1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anybody know where to find a service manual/wiring diagrams for a 2009-10-or11

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by kristonex, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Apr 17, 2011 at 11:40 PM
    kristonex

kristonex [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maryland soon to be Denver
    Vehicle:
    2010 SR5 Access 4x4
    Debadged tailgate - Limo tinted windows - Sockmonkey bed decals - Fully custom upgraded stereo 9 speakers w/custom built subwoofer box 1200 watts total power - swapped white and blue LED gauges - integrated backup camera - removed front mud flaps - All interior lights swapped with LEDS
    Just as the title says. I need a service manual specifically wiring charts for the newest model tacos I believe the change was in 2009?? I could be wrong there but i know my 2010 is definitely different. I am trying to find a different power source for my back up camera and also I'm adding a couple relays for some other components i got lined up. And eventually I'm adding an alarm with remote start, remote window control, Gps tracking the whole nine yards. I have been looking through a set of 2006 diagrams that i found floating around on here somewhere. Its a great set with virtually everything in it but there are a lot of discrepancies I have ran into with wire colors and locations.And yes i do know you have to look at the notes for the differences between JBL non JBL etc. yada yada It would make my life a hell of a lot easier if i can find a proper set of prints. Thanks a lot. I tried a number of searches and all I have found was the ones i referred too earlier.

2. Apr 18, 2011 at 1:27 AM
    Highland Logan

Highland Logan UBIQUE

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2011 Black AC TRD Off Road w/ factory tow pkg
    Check this site out for your wiring diagrams, TTORA. Just scroll down till you find the right file.

Frank

3. Apr 18, 2011 at 3:26 PM
    kristonex

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 SR5 Access 4x4
    Debadged tailgate - Limo tinted windows - Sockmonkey bed decals - Fully custom upgraded stereo 9 speakers w/custom built subwoofer box 1200 watts total power - swapped white and blue LED gauges - integrated backup camera - removed front mud flaps - All interior lights swapped with LEDS
    Yeah those are the same as the 2006. but thanks anyway. Anybody else???

4. Apr 18, 2011 at 8:50 PM
    blackbox

blackbox Well-Known Member

Member:
    SE Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2010 reg cab 4cyl 5mt 4x4 Pyrite
    helminc.com has factory service manuals, pricey for Tacoma (I paid $380 for the 4-volume service manual, plus the wiring diagram manual, plus shipping) but much cheaper than Toyota price (like $900), the factory wiring diagram manuals are (last I checked) $60, that would seem worthwhile for what you want to do. They are genuine factory service manuals.

5. Apr 18, 2011 at 9:08 PM
    kristonex

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 SR5 Access 4x4
    Nice thank you I will definitely look into this

6. Apr 24, 2011 at 5:33 PM
    blackbox

blackbox Well-Known Member

Member:
    SE Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2010 reg cab 4cyl 5mt 4x4 Pyrite
    kristonex, glad you found what you needed. I checked helminc again for 2010 manuals today and found that they had raised their prices to, it looks like, the same as the Toyota price. Plus the 4 service manuals are listed as "out of stock", who knows if or when they will be available. The wiring diagram manual is now $135. I'm thinking Toyota had something to do with that. It just shows how much markup Toyota is putting on their stuff, if helminc could sell for $380 (the price I paid a few months ago for all 4 service manuals and the wiring manual, including shipping) what Toyota wants $900 for, not including shipping. Seems Toyota really does not want anyone but Toyota dealers working on their trucks, I understand supporting their dealers but this is extreme, and I find it objectionable.

To Top