1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anybody in GA shocked about the Project?

Discussion in 'South East' started by Order66, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Sep 1, 2012 at 3:54 PM
    Rich91710

Rich91710 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    08 Base
    Satoshi with FJ badge, factory cruise, factory intermittent wipers, Redline Tuning hood-lift struts, Hellwig Swaybar, Rosen DVD-Nav
    This.

I haven't used FM for music since I upgraded to the Rosen with the Sirius unit.
    It's either one of the 3 or 4 metal channels or my iPod.

2. Sep 1, 2012 at 8:05 PM
    Mr. LaBeef

Mr. LaBeef Well-Known Member

Member:
    Grayson, GA
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner TRD Sport
    My dog ate my new xm. Seriously. Haven't replaced it

3. Sep 3, 2012 at 3:29 AM
    Hardscrabble

Hardscrabble Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    McDonough, GA
    Vehicle:
    Timberland Mica 4X4
    Leather seats, WeatherTech's, Access LiteRider tonneau cover, extra D-rings in bed & tailgate. Pelley lightbar with Hella 700FF's. Temp./compass O/H console.
    Wow, just found out about the switch. Too many top 40, teenie bopper, & rap radio stations in Atlanta. Satellite is the way to go.

4. Sep 3, 2012 at 5:11 AM
    stewartx

stewartx Well-Known Member

Member:
    Huntsville AL
    Vehicle:
    2012 Silver DC SB TRD Off-Road
    Winch, front hitch, step bars, bed extender, bed step, gull-wing toolbox, tailgate lock, security system, cb radio, etc.
    Amen. That Taylor Swift song ("We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together") is absolutely horrible (in any music genre). It's certainly not country.

The country music industry has been slowly drifting away from country for decades by adding other sounds to supposedly country musc songs - classic rock (okay, but not country), 80's (ahem), rap (good grief), and now Taylor Swift or similar (ugh!). At this point, my radio stays locked on the few classic rock or classic country stations remaining. I'd rather hear those songs a thousand times than a Taylor Swift-like song even once.

5. Oct 3, 2012 at 10:48 AM
    homer96

homer96 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh...or Homer
    LaFayette, Georgia
    Vehicle:
    96 Tacoma 4x4
    Hella 500s, AFE pro dry, Pioneer head unit and Polk audio 650 speakers,
    Well I was super pissed considering that my Ipod shit out on me about a week before this and I can pick up 2 other stations just like the new 96.1 in the Dahlonega area. My music choices are now: 3 pop stations, 2 or 3 country stations, or 97.1 the river. I may put a satellite radio system where my ash tray is.

6. Oct 3, 2012 at 11:01 AM
    macgyver

macgyver Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Canton, GA
    Vehicle:
    '13 Tundra double cab SR5 4x4
    It sucks definitely although I didn't listen to the project that much.

I used to listen to 99x back in the day non-stop. I stopped listening to "music" terrestrial radio years ago because they all play the same shit over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. When I'm driving, I either listen to Newstalk WSB 95.5 (News, traffic, politics) or I listen to my ipod. When I'm at work I stream soundcloud usually (EDM).

I tried Sirius XM for a little bit and got tired of it because they too play the same shit over and over again just like terrestrial radio. Also did Pandora for a little bit but it too started to play the same shit over and over. I will say that Pandora did turn me on to a few new artists, bands, and/or DJ's because they offer a little bit more variety than terrestrial and satelite radio.

It must be me... I hate hearing the same song more than maybe twice in a day. It drives me nuts. I like variety in music and pretty much listen to everything except pop, rap, and R&B. I guess I'm getting old too.

To Top