1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Any Sapper's out there?

Discussion in 'Military' started by Bishop2Queens6, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Apr 4, 2012 at 10:34 PM
    Bishop2Queens6

Bishop2Queens6 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2009 DCSB MGM
    Afe CAI, Harsh Ride TSB, 3rd OEM HU, Revo 2's, more on the way...
    I'm having trouble deciding what I want to do after getting my degree in Chemical Engineering, and I've considered joining the Army and becoming a Sapper.

I've always wanted to join the military to serve with the typical childhood dream of being a fighter pilot, Ranger, or SF, but a Sapper really looks like something I can do.

I watched "Surviving the Cut" on the Military Channel about becoming an Army Sapper, and I know its not portrayed exactly, but it got me very interested in becoming one because they said they look for "those with chemical engineering backgrounds."

I'm just looking for some advice and experience from those who have worked with or are Sapper's, what they do on a daily basis, responsibilities, and real world actions and duties.

Thank you!

2. Apr 4, 2012 at 10:41 PM
    Konaborne

Konaborne Pineapples on pizza Hawaiian does not it make.

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Kealakekua, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    Lifted 00 TRD Off-Road
    fox extended travel remote resivoir coilovers, 14" eibach 600lb coils, All Pro tubular chromoly 1" uniball upper control arms, All Pro expedition leaf packs, 10" bilstein 5150 piggyback reservoir shocks 265/75r16 Goodyear wrangler MT/R kevlars wrapped around 16" Helo 791 gloss black, Mini H1 retrofits with 6000k bulbs, 18" magnaflow w/custom exhaust reroute various decals, Sockmonkey retro hood stripes
  3. Apr 10, 2012 at 4:23 AM
    ross123

ross123 Well-Known Member

Member:
    fort bragg
    Go SF and be a engineer.does everything a sapper can do plus a whole hell of alot more

4. Apr 10, 2012 at 4:20 PM
    Bishop2Queens6

Bishop2Queens6 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2009 DCSB MGM
    Afe CAI, Harsh Ride TSB, 3rd OEM HU, Revo 2's, more on the way...
    Sounds like a plan.

5. Apr 12, 2012 at 6:02 AM
    Airborne09

Airborne09 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Fort Richardson, AK
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma TRD Off Road
    4" Rough Country, flat black alluminum wheels, 33" BFG A/T, custom exhaust
    First off, I wanna commend you on thinking about joining the military, not many people have nor will.
    Second, if you are going to join worry about making it through basic, AIT, selection (if you go SF.) Then worry about going to Sapper school.
    If you watched the Surviving the Cut then you know just a taste of the actual school. I went though back in 07 and completed the course but didn't make enough points at the end so I'm what they call a "Untabbed Sapper" still shows up on my records as completing it, just don't get the skill identifier. My point for telling you this? Focus on what is in front of you at that time... I was looking ahead to other things and wasn't focused enough and it screwed me over. So like I said focus on basic first then AIT, so on so forth.

I wish you the best of luck to you, in whatever you chose to do.

To Top