1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

any veterinarians or students in vet school?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Thorpedo26, Dec 25, 2011.

1. Dec 25, 2011 at 11:33 PM
    Thorpedo26

Thorpedo26 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon Thorpe
    Justin TX
    Vehicle:
    2006 silver 4 cylinder
    Blacked out badges, weathertechs, painted grill, cut tailpipe, removed mud flaps, black head lights, red calipers, tinted tails, front and rear bilsteins are here along with fatbobs spacer and aal awaiting install, also a set of 16 inch pro comps are here and 265/75/16 dynapros
    I am currently in classes going towards getting a degree in medic fire fighting type stuff, but i have been working in vet offices since i was 16 "now going on 20" as time goes on im starting to realise how much i really enjoy my job and have been considering going further with my school / life plans and try to be a DVM. My gpa isnt great right now or atleast not enough to get into a vet school but im willing to redo classes i blew off to pretty up my gpa and get a bachelors in a qualifying degree to get in. I have talked with all of the doctors i have worked with between two clinics and there happy to help but its always nice to hear from others there experiences or any tips and/or knowledge on the subject. If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great rather you yourself is a dvm, in school for it, or know others. Also i would be getting the batchelors here locally at a smaller school then looking for acceptance hopefully to save money because i would have to get loans for vet med school. Any ideas on saving money for finding a cost effective way to reach my goals? Finally last i see the army has a veterinarian branch that will pay for school then have you work your time on base, any experience or knowledge on the subject ?

Thanks for taking the time to read and give your thoughts

- Brandon T

2. Dec 27, 2011 at 8:23 AM
    Thorpedo26

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon Thorpe
    Justin TX
    Vehicle:
    2006 silver 4 cylinder
    Blacked out badges, weathertechs, painted grill, cut tailpipe, removed mud flaps, black head lights, red calipers, tinted tails, front and rear bilsteins are here along with fatbobs spacer and aal awaiting install, also a set of 16 inch pro comps are here and 265/75/16 dynapros
    i guess theres none? haha

3. Dec 27, 2011 at 8:43 AM
    Caduceus

Caduceus Well-Known Member

Member:
    in the Bluegrass
    Vehicle:
    09 DCSB TRD 4x4
    I did med school, first thing I'd redo would be English comp. Not even sure what you're asking.

Just advise on how to apply to vet schol? Or how to get your GPA up? What major to take? If you actually put some specific questions you might get some replies.

Good luck.

4. Dec 27, 2011 at 4:48 PM
    Thorpedo26

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon Thorpe
    Justin TX
    Vehicle:
    2006 silver 4 cylinder
    Just advise on the best way to apply, what most med schools look for, any information about the army helping with this if i decide that is an option for me, and personal experiences with the difficulty of the med school. Thanks

Products Discussed in

To Top