google. Also I like to have front video camera to communicate with hearing or deaf people. Can fix inside my front pocket with leather case.

I really do not like Evo Shift because it smaller, slide out keyboard, and no front camera.

If you feel comforable with slide out keyboard, then go for it. But the best bet to get Orginal Evo than shift. :)

7. Jan 9, 2011 at 10:46 AM
    Yota1

Member:
    I am leaning towards the original, but we shall see..........

Anyone else have the EVO, any input?

8. Jan 9, 2011 at 10:58 AM
    TACOMA TRD

TACOMA TRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    PA
    Vehicle:
    2011 MGM SPORT DC 4x4
    Alpine HU, Apline 6.5 3 way Speakers, Access Cover.
    I just bought two ( one for wife) Samsung transforms from radio Shack, 100 each. After a week or so we didn't like them Mine froze every now and then.

I took them back and got the LG Optimus, and love them. They were free too. All the rebates were done right there at store. I would have got the EVO but I cant see spending 10 extra bucks per month for 4 g thats not Available in my market.

Also, got a free Air Rave for the house, I called sprint and told them my reception sucked in my house, they gave it to me free with no monthly charge.

9. Jan 9, 2011 at 2:17 PM
    Toph

Toph Addicted to V8s

Member:
    I have an evo...got it right when it came out. It has been a good phone. Screen is excellent, so is the camera. Very responsive and fast...it get's frequent updates, so it stays fresh with all the newest android features. The battery life is decent as long as you leave 4g off. I use the 4g for when I tether to my computer...the speed boost is very noticeable on the computer...I use it enough to justify the cost.

10. Jan 13, 2011 at 3:15 PM
    jskerr2

jskerr2 New Member

Member:
    Centennial, CO
    Vehicle:
    2010 Taco TRD Off Road
    Here is a good comparison between the two phones. I am trying to decide between the epic and the shift myself. Right now the performance rating of the shift has me thinking the shift is the best buy. Anyone know if either of the phones has problems pairing with the bluetooth on the 2010 Tacoma?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D1cygsc_1M

Products Discussed in

To Top