1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

anybody on here from CT?

Discussion in 'North East' started by xtirtzt, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Nov 30, 2009 at 2:58 PM
    gavonder

gavonder She's Kickass!

Member:
    Ct
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport Access Cab
    Sunroof, Leer Cap w/ Thule rack, Factory Running Boards, Fog Light Mod, Hood Struts, Scangauge, w/homemade mirror mount, AC/Defrost mod, Rear Spring TSB, TRD Center Caps
    I've had the rear spring TSB done at Greentree Toyota in Danbury. They have been great. They also replaced my wheels at 35,000 miles because the finish was bubbling.

GA

2. Dec 11, 2009 at 8:47 AM
    flygirl

flygirl Active Member

Member:
    ct
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma TRD Sport Access cab
    Taking my Taco in tomorrow to Wallingford Toyota hoping for the Trans. fix.....also plan on mentioning the suspension & the on/off problem with the radio. Wish me luck

3. Dec 12, 2009 at 8:43 AM
    flygirl

flygirl Active Member

Member:
    ct
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tacoma TRD Sport Access cab
    Just got back from the dealer. The guy got annoyed because I gave him a list problems but told him to focus on the Trans. TSB...well, They had my truck for less than an hr. Told me they did the TSB, ordered a new radio & won't do anything about the leaf springs because it only goes up to the '08' models. I told him that the leaf springs have the same part # as the '08' & he says "well the ones on your truck are the improved ones".....so why use an old part # ? ...I told him rather than talk stupid, just say "no". I asked for paperwork to show that the TSB was done on the Trans. & he said I'll get it when they do the radio. I notice no differance in driving...so I doubt it was even done. In @ 7am...out @ 7:30am.

4. Dec 14, 2009 at 4:54 AM
    Mark C.

Mark C. If you want it bad, you usually get it bad!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM SR5 4WD AC
    LED Dome, Reed Switched LEDs in Glove Box and Center Console, Bumper Fogs, Tailgate anti-theft, LEDs over Cig lighter, Back-up camera anytime, Outside Temp add-on, Hidden GPS power, Sockmonkey 3rd Brakelight decal, 4X4 switch illumination, reed switch controlled engine compartment Flood LEDs, Elite Hitch Cover, Plasti-dipped cupholders and door switch control panels, Elite Hitch Cover.
    flygirl....I took my 2010 SR5 Access Cab 4X4 to Lorensen Toyota in Old Saybrook on Dec. 4th, complaining about the ride. They told me that they were unable to replace the suspension parts because of the year applicability given on TSB. When I asked about the part numbers being the same as the ones being replaced, they said they understood my question and would contact the regional rep and get back to me. As I have heard nothing from them yet, I intend to hit them up again today. Will let you and all know the results.....
    Good luck with yours!

5. Dec 14, 2009 at 5:01 AM
    Mark C.

Mark C. If you want it bad, you usually get it bad!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM SR5 4WD AC
    LED Dome, Reed Switched LEDs in Glove Box and Center Console, Bumper Fogs, Tailgate anti-theft, LEDs over Cig lighter, Back-up camera anytime, Outside Temp add-on, Hidden GPS power, Sockmonkey 3rd Brakelight decal, 4X4 switch illumination, reed switch controlled engine compartment Flood LEDs, Elite Hitch Cover, Plasti-dipped cupholders and door switch control panels, Elite Hitch Cover.
    The other thing I did was point out that I bought the truck in New Hampshire (much better price), and that I was looking for a dealership for my service business...and asked them if they were that dealership. I won't know until I hear from them whether they will get my business or not..........

6. Dec 14, 2009 at 9:11 AM
    KeithB

KeithB Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Cheshire, CT
    Vehicle:
    SWB '09 Tacoma DCSB Sport 4x4
    Wheels and Tires: 17x8" Ultra Goliath wheels with P285/70R17 Falken Wildpeak AT3/W tires, Suspension: Fox coilovers set at 2", TC UCA's, 1.5" lift 3 leaf pack with overload left in Other: TRD SS exhaust, Pioneer AVIC 4100 H/U with Android Auto (awesomeness), sat radio bluetooth, Accessories: Toyota roof rack, black Toyota running board steps, cargo divider, weathertech floor liners, Literider roll up soft tonneau, thule bars over tonneau, USB ports front and rear, seat heaters, birddawg mirror riser Cosmetic: window tint, grillcraft black mesh upper/lower grill, vinyl armrest in doors, Clazzio black seat covers with blue stitch, Redline steering wheel wrap Lighting: fogs only mod, back up lights, amber interior accent lighting, amber 10" LED light bar in hood scoop, 33" LED bar behind the lower grill, amber lamin-x on fog lights, Tacomabeast headlights and matching tails.
    Sorry to hear you had some resistance from them. They did my trans. TSB so problem. I'm sure they did it because I could tell the difference right away. Not sure what's going on with the radio. They keep tellling me it's backordered but it's been 4 months now. That's just rediculous. Radio's not so bad right now. Much worse in hot humid weather or really cold but def. worse in the summer. Anyway, I may eventually get an aftermarket radio so I'm not too worried about it.

7. Jan 11, 2010 at 3:47 PM
    CtYankee

CtYankee Well-Known Member

Member:
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2010 black 4x4 acc
    step bars, bull bar, tint, bug shield, debadged, tires and rims
    hey all! middletown accounted for :cool:

8. Jan 11, 2010 at 7:51 PM
    toughtaco

toughtaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 tacoma dbl cab short bed
    TRD CAI, MBRP dual exhaust, PIAA headlights and driving lights, 5% limo tint, 3 inch Skyjacker lift , AFE throttle body spacer, 285/70/17 BF Goodright AT TA KO, Grillcraft MX with PIAA's behind the grill, anytime fog light mod, reverse camera anytime mod, and PIAA fog lights on the rear bumper anytime mod light bar behind back window with truck lights for reverse assistance, Optima Red Top Battery, Onza 3x5" LEd reverse lights attached to light bar behind cab
    xtirtzt there is a meet in north NJ this weekend if you want to look that one up in northeast. Its like a 70 minute drive for me and I am going to make it, i dont know how far wayne, nj is for you but there are a few that are making the trip from nearly 3 hours away just so you know. Let me know

9. Jan 23, 2010 at 8:51 AM
    jbone

jbone Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack
    CT
    Vehicle:
    10 DC TRD Sport Pyrite Mica
    Weathertech floor liners, Bed mat, Transmission TSB, disabled seat belt chime, Pioneer Avic- x920bt, TRD catback exhaust, Bilstein 5100s on all 4 (front @ 1.75"), Rear TSB, 17x8 pro comp 7005, 265/70/17 Duratracs, AFE Pro Dry S filter
    north haven in da house :D

10. Jan 23, 2010 at 1:42 PM
    CtYankee

Member:
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2010 black 4x4 acc
    greetings fellow nutmeggers!

11. Jan 23, 2010 at 3:57 PM
    oldtacomaguy

oldtacomaguy four forty four

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    SE Conn.
    Vehicle:
    08 SR-5 4WD Impulse Red Pearl
    Alpine deck and amp, Polk speakers front and rear, Kenwood subwoofer, windows tinted to 20%, Sockmonkey decals, TSB, Eibach springs and Bilstein 5100's
    Just to let everyone know, when the nice weather gets here I'm going to try to put together a cookout/meet and greet in Pachaug State Forest, Voluntown. Still early, but I'll try to make it happen.

12. Jan 23, 2010 at 4:51 PM
    CtYankee

Member:
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2010 black 4x4 acc
    cool! keep us posted!

13. Jan 23, 2010 at 5:06 PM
    paulm09tacoma

paulm09tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    paul
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 access cab trd
    middletown here. grew up in meriden.

14. Jan 23, 2010 at 5:43 PM
    CtYankee

Member:
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2010 black 4x4 acc
    howdy neighbor! meh, ct's small... were all neighbors :)

15. Jan 23, 2010 at 7:10 PM
    paulm09tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    paul
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 access cab trd
    what part of middletown are you from?

16. Jan 24, 2010 at 6:43 AM
    KeithB

KeithB Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    Cheshire, CT
    Vehicle:
    SWB '09 Tacoma DCSB Sport 4x4
    Wheels and Tires: 17x8" Ultra Goliath wheels with P285/70R17 Falken Wildpeak AT3/W tires, Suspension: Fox coilovers set at 2", TC UCA's, 1.5" lift 3 leaf pack with overload left in Other: TRD SS exhaust, Pioneer AVIC 4100 H/U with Android Auto (awesomeness), sat radio bluetooth, Accessories: Toyota roof rack, black Toyota running board steps, cargo divider, weathertech floor liners, Literider roll up soft tonneau, thule bars over tonneau, USB ports front and rear, seat heaters, birddawg mirror riser Cosmetic: window tint, grillcraft black mesh upper/lower grill, vinyl armrest in doors, Clazzio black seat covers with blue stitch, Redline steering wheel wrap Lighting: fogs only mod, back up lights, amber interior accent lighting, amber 10" LED light bar in hood scoop, 33" LED bar behind the lower grill, amber lamin-x on fog lights, Tacomabeast headlights and matching tails.
    Well, radio finally got replaced end of Dec. No problems yet but it's so intermitent, who knows. As for the transmission tsb, it seems to be lagging again. Maybe it's all in my head but it seemed better at first.

17. Jan 24, 2010 at 12:41 PM
    ballbright

ballbright Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Vehicle:
    05 Sport Speedway Blue
    Weathertech floor liners Wet Okole seat covers
    West Hartford here

18. Jan 24, 2010 at 12:49 PM
    CtYankee

Member:
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2010 black 4x4 acc
    just moved here a few years ago... grew up in orange.
    now live on the middlefield side of middletown... the quiet side :)
    you?

19. Jan 25, 2010 at 10:03 AM
    paulm09tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    paul
    connecticut
    Vehicle:
    09 access cab trd
    over by xavier high. nice quiet little neighborhood over on this side too.

20. Jan 25, 2010 at 12:43 PM
    CtYankee

Member:
    Connecticut
    Vehicle:
    2010 black 4x4 acc
    yea, once you get away from the downtown area, its all nice n quiet, for the most part.

Products Discussed in

To Top