1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Anyone? 35" tires, 2" lift, custom fenders.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by nvdeserted, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Feb 3, 2009 at 1:18 PM
    RelentlessFab

RelentlessFab Eric @Relentless Fab Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 AC 6mt>03 SR5 >08 Sport and 17 6MT TRD OR
    Relentless Armored! Too many others to list.
    HEY, there it is! vvvv lol
    How do they fit on there? Lots of rubbing, or lots of trimming?
    did you use my link to get there or just find it by searching?

2. Feb 3, 2009 at 1:33 PM
    nvdeserted

nvdeserted [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma TRD OR Access Cab
    Electric Dynolock tailgate, TrailGear Slides, , 285/75-16 Yoko Geolanders on Wheelers Type B, SAW 2.0 front and back, Camburg b/j UCA, 1.5" AAL, Ubolt flip, ARB bump.
    xtreme450, I somehow missed the link you provided. I actually found that link doing a "bumper" search on here. Weird.

Hopefully these dudes get back to me. That truck in the picture is almost exactly what I had in mind, minus the running boards and wheels. Looks pretty close to stock with 35s, love it.

It does say "40mm susp lift and sometimes a body lift"... I can't stand body lifts. Hopefully they do it without lifting the body on the Tacos.

3. Feb 3, 2009 at 1:38 PM
    RelentlessFab

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    Yep, their trucks look pretty sick for sure. A bunch of people on here love the bumper they put on those trucks but no one can seem to find them anywhere.

4. Feb 3, 2009 at 1:47 PM
    nvdeserted

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    Electric Dynolock tailgate, TrailGear Slides, , 285/75-16 Yoko Geolanders on Wheelers Type B, SAW 2.0 front and back, Camburg b/j UCA, 1.5" AAL, Ubolt flip, ARB bump.
    Exactly, haha, that's the thread where I found this link. It was about the bully on the front of their show truck... apparently it's a 1-off.

They also make a kit t put 38s on a Nissan Navarra; that one on their website looks like it was designed by NASA. http://www.arctictrucks.com/Pages/1370

5. Feb 3, 2009 at 1:53 PM
    nvdeserted

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    I'm also kind of curious, since it seems like this company is concerned with snow floatation, if their lift-kits limit articulation to help with the oversized tires in close quarters.

6. Feb 3, 2009 at 6:37 PM
    Dilsky

Dilsky There go my nipples again!

Member:
    First Name:
    Shawn
    Edmonton AB
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport
    2.5" Fox Extendable Coilovers, LR UCAs, Agri-Cover Larado soft top, Pop'n Lock, 48" Hi-Lift Jack, 20" Incubus Offroad rims

Yea I bought the truck used and the guy already had it set up. It does rub on the inside of the frame. I would take pictures to show you however I am still in the middle of my truck "issues". As far as i could tell the guy only had a 3" revtek lift in there. I am looking to upgrade the whole system once I have my truck back. Probably going to downsize the tires once these ones are worn down. I am very happy with the way they look, however I do plan to put the truck to good use and I could use the extra couple of inches with 33's.

7. Feb 3, 2009 at 6:49 PM
    Delmarva

Delmarva Mayor of TW

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2013 4runner Limited Looking for a Taco
    It's the wife's T4R so it's stock
    ^^
    Interesting...

8. Feb 3, 2009 at 6:52 PM
    Dilsky

Dilsky There go my nipples again!

Member:
    First Name:
    Shawn
    Edmonton AB
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Sport
    2.5" Fox Extendable Coilovers, LR UCAs, Agri-Cover Larado soft top, Pop'n Lock, 48" Hi-Lift Jack, 20" Incubus Offroad rims
    ^^
    Indeed...

9. Feb 3, 2009 at 7:19 PM
    Allens_Piece

Allens_Piece Well-Known Member

Member:
    Anchorage Alaska
    Vehicle:
    09 4XTRD Dbl Cab
    Wheels/tires 3" Toytek coilover w/ OME rear springs (no blocks) Billstien shocks, K&N CAI, TRD Exhaust.
    I'll definitely have to change the gearing, I do tow and I'm not gonna be able to keep the stock ratio, plus I find LOW to be slightly on the high side already with the stock tires, and it's gotta be all functional too... not just look cool.[/quote]

Almost seems like you are expecting a jeep from the tacoma... just an observation, although i have been drinking which would explain my inability to read the rest of the posts... :proposetoast:

10. Feb 3, 2009 at 7:20 PM
    Allens_Piece

Allens_Piece Well-Known Member

Member:
    Anchorage Alaska
    Vehicle:
    09 4XTRD Dbl Cab
    Wheels/tires 3" Toytek coilover w/ OME rear springs (no blocks) Billstien shocks, K&N CAI, TRD Exhaust.

Wow, that does look good... and practical. Nice research.

11. Feb 3, 2009 at 7:39 PM
    nvdeserted

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    Almost seems like you are expecting a jeep from the tacoma... just an observation, although i have been drinking which would explain my inability to read the rest of the posts... :proposetoast:[/quote]

You know, I bought this tacoma thinking it would be plenty good off road and get me wherever I needed to go which it does, bu it's where I want to go that's bugging me; my years of offoading have all been in Jeeps with a bunch of mods, etc, and usually "disposable" bodies. Now with the new Taco I go wheeling and drive past some of my old favorite trails and it bugs me that I can't take them... at least without dragging and scratching/denting the crap out of it. And as usual, I get something and plan on keeping it stock, which lasts about 3 months before I decide that it needs to be built and proven on the rubicon... everytime! I guess either wheelin is in my blood, or I'm just an idiot. Plus having a brand new vehicle that needs no repairs/constant work is new to me, idle hands I guess.

I said to myself when I bought it: "not doing anything to this one", then it's like, "well, sliders would be a good investment, and the stock tires kinda suck" then I'm like "well if I'm gonna buy new tires I might as well get some 35"BFGs......" Already looking into winch/bumper combos, looks like me and GF are eating top ramen this year.

12. Feb 3, 2009 at 7:44 PM
    RelentlessFab

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    you should definatealy get some rock sliders and some Bud built skids on your truck to protect it too. That way at least if you're really gonna 'wheel it then it doesn't get messed up too soon.

13. Feb 3, 2009 at 7:45 PM
    khaos5407

khaos5407 Work in progress

Member:
    Reisterstown, MD
    Vehicle:
    08 SR5 Tacoma Sport Edition Silver
    go with desert works, cant go wrong

14. Feb 3, 2009 at 7:51 PM
    Khaos

Khaos Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD SPORT Prerunner
    3” spacer lift, 285/75/17 KO2, Spidertrax 1.25” spacers
    Its gonna take work, but if your willing to make them fit then do it.

scottstruck004_e59252fb37fca98295e844a84a0b27ed2ded8905.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top