1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Any Slammed Tacos on This Forum???

Discussion in 'Street Trucks' started by MikeDeason, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Mar 29, 2010 at 2:10 PM
    doodle_cakes

doodle_cakes Well-Known Member

Member:
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 Taco SR5 5lugger
    unfortunately yes.

2. Mar 29, 2010 at 2:10 PM
    Kelson

Kelson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelson
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 5-Lug Reg. Cab SR5
    SR5 Exterior/Interior (Color matched Front Bumper, Chrome Grille Surround and Chrome Rear Bumper/Silver Scoshe Dash Kit, A/C Bezel, A/C Vent Surround) LED license plate and white interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, iPad in-Dash, JL CL-RLC, JL 13TW5 sub, JL 500/1 Slash V1 amp, JL XR 6.5 Components, Rockford Fosgate 6X9s in Boxes Front XRunner Coils, DJM Control Arms and Rear 4X4 Leafs, Custom 2" Angled Streetacos.com Blocks Front XR Bilstien Struts and Rear XR Bilstien Shocks, CravenSpeen Antennae, RX-8 Rims w/ Fronts:235/40-R18 Sumitomo HTR Rears:245/40-R18 Goodyear Eagle GT, 35% Tint front windows, OEM Sliding Privacy Glass w/ 5% Ceramic Tint, Flowmaster Super 44 dumped before the axle, URD Short Throw Shifter, Door Sill Protectors, Door Edge Guards, OEM Sport Pedals,The Retrofit Source Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III 35W 5K HID Headlights, OEM Fog Lights w/ piss yellow bulbs, OEM Cruise Control, Porsche 944 Bucket Seats, BeefedTaco Skid Plate, Whale
    i was smiling lololol no worries :):):):)

i need coffee right now blah. btw i don't hate lifted trucks, the only thing i dont like is when people have a ignorant attitude toward lowered and slammed trucks...thatt's all. :)

3. Mar 29, 2010 at 2:12 PM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...

if it werent for the kiddoe, i'd prolly have bought an Xrunner as my first taco. if they sold a DC Xrunner, i'd have probably bought that too. different than how i am going now, but still a taco. this site is all about the TACO LOVE!!!!!

4. Mar 29, 2010 at 2:29 PM
    jspadaro

jspadaro Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    Former Tacoma Owner
    Blue Oval Mod
    I don't have an ignorant attitude and that phrase is nonsensical anyway. Ignorance is a lack of knowledge. I know plenty about slammed trucks, plenty enough to know that they're idiotic. :cool:

Where's that emoticon? Oh yeah! :stirthepot:

5. Mar 29, 2010 at 3:41 PM
    Kelson

Kelson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelson
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 5-Lug Reg. Cab SR5
    SR5 Exterior/Interior (Color matched Front Bumper, Chrome Grille Surround and Chrome Rear Bumper/Silver Scoshe Dash Kit, A/C Bezel, A/C Vent Surround) LED license plate and white interior lights, Wet Okole Seat Covers, iPad in-Dash, JL CL-RLC, JL 13TW5 sub, JL 500/1 Slash V1 amp, JL XR 6.5 Components, Rockford Fosgate 6X9s in Boxes Front XRunner Coils, DJM Control Arms and Rear 4X4 Leafs, Custom 2" Angled Streetacos.com Blocks Front XR Bilstien Struts and Rear XR Bilstien Shocks, CravenSpeen Antennae, RX-8 Rims w/ Fronts:235/40-R18 Sumitomo HTR Rears:245/40-R18 Goodyear Eagle GT, 35% Tint front windows, OEM Sliding Privacy Glass w/ 5% Ceramic Tint, Flowmaster Super 44 dumped before the axle, URD Short Throw Shifter, Door Sill Protectors, Door Edge Guards, OEM Sport Pedals,The Retrofit Source Morimoto Mini D2S Stage III 35W 5K HID Headlights, OEM Fog Lights w/ piss yellow bulbs, OEM Cruise Control, Porsche 944 Bucket Seats, BeefedTaco Skid Plate, Whale
    x2 i think a dc xr would sell....idk how the sales are on the mainland, but down here there are a LOT of doublecab colorado xtremes down here

so someone driving a 6" lifted prerunner that only drives to the mall and back is less idiotic? no one hates on the lifted pic threads. have some respect.

6. Mar 29, 2010 at 3:41 PM
    Kelson

Kelson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelson
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 5-Lug Reg. Cab SR5
    why has this been moved to the street trucks section? there are lifted pic threads up on the regular second gen forum, why is this different?

7. Mar 29, 2010 at 3:45 PM
    jspadaro

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    Former Tacoma Owner
    Blue Oval Mod
    Have respect for what? Because you like slammed trucks your opinion is sacred? :confused:

Yes, mall crawlers are stupid. I can hate on those threads too if you'd like?

I'm just amused that you're all this irritated by someone arguing with you on the internet. :rolleyes: Come on. Refer to this comic: http://xkcd.com/386/

8. Mar 29, 2010 at 3:49 PM
    Kelson

Kelson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelson
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 5-Lug Reg. Cab SR5
    i didn't say my opinion is sacred. im just saying that if someone wants to have a thread with lowered trucks, you don't need to come in and put some BS comment up on it.

9. Mar 29, 2010 at 3:50 PM
    Jigzor

Jigzor Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    20 Gladiator Rubicon
    Steersmarts Draglink, Tie rod, Track Bar
    That's an opinion. Reading through, the OP asked a simple question and he got an answer. The name of the site is TACOMA WORLD, all that is tacoma. Why do you feel the need to defend/push your opinion?

My opinion is that I know plenty enough about you to determine you're an asshat or an individual with a severe case of short man syndrome.

10. Mar 29, 2010 at 3:53 PM
    jspadaro

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    Former Tacoma Owner
    Blue Oval Mod
    Well, he asked a question, and I answered it... admittedly, in the most ass way possible. Will you people lighten up? :rolleyes:

Erm... Ignorance is defined as a lack of knowledge. That is a definition. What you bolded is not an opinion...? :confused: Or are you just upset because you don't understand the word 'ignorance'?

Ignorance:
    –noun
    the state or fact of being ignorant; lack of knowledge, learning, information, etc.

And now you're jumping to personal attacks because I realize a particular thing is ugly and useless... Keep it classy, San Diego!

No need to get all butthurt, people. I'll let you enjoy your hideous slammed trucks without further comment. :D

11. Mar 29, 2010 at 3:56 PM
    DGXR

DGXR Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Friend
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle:
    2006 2.7L SR5 2-wheel drive
    I used to think slammed trucks are useless because trucks are utility vehicles and lowering them reduces their utility, right? Wrong. Lots of lowered trucks still have a surprising payload rating, just they handle the curves a little better now at the expense of ride comfort. There are a million ways to personalize your vehicle and there are a thousand ways to slam a truck. Just because it's not what I choose to do with my Tacoma does not mean that nobody should do it. To each their own. Variety is the spice of life. There, I think it's been said enough ways.

12. Mar 29, 2010 at 3:56 PM
    Jigzor

Jigzor Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    20 Gladiator Rubicon
    I know what the word means. The fact that you said it's a lack of knowledge then a sentence later stated you know enough about it. Does that mean you know just enough? That would be lack of knowledge! :rolleyes:

You opinion differs from people that have slammed trucks. It's a style they like. It's a TACOMA. That gives you zero room to bash them or what they like.

13. Mar 29, 2010 at 3:59 PM
    jspadaro

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    Former Tacoma Owner
    Blue Oval Mod
    For the record: I'm consistent with what I just posted - I'm not going to hate on slammed trucks anymore this thread.

However, I can't let this go. Someone in the internet is wrong!

Why exactly does the fact that my opinion differs from anyone mean I have zero room to bash them or what they like? ... :rolleyes: Do you understand how this works? Anybody is free to do what they want, and anybody else is free to shit all over what they like.

The only people who can decide otherwise are those who run tacomaworld, who can do whatever they want. Just because you don't like the fact that I'm calling a truck you like shitty doesn't mean I can't tell you that a truck you like is shitty. Got it? ;)

14. Mar 29, 2010 at 4:01 PM
    Jigzor

Jigzor Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    20 Gladiator Rubicon
    You make no sense. So because one person likes something that isn't your taste you are going to bash it? That's ignorant.

15. Mar 29, 2010 at 4:03 PM
    jspadaro

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    Former Tacoma Owner
    Blue Oval Mod
    How is that ignorant? You sound like Michael Jackson.

First of all, somebody responded to the OP asking what a slammed truck was, and I responded, albeit in an asinine way. I didn't randomly decide to start bashing slammed trucks until I was further provoked.

Also, yes. If I don't like something, I might say so if I feel so inclined. So what?

16. Mar 29, 2010 at 4:03 PM
    Kelson

Kelson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelson
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 5-Lug Reg. Cab SR5
    x2 i have a lot more confidence driving with unwieldy loads, still gotta drive carefully but its much more forgiving now. :D plus a lower bed is nice and easy to access

17. Mar 29, 2010 at 4:05 PM
    Kelson

Kelson Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelson
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    08 5-Lug Reg. Cab SR5
    i thought u said u weren't gonna post. :confused:

how the FK does he sound like Michael Jackson. wtf are you smoking?

18. Mar 29, 2010 at 4:05 PM
    Jigzor

Jigzor Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    20 Gladiator Rubicon
    I'm done with you. You're head is so far up your ass you don't see the point.

19. Mar 29, 2010 at 4:05 PM
    THExBUSxDRIVER

THExBUSxDRIVER Victory is reserved...

Member:
    First Name:
    GOO5E
    Vehicle:
    Old Man Tan!
    Not enough.
    I have no problem with lowered or lifted, I just prefer lifted a little more. I still have my 91 s-10 that I bagged and body dropped in my dads garage all on my own, I drive from time to time but usually I only take it out for some cruise nights and some shows. But all round driver is my taco, which I plan to LT in the next year. In the end someone elses truck IS NOT your truck so let them do what they will with it, they pay the bill right?

20. Mar 29, 2010 at 4:06 PM
    jspadaro

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    Former Tacoma Owner
    Blue Oval Mod
    And I quote myself:
    Also, Michael Jackson, when asked if he thought it was wrong to sleep in the same bed as small children, replied "That's ignorant!" You didn't pick up on the allusion. (Yes, allusion is a word.)

Products Discussed in

To Top