1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anybody else here have a FishCat?

Discussion in 'Boating & Fishing' started by ExOkie, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Oct 7, 2012 at 8:26 PM
    ExOkie

ExOkie [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Denver Metro
    Vehicle:
    02 Red TRD
    Deckplate Mod, Airaid Intake Hose and Filter Kit, Leer 100R Camper Shell, WeatherTech floor mats, WeatherTech bug deflector, WeatherTech window deflectors
    [​IMG]

I bought this one recently. It's a 9' Deluxe (that's what it says on the shipping declaration). It's in great shape. No rust anywhere and looks hardly used. I bought it for a steelhead fishing trip on the Klamath River in Northern California in a couple of weeks. On the suggestion of the former owner I bought some Oar Locks (to keep the oars vertical when paddling) and a pontoon emergency repair kit. Anybody else have suggestions for what I'll need for it?

2. Oct 29, 2012 at 3:20 PM
    FlyFshr

FlyFshr Well-Known Member

Member:
    Eastern WA
    Vehicle:
    13 DC TRD OR
    AVS Bug/Rock Deflector, AVS Window Vent Shades, Clear Bra, Weathertech Digifit Floor Mats, Snugtop Rebel Cap, Tacoma Bed Mat, Firestone Ride-Rite Air Suspension Bags, Map/Dome LEDs, Smittybilt Nerf Bars
    Nice boat! I don't have a fishcat but have one made by them for Sportsman Wharehouse. Anyone in your group taking along a spare oar? Might want to think about that. A PFD is a must also, I have a Cabelas self inflating, very comfortable to wear. Have fun.

3. Dec 16, 2012 at 5:34 PM
    ffirg

ffirg Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    mike
    Anchorage, Alaska
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tacoma SR5 TRD 4X4
    Deckplate mod, grey wire mod, Moromoto Mini H1 projectors, 20'' Blitzpro LED bar, two 6'' Blitzpro LED bars, ultra gauge, rhino lined bed, LED dome light in camper shell, and more to come...
    I have an 10' Outcast. I'd definitely recommend a spare oar. I am not an inexperience oarsmen at all, but the first time I used it I had my oar blade hit a the bottom and pop out and fall in the water as I was going around a very fast/dangerous bend. I blindly reached in the water up to my elbow and grabbed it luckily. I haven't gone out without one since. The oarlocks on my boat seem to be very soft brass so I had to bend them back so it wouldn't pop out as easy.

Other things I carry are a roll of duct tape, some Tear-Aid for repairing the inner bladder, and a full repair kit with sand paper, glue, and PVC patches. I also have a tiny bottle of silicone spray to lube up the bushings on the oarlocks because they get extremely squeeky sometimes.

I'd add a good safety whistle to your life jacket as well.

To Top