1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Any runners in here??

Discussion in 'Health' started by A.D., Jun 23, 2009.

1. Jun 23, 2009 at 9:57 PM
    A.D.

A.D. [OP] Desert Riding Ninja

Member:
    SoC♠l 4 life but stationed in Utah
    Vehicle:
    Low and Slow Mini
    Hey everyone, I am thinking about registering for the San Fran Half Marathon, and was wondering if anyone here is going to be entering themselves? I am not a really fast runner or anything like that, actually I have been running for just a couple of months now and somehow my daily 5ks have turned out to be around 10-13 miles, so I decided I might want to try a 1/2 marathon. I have run it a couple of times this last week at my house, and think that i should be able to make it, but i was wondering if anyone was entering, and is going to be running in the 2hr class, if they wanted some company? I will be flying up from LA and staying in San Fran for the 3 day event, then turning around and coming right home. So hit me up, or if there are any runners in here, please shout out, running has turned out to be a big deal for me, and I would love to meet other runners as well.

2. Jun 23, 2009 at 10:07 PM
    Fluffymonkey

Fluffymonkey Token

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    College Station, TX/ Lawrence, KS
    Vehicle:
    2013 Trd Sport DC, 07 DC sr5
    2007: Avid sliders, 30% front tint, Truxedo low-pro qt tonneu cover, aero turbine 2525 muffler w/ 8'' tip, AR25 Resonator, 16x8 Dick Cepek DC-1 w/ 265/75 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, 2010 headlights, ome 884 coils with .5'' top plate spacer, OME sport front shocks, blisten 5100s rear, 2'' aal, locking gas cap, LR ucas, Viper 2-way remote start, afe drop in filter, Rocky locking bike mounts, gear chest, scanguage, pop n lock tailgate lock 2013: most things transferred over from my 07, 5100s @ .85 + eibachs, wheelers progressive aal w/ overload
  3. Jun 23, 2009 at 10:24 PM
    A.D.

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Low and Slow Mini
    Thanks, wow, i seriously doubt i will come close to a time like that my first time out. But i have found myself feeling really at ease during my longer runs. I just hope that i do alright, actually i just really hope i don't mess up and break any rules, LOL.

4. Jun 23, 2009 at 11:04 PM
    XR-Ace

XR-Ace //TRD

Member:
    O.C. California
    Vehicle:
    08 SWB X-Runner aka "BLUE BEAST"
    Evo Mod// Eagle Eye Halo Projectors// Magnaflow Exhaust// Yellow Foggies// Trd Badge
    im X-running all over the streets. does that count?? :laugh:

5. Jun 23, 2009 at 11:09 PM
    AFButters

AFButters Rigger, Please!!

Member:
    First Name:
    "Butters"
    AL UDEID AB
    Vehicle:
    2008 DC 4x4 TRD-Sport
    Lifted
    I used to love to run (5:30 Mile) then I joined the AirForce and how PT is run just killed all the fun in it

6. Jun 23, 2009 at 11:17 PM
    A.D.

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Low and Slow Mini
    Yes, my PT runs do kill the fun in it. Here we have tons of mandatory wing, ABW, & MX group, runs, and they are so slow and unorganized, i just hate it. But i find that if i run a nice long run b4 them, that i do not hate them that bad.

7. Jun 24, 2009 at 3:17 AM
    Phantom_X-SP

Phantom_X-SP Rude Boy |><|

Member:
    High Point, NC
    Vehicle:
    08 DC Black Sand Pearl X-SP
    <-------- Loves to run :D

I'm running about 6 days a week right now. I'm mainly practicing for 5k's but plan to do the Half Marathon in October and a Full Marathon in December. I've ran the half before, but never the full.

Unfortunately I'm on the other side of the country else I would join you. Keep us posted on how you do, and share any experiences you may have :thumbsup:

8. Jun 28, 2009 at 1:01 PM
    A.D.

Member:
    SoC&#9824;l 4 life but stationed in Utah
    Vehicle:
    Low and Slow Mini
    Well, the old lady put the ixnay on the San Fran 1/2 Marathon for me, said it was alot of money for just 24hrs, she said that i should try running a couple of the ones around here first and see if i do ok before i start flying around to do em. So i agreed with her, and am going to be hitting up whatever local 1/2 marathon i can get into.

On another note, i ran a 14 miler this morning out in the desert sun, it was a new run with lots of hills, and it went pretty well, until i got home and took off my sock, which was all bloody, turned out that i cracked a toenail in half somehow while running, oh well, but it gets better, i hurry over to the sink and rinse it out with hydrogen peroxide and through some neosporin on it with a bandage, i sit down and take off my other sock finally, and I see a toe just bent all crooked, dislocated or broke it, dunno, but i popped it back in place and now its just swollen. Kinda weird that i didn't even notice them until i got home, and they both didn't even hurt until awhile after my run. I really can't recall any real hard spots or anything during my run, but i guess it just happens sometimes, LOL.

Here are some pics, But don't look if at all squeamish:

[​IMG]_[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Jun 28, 2009 at 1:16 PM
    Fluffymonkey

Fluffymonkey Token

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    College Station, TX/ Lawrence, KS
    Vehicle:
    2013 Trd Sport DC, 07 DC sr5
    2007: Avid sliders, 30% front tint, Truxedo low-pro qt tonneu cover, aero turbine 2525 muffler w/ 8'' tip, AR25 Resonator, 16x8 Dick Cepek DC-1 w/ 265/75 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, 2010 headlights, ome 884 coils with .5'' top plate spacer, OME sport front shocks, blisten 5100s rear, 2'' aal, locking gas cap, LR ucas, Viper 2-way remote start, afe drop in filter, Rocky locking bike mounts, gear chest, scanguage, pop n lock tailgate lock 2013: most things transferred over from my 07, 5100s @ .85 + eibachs, wheelers progressive aal w/ overload

Ouch, that looks brutal. I usually have problems with toenails on some toes digging in to the sides of my other toes whenever I do long runs. And I never notice it until after I get back home and take my bloody sock off :p. I don't think i've ever had a toenail split on me before though, lol. Let us know how that half marathon goes!:)

10. Jun 28, 2009 at 10:05 PM
    A.D.

Member:
    SoC&#9824;l 4 life but stationed in Utah
    Vehicle:
    Low and Slow Mini
    Good deal man, will do. Looks like there are a couple coming up soon, and i am in the middle of trying to convince my Squadron to let me go and run in the AF Marathon, well at least the 1/2'r. The toe thing is just weird, but got them both taped up pretty good for my run tomorrow morning, so hopefully they don't hurt to bad, LOL.

To Top